tontoman

May 4, 2017
Those are bullshit reasons. I mean, come on! MC have done a good job out of anything she ever tried and, still, she is treated like shit. And - no, Kayden isn't excused because "he tries". Partly because he doesn't try to be a good leader at all, he just humiliates Sparkle on every opportunity he gets.

But the crux of the problem isn't even that your teammates are dicks. No, the crux of the problem is that their attitude is the same regardless of your actions. What's the point in acting more confident and capable and in acting less slutty if the result is the same?! If I wish Sparkle to be humiliated I would go loot puppy route (and I did in my first playthrough). But If I don't want it?

This is a great game, don't get me wrong! Possibly it's the best erotic game out there and I do love it. But I wish it to have more routes than "hardcore submissive" and "slightly less submissive".
Heh, you might not like them, but I wouldn't call those bullshit reasons. People can be shit just because. Anyone who's been around has probably had one of those bosses or had to work with someone like that at some point.

If you want varied paths you can do both. Certain characters might treat you the same way always, just because that's how they are. Others could have diverging paths depending on how you act as they adjust. And how you're treated could/would be different on what situation you are in at the time. What happens in a personal relationship during time off, would be different when you're in the healslut role on an adventure (the healslut position title is a giveaway). One could be more lovey dovey (but as far as that could go with these characters.. none seem to lean that far that way), but on a mission you still need your butt smack to heal.

Gamewise the problem is renders. If it was just story then much easier to write it out (assuming a good writer). But if it means difference visual scenes it means more renders which is more time. With these great characters and renders and the game setup, who doesn't want more, but more isn't cost free. Dev has to pick his battles heh.

Reactions: BeccaBoo

Esti

Oct 14, 2017
wouldn't call those bullshit reasons
Well they are lying in their reasoning, so... Bullshit all the same. And I don't give two fucks about how this things happens IRL because in real life you can't always just leave some assholes hanging. But guess what? You can do it in the game. And you can find another party if you need. Also, Charm Creature is a pretty powefull ability if you ask me. It means that Sparkle CAN BE GOOD ON HER OWN, just charming some tanks for protection and healing them. She doesn't even need the party to begin with. Unlike some faggots who would be screwed without a good healer.

the healslut position title is a giveaway
No? It can mean that the character is easy and a healer, nothing more. Besides, those assholes never heard about this class, so your reasoning here can't be their reasoning.

Reactions: Hyborem

tontoman

May 4, 2017
Well they are lying in their reasoning, so... Bullshit all the same. And I don't give two fucks about how this things happens IRL because in real life you can't always just leave some assholes hanging. But guess what? You can do it in the game. And you can find another party if you need. Also, Charm Creature is a pretty powefull ability if you ask me. It means that Sparkle CAN BE GOOD ON HER OWN, just charming some tanks for protection and healing them. She doesn't even need the party to begin with. Unlike some faggots who would be screwed without a good healer.

No? It can mean that the character is easy and a healer, nothing more. Besides, those assholes never heard about this class, so your reasoning here can't be their reasoning.
The irony of 'just find another party if you need to' is that it's very much like the IRL situation of 'just find another job if you need to' lol. But that aside, yeah that could happen. Could be the path for a more Dom MC potentially.
But what makes those two (Kayden and Roopah you were asking about being so mean) dicks, is the fact they don't or haven't changed. If they suddenly got all nice, they wouldn't be dicks. They might change, that's up to the dev. All we're saying is it's their characterization so far. They are acting like dicks because they are dicks.

As for slut, yeah, sure that word has no negative connotations. If it was meant to mean just easy, they would use easy not slut. Different words are used for reasons. But after seeing 'faggots' and 'assholes', me thinks it's more of a rant thing than writing and character issues. Or at least enough of one that I'm done with it.

Tp

Aug 23, 2016
V.4B2 is up at TFG.

Link for PC mega from TFG.

Mac and apk links at tfg site.

Changelog in spoilers

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: onomado

Esti

Oct 14, 2017
The irony of 'just find another party if you need to' is that it's very much like the IRL situation of 'just find another job if you need to' lol.
No? It's much easier to find another good party than a decent job.

They are acting like dicks because they are dicks.
But to just plainly disregard all Sparkle deeds as if it was nothing? It's worse than with Lel and she is a loot puppy for fuck sake! Although that wouldn't be such a problem if you could put them in their place.

negative connotations
Other than being easy there is a chance that your services are for sale. Which is bad because?

rant thing than writing and character issues
It can be both.

SpikyHair

Nov 13, 2019
No? It's much easier to find another good party than a decent job.
Especially since you can, like, just charm a bunch of critters to make your own (probably more powerful, at that) party.

Which kind of brings the question - why didn't Sparkle try to charm any of the major enemies encountered so far? Learning there are some limitations to the use of that power alone would pave over that plothole.

Also, are you genuinely arguing whether "slut" has negative connotations or not? Hell, quick practical test - go up to any random woman, and call her a slut. The results should be telling.

That said, after playing the new version I have to say I'm also getting somewhat annoyed mySparkle has no way of getting more assertive.

Jared Kayden at this point is definitely getting too uppity. Panki is apparently embracing her demonic side a bit too much, but we'll have to see how it ends. Lel is also starting to embrace the dickiness of the group? o_O

The fish sellers exchange was gold, though. Reminded me of a Monthy Python skit in how delightfully absurd it got at times. I raise my cup o' tea to you, your imagination, and the quality of your writing, good sir!

Hope there's more FairySparkle content planned, though not sure what I should think about the possibility of Roopah getting her hands on THAT.

Really fun game, can't wait for more of the story.

Edit: Also, still no way to check with Panki (or whomever yourSparkle is entangled with) before agreeing to "free use Sparkle?" Pooh.

amorianesh

Dec 11, 2016
I get this error, it only happens with this game

After loading the script.
KeyError: "There is no item named 'screenshot.png' in the archive"

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "D:\games\nsfw\hs_by_dz-0.4B2-pc\hs_by_dz-0.4B2-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 314, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "D:\games\nsfw\hs_by_dz-0.4B2-pc\hs_by_dz-0.4B2-pc\renpy\main.py", line 414, in main
renpy.loadsave.init()
File "D:\games\nsfw\hs_by_dz-0.4B2-pc\hs_by_dz-0.4B2-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 928, in init
get_cache(i).preload()
File "D:\games\nsfw\hs_by_dz-0.4B2-pc\hs_by_dz-0.4B2-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 877, in preload
self.get_screenshot()
File "D:\games\nsfw\hs_by_dz-0.4B2-pc\hs_by_dz-0.4B2-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 866, in get_screenshot
rv = self.screenshot = location.screenshot(self.slotname)
File "D:\games\nsfw\hs_by_dz-0.4B2-pc\hs_by_dz-0.4B2-pc\renpy\savelocation.py", line 461, in screenshot
return l.screenshot(slotname)
File "D:\games\nsfw\hs_by_dz-0.4B2-pc\hs_by_dz-0.4B2-pc\renpy\savelocation.py", line 241, in screenshot
zf.getinfo('screenshot.png')
File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/zipfile.py", line 909, in getinfo
KeyError: "There is no item named 'screenshot.png' in the archive"

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320

Sat Jan 18 04:49:08 2020

Can't find anything by googling, I've tried deleting everything, reinstalling, wiping saves, nothing does anything. The only thing I can do to make it start is by editing the files giving the error but then I can't save or load

tontoman

May 4, 2017
Is "Gay" content optional?
So long as you keep your character female yep. If not, might be an instance so far (not counting M/Futa) but don't really play that line. But I think that is also avoidable. Just don't go male and full slut.

BigBabs69

Mar 3, 2017
I'm not into freeuse,but i just had to see the new Roopah scene and it was totally worth downloading :D
Can't wait for the fairy path to get updated!

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
Posted by the dev a couple of days ago (btw, get well soon!):
[...] I've been ill over the past week or so and have been more than a little out of it. I'll make sure to get that update out today. But please don't get all excited for it, it isn't a major update but mainly just a teaser for the 'free use' route that was intended to be a holiday supplement for supporters.
Can't find anything by googling, I've tried deleting everything, reinstalling, wiping saves, nothing does anything. The only thing I can do to make it start is by editing the files giving the error but then I can't save or load
Did you also delete all the files in %APPDATA%\Roaming\RenPy\hs-1555821003 or just those inside the "save" folder?
It looks to me like the game is trying to load a corrupted save (saves are basically archives. Each of them includes a thumbnail, which is actually called screenshot.png. Maybe this small image is missing in a save of yours: remove them one by one until you can properly start the game).

Edit: I hope I didn't mess up the path, I can't properly test it. Also, mine is just a wild guess.

he_found_you

Jun 11, 2017
I just "love" it when a dev is so ambitious that there are so many tags for 105mb /409 renders!
Of course, the dialogue to pics is 20 to 1 and the game is deadly stupid.

BeccaBoo

Apr 21, 2018
Good to see this is still getting updates
Davie is extremely active issuing updates on pretty much a monthly basis and regularly posting updates and teases on his Patreon page. I really think this is one game that will not be abandoned by the dev, it is a labour of love as well as a way of generating income.

Ayumi T

Sep 16, 2019
Weird, somehow Twig suddenly became part the group even though I never visited her. She's in conversations without her picture actually appearing.
I'm at the part where they head out for their 2nd adventure.

4.30 star(s) 124 Votes