Ummmh

Apr 27, 2018
Well, first of all I don't have any issues with Windows as a OS, I currently run the latest build of Windows 11, and when it comes to Windows Defender, it's actually really good, using 3rd party anti-virus/malware software is quite pointless!

Edit: But that didn't exactly answer my question :p I wonder if others has also had this same issue!
Speaking as someone who trained network security, and was a network tech for years, Windows Defender is garbage, and you're living in a fool's paradise if you think otherwise.

Understand that Microsoft always puts in the minimum, token effort to get its foot in the door and push out competition. Whatever they offer is always subpar, getting by solely on it's just being there without actually being great.

Will Windows Defender stop a lot of things? Sure. But there's a hell of a lot it won't, that other options will.

And *please* tell me you aren't running on an admin account while browsing the net using only Windows Defender...

Last edited:

Ummmh

Apr 27, 2018
To answer your question in a more serious way, Windows Defender is known to have a lot of false positive results.

Bit Defender, Kaspersky, ESET have at the moment the best security suites, but they all need you to pay for it. On the free side, Avast is the best since a few years.
I have actually seen some very mixed results with Kaspersky, to the point that I don't trust it anymore.

Glad to see someone else plugging Avast. It's ususlly not top of the paid pile, but as free apps go it's really darn good, or at least it used to be.

I once managed to pull an entire school district's PCs out of the fire when their licensed app, AVG failed and we got hit by a Russian virus that Avast handily got rid of when I manually installed it on everything.

Shenhan

Apr 7, 2018
Is it possible to avoid sexual interactions with dudes (not traps or futas, just dudes) in this game?

BeccaBoo

Apr 21, 2018
Hi all, it's nearly that time again. Here is the latest update from Davie.

Healslut Development News

Hello friends!
The new update is coming along nicely. Currently I am working on Sparkle getting captured as a Fairy on the slaver's ship. She'll meet two new little people, perhaps be elected as a queen, and possibly make a "deal" to get her and her new Pixie pals out of their prisony predicament.
What else will there be? A few fixes for getting the vial from Swollwang, some pet stuff for the Lel-owned Sparkles out there, and Sparkle causing a "distraction" at the bandit camp. Of course there will be a lot of other little fixes and funsies sprinkled in here and there as well.
I had planned on having this next release out on the 24th but I've been on a roll the past few days and I'm adding more stuff. So now I'm going to say the 31st (unless I get what I want done by this weekend, which may just happen!). I'll remind myself to keep you updated!
In other Steamy news...
I am now an approved developer on Steam! This is very much thanks to a very generous unnamed hero who did all the grunt work to get me set up on Steam as a dev. And after much back-and-forth... we got Erin's Naughty Friday approved for Steam as well! Snag it for free when it releases if you like:

[It even has an actual achievement!]
Standard Davie Disclaimer: ENF is not in production and all I've done with it is make the additions/changes necessary for getting it on Steam (ok I did add the achievement too but that was like 20 minutes max - and the trailer is compliments of Fiverr). My focus remains 100% on developing Healslut until the full release.

This is going to be a huge help in getting Healslut on Steam since it is much easier to get subsequent games approved (as well as the fact that HS will probably be going up as Early Access, which is generally tougher to get done). Please remember that if you have contributed to development for at least the cost of the end product (price is still being determined and I'm open to suggestions) then I will make sure you get a free Steam key (even if I have to buy them myself due to limits).

Thank you for supporting development, friends. I appreciate you!

BeccaBoo

Apr 21, 2018
Hi everyone, here is an update from Davie.Looks like there will be a slight delay. Apologies for the late posting, Covid has finally caught up with me. On the mend now though :).

Hello friends,
First off I need to postpone this release for a few days. I thought I would have it done. Sorry about that! It will be out soon but I have...

Stupid Excuses
1. Getting the ENF build running without errors on Steam and then getting the build approved on Steam to meet the release date took a lot more time than I expected. This is entirely on me and I apologize for having to steal some development time for that. I will make the time up!

2. A generous long-term benefactor made a request (the first one they've ever made!). The result of the request is the addition of a new Fairy form to the options menu: Rose Nymph. Of course I have also adjusted the dialog and reactions throughout the story to incorporate this new addition. Getting this one done was a time-consuming hassle because the benefactor is incredibly picky and frustratingly stubborn (I'm not talking behind their back, they are well aware of this). At any rate the Nymph is (mostly) completed and we've mutually agreed that I won't be taking any more requests from them in the future. Weird but hey, win-win-win you-me-them I guess?

3. Another request, nearly completed, had to be pulled back out of the game. That took a lot of time both ways. I won't provide any more details here but I will probably whinge about it on Discord if you're curious.

4. I haven't been able to get enough story in yet! I'm committed to adding 20-30 minutes of story to these updates and I haven't gotten to that point. Need a bit more time.

What's Done?
  • Sparkle getting captured as a Fairy on the pirate ship is halfway done but that is what is going in this release (other half to come next)
  • Some pet stuff for Lel-owned Sparkles
  • Sparkle can now get Swollwang's vial without extracting it herself (as long as she hasn't played with weiners before)
  • Finished/fixed the common room scene with JaRemy
  • Fixed a couple bugs with the vile vial
  • Emo Roopah (I'm not telling)
What's Left?
  • Complete the Nymph (won't take long)
  • Add more to the pet-play stuff (too brief)
  • Get as much additional story progress as I can
  • Test the whole freakin' mess
This should only take me a couple days but again, I don't want to promise that. It shouldn't take nearly this long but to give myself a buffer I'm going to say that (unless I'm dead) I will have it out by the 7th at the very latest.

BeccaBoo

Apr 21, 2018
Hi everyone and happy Easter!
The latest update has now dropped and here is the changelog.
As always I will share in 2 weeks so if you can support Davie please do so otherwise expect lewdy goodness in a couple of weeks!

Some things didn't get completed and some things got pulled. Here is a small list of what has been moved to next release:
Missing
  • All the pet stuff (sorry!)
  • Port Town beach scene conclusion
  • Captured Sparkle as Fairy conclusions
And here is the stuff actually in this update:
Changelog
  • Rose Nymph now available as a Fairy Form (at spell selection scene or in the options)
  • Updated Fairy floating animation to be smoother and more floaty-like
  • Added a bit of sprite animation throughout the story
  • Added more emote sprites to the dungeon kidnap scenes
  • Finished/fixed the common room scene with JaRemy
  • Sparkle can now get Swollwang's vial without extracting it herself as long as she hasn't played with weiners before
  • Sparkle can now skip the entire Port Town run-around by surrendering the booty
  • Fwawr's Underoos are now available in the ship clothing chest (if you got them previously and only CLASSIC Sparkle currently!)
  • Updated the "rags" outfit and relevant scenes on the boat
  • Re-rendered all nude and collar bimbo sprites for consistent makeup and eye color
  • (Re)rendered some Lel sprites for missing/awkward poses
  • Re-rendered customs office NPC sprites to improve look/design
  • Fixed bug with getting the vile vial for free
  • Fixed bug with town meeting with Fwawr
  • Fixed bug with tracking sexytimes with Wejit
  • Fixed bug with tracking night 1 partner
  • Fixed bug with "angry" sprite on some outfits

4.30 star(s) 124 Votes