ashrana88

Nov 21, 2017
Totally fair, I was mostly under the assumption it was deliberate, my griefs are with regards to the characters "likeability" per se, not the actual writing quality itself.
I generally make choices with that in mind, so I find the game trying to guilt me for Kayden and Wejit a little grating.

DeFries

May 16, 2018
Totally fair, I was mostly under the assumption it was deliberate, my griefs are with regards to the characters "likeability" per se, not the actual writing quality itself.
I generally make choices with that in mind, so I find the game trying to guilt me for Kayden and Wejit a little grating.

Just for my own reference, what did you think a healslut was? The whole point is that she gets unreasonably blamed for everything and insulted despite working one of the hardest and things not being her fault.

You thought a healslut was just a slutty healer?

deskald

Apr 20, 2018
Just for my own reference, what did you think a healslut was? The whole point is that she gets unreasonably blamed for everything and insulted despite working one of the hardest and things not being her fault.

In my experience healslut is a party member that has also other spells/skills to buff allies, debuff enemies, crowd control, damage prevention and damage enemies BUT the party want only heals from him/her.

healer: hey guys I have some buff to do before the fight to prevent damage, give me 30 seconds...
the party suddenly charge the monsters, healer have to heal non-stop everyone

healer: with this new level I learned a powerful holy spell effective against demons and undeads
party: you do the heals, the mage do the damage, the knight tank the boss. Stop.
healer: but we can do the encounter faster if I...
party: Stop.

DeFries

May 16, 2018
No, no, a healslut is a term for a sub in a team that gets abused and degraded, google it and look out for urbandictionary or dictionary.

It’s like downloading TrapQuest, then writing: “This game has very little focus on traditional traps, no tar traps, fire traps, poison traps, noose traps, I’m 3 hours in and have yet to raid treasure temple. There are a lot of chicks with dicks though, not really my kind of game”

*WooooOoooosh*, at that point it’s clear you were completely oblivious to what you were getting.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Antosha and araihs

DeFries

May 16, 2018
The healslut experience is more like healing your group in a boss fight and you go OOM due to the Tank not using his defensive abilities because he wants big dick numbers on his screen and DPS refuses to move out of the fire because they wouldn’t get the 99% parsec meta on discord.

You’ve been working your ass off using your own very expensive mana consumables you had to farm all week and fly all round to avoid a wipe. Then when the boss dies I get shit for not rebuffing the DPS the last 20 seconds of the fight with a stamina buff and I’m a worthless cunt for not at least off-dpsing the same amount the Tank did, I’m a total waste of group slot :3 and barely worth the vendor trash I‘m looting.

If you can’t do that we can’t enjoy playing together. In fact I may even let people die on purpose and aggro trash packs till you do keep tabs on me and keep me in place like the little healslut failure I am.

Reactions: Proto Persona

Proto Persona

Jan 23, 2018
The healslut experience is more like healing your group in a boss fight and you go OOM due to the Tank not using his defensive abilities because he wants big dick numbers on his screen and DPS refuses to move out of the fire because they wouldn’t get the 99% parsec meta on discord.

You’ve been working your ass off using your own very expensive mana consumables you had to farm all week and fly all round to avoid a wipe. Then when the boss dies I get shit for not rebuffing the DPS the last 20 seconds of the fight with a stamina buff and I’m a worthless cunt for not at least off-dpsing the same amount the Tank did, I’m a total waste of group slot :3 and barely worth the vendor trash I‘m looting.
As a career support and healer player, I feel triggered.
If you can’t do that we can’t enjoy playing together. In fact I may even let people die on purpose and aggro trash packs till you do keep tabs on me and keep me in place like the little healslut failure I am.
Yes, the dark side of healing. They may think I'm their heal bitch, but I hold their life in my hands. :devilish:
We healer do this sometimes.. otherwise how the people learn how to play correctly? :devilish:
You say that as though most DPS are capable of learning. :giggle:

DeFries

May 16, 2018
As a career support and healer player, I feel triggered.
Well it depends what you're after of course, if you want recognition, pats on the back and be a valued team member this is probably really frustrating.

But as a certified healslut the harsher, unreasonable and degrading you get treated the better, it's just a matter of time before they force you to pay for their repair costs from your cut and heal all pets up to 100% every fight (which you are reminded of are still more valuable to the group than you :sneaky:), they start using your inventory slots as extra backpack for their trash loot so you can't pick anything up for yourself. All the while getting scolded along the way for everything bad that happens to the group, be it things I obviously have zero control over. DPS dc'd and we're missing burst damage, my fault. Tank taking huge crits that are unhealable, my fault. Random dps aoe breaks cc, my fault. Nobody bringing pots to compensate spike damage, my fault. Tell me how this little healer can repent....

I think the first question in the game "it's the healer's fault" perfectly captures this.

Though healing wise, if I feel I'm not properly treated and managed like worthless trash I'm going to give them more reasons to start treating me as such.

But you go ahead and be a 'proper' 'valued' and 'respectable' healer.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Proto Persona

Goronthil

Jul 14, 2017
It seems the next update will be delayed (patreon source), I'm not one of his subscriber but did he give the reason ? (a personal problem, or a technical issue ?)

DeFries

May 16, 2018
It seems the next update will be delayed (patreon source), I'm not one of his subscriber but did he give the reason ? (a personal problem, or a technical issue ?)
Oh he bought a new graphics card because the previous one died down, but he is saving up for an even better one. There are some new outfits so he needed a lot of rendering. Also he's going to work full-time on this since the goal has been achieved but he has a two week resign notice.

Goronthil

Jul 14, 2017
Oh he bought a new graphics card because the previous one died down, but he is saving up for an even better one. There are some new outfits so he needed a lot of rendering. Also he's going to work full-time on this since the goal has been achieved but he has a two week resign notice.
Woaw so many news !!
Well there are good and bad news but it seems the dev is doing okay for now :) thanks !

deskald

Apr 20, 2018
The game is nice but there are too many decisions and paths mutually exclusive, a lot are not minor change in the story; this require to play multiple games.
Actually you can set yourself in the party like a respectable healer, a healer/looter, a slut looter/healer without shame or respect. You can have an important relation with Kayden (I haven't tried), Panki (as nice girlfriend or mistress), Roopah (as her slut or a wannabe girlfriend) or Lel (she can have a mean or a sweet path), you can change your body (female, girly boy or futa) and your companions dislike certain body types, you can learn some skill to go slutty and not make you partner angry or jelous.
I'm not considering the secondary characters like Leigh, the Goblin, Harmony, Twig/Champ.

And this game is only at the version 0.4c.
I'd love the different choices but I also fear all the hours and the work to go trough all these different paths.

Proto Persona

Jan 23, 2018
The game is nice but there are too many decisions and paths mutually exclusive, a lot are not minor change in the story; this require to play multiple games.
Actually you can set yourself in the party like a respectable healer, a healer/looter, a slut looter/healer without shame or respect. You can have an important relation with Kayden (I haven't tried), Panki (as nice girlfriend or mistress), Roopah (as her slut or a wannabe girlfriend) or Lel (she can have a mean or a sweet path), you can change your body (female, girly boy or futa) and your companions dislike certain body types, you can learn some skill to go slutty and not make you partner angry or jelous.
I'm not considering the secondary characters like Leigh, the Goblin, Harmony, Twig/Champ.

And this game is only at the version 0.4c.
I'd love the different choices but I also fear all the hours and the work to go trough all these different paths.
And yet somehow the Dev has been doing all this part time, and has very recently started doing it full time. Can you imagine how much crazier things are gonna get now? I'm rather excited about the possibilities.

1zaza1

Oct 22, 2017
But as a certified healslut the harsher, unreasonable and degrading you get treated the better, it's just a matter of time before they force you to pay for their repair costs from your cut and heal all pets up to 100% every fight (which you are reminded of are still more valuable to the group than you :sneaky:), they start using your inventory slots as extra backpack for their trash loot so you can't pick anything up for yourself. All the while getting scolded along the way for everything bad that happens to the group, be it things I obviously have zero control over. DPS dc'd and we're missing burst damage, my fault. Tank taking huge crits that are unhealable, my fault. Random dps aoe breaks cc, my fault. Nobody bringing pots to compensate spike damage, my fault. Tell me how this little healer can repent....
That's an interesting point. Despite MegaReal being a game, we don't see monsters dropping loot. Now, to keep the game sane, every monster can't drop loot, but you almost never see any drops. I remember there being some potions ingredients but there are no weapons or armor. Even if Sparkle can't wear them, someone else can. You can choose to get Wejit some armor and a weapon, but the great sword disappears after Lel and Sparkle recover it from the dungeon.

deskald

Apr 20, 2018
And yet somehow the Dev has been doing all this part time, and has very recently started doing it full time. Can you imagine how much crazier things are gonna get now? I'm rather excited about the possibilities.
Yes, it is an example of great skills.
But I also fear that there could be a risk to make the product so complicated for a single programmer to finish it or at least to delay it.
I played "A Wife And Mother" and the story easily could be split in 2 parts: good and bad walkthroughs/choices.

I hope to see this game completed because is about fantasy, isekai, moral and hard choices. There is not pure good and evil but shades of grey, for example the party leader isn't an asshole because is an asshole but because he want to keep the people alive: he gives credits to other companions, do their side quests, wait the protagonist to return but also punish the errors.
To be frank I would have expelled the protagonist from the party and invited a "normal" healer. :)

"eager healers willing to do what they can for their team "

I didn't know about this fetish until today. Go make a culture! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Proto Persona

Jan 23, 2018
Yes, it is an example of great skills.
But I also fear that there could be a risk to make the product so complicated for a single programmer to finish it or at least to delay it.
I played "A Wife And Mother" and the story easily could be split in 2 parts: good and bad walkthroughs/choices.
This is not the devs first or only game. Thanks to his recent Patreon goal though it is the first project he'll be able to do full time. I'm confident that barring acts of god the game will be completed.

I hope to see this game completed because is about fantasy, isekai, moral and hard choices. There is not pure good and evil but shades of grey, for example the party leader isn't an asshole because is an asshole but because he want to keep the people alive: he gives credits to other companions, do their side quests, wait the protagonist to return but also punish the errors.
To be frank I would have expelled the protagonist from the party and invited a "normal" healer. :)
I think there's more behind the scenes reasoning to why Kayden has held to the MC. It wasn't until this last update that we started seeing the real meat of the plot. I expect there's more surprises in store for us.

Also, you can edit your posts instead of making a new post. Double posting just makes more work for the mods.

Reactions: deskald

DeFries

May 16, 2018
we don't see monsters dropping loot
Well there is, depending on the path you take you kill some monsters and a goblin for a chest with valuables and you get gold coins for selling items in town. Also you get the epic sword for Planki from imps, though they technically don't 'drop' them. But it's not 1 on 1 the same as a game, I'm sure the loot and being a 'loot puppy' is going to be a part that will be expanded later on. We already have confirmed new outfits for sparkle.

4.30 star(s) 124 Votes