Enviouss

Apr 7, 2018
Really disappointed with
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Does she change her mind later, or should I just go ahead and start over on a different route?
You are trying to date an orc - so it will be strange if she become a romantic and lovable partner after just one night. I think that ,, Getting into a (somewhat ) normal relationship with Roopah'' will be one of the goals/endings if you follow her path of the story. There are a few hints in the game for that but you will have to work for that happy ending. At least thats my opinion on the subject.

Reactions: Lillen B.

Back

Aug 3, 2017
Roopah's anatomy scares me; thus, I've avoided her in playthrough despite a very attractive upper half. ^^"

...lol, while in the process of trying to respond to the "lovable orcs" comment (in a non-rapey, non-asshole-y way), I ended up with several dozen images on the topic. Talk about getting sidetracked! I'll avoid spamming them here, but thanks for the inadvertent sudden interest in them again. ^^" Man, I want to play a tabletop campaign again.

Enviouss

Apr 7, 2018
I'll upload it on July 4th if no one else has by then :)
If you like the game and if you want more content - don't share the new version. You will be directly messing with DavieZwey( the game developer ) livelihood - he is working full time on this project and his income is based on it. The game will become free for download in 2 weeks ( before the pandemic it was a month before public release ) - and in my opinion this is already quite generous release schedule. Also I think the last time when the game leaked he was pretty disheartened.

BeccaBoo

Apr 21, 2018
If you like the game and if you want more content - don't share the new version. You will be directly messing with DavieZwey( the game developer ) livelihood - he is working full time on this project and his income is based on it. The game will become free for download in 2 weeks ( before the pandemic it was a month before public release ) - and in my opinion this is already quite generous release schedule. Also I think the last time when the game leaked he was pretty disheartened.
Absolutely spot on, Davie has quit his full time employment to work on this game and with the knock on effect the coronavirus is having on peoples incomes and finances those that can support game developers should and those that can't should wait for that short period of time for the general release

Zaraia

Nov 16, 2017
Absolutely spot on, Davie has quit his full time employment to work on this game and with the knock on effect the coronavirus is having on peoples incomes and finances those that can support game developers should and those that can't should wait for that short period of time for the general release
I'm not sure I follow the logic that those who can't should wait, if they really can't pay anyway. Surely the point of the waiting period is to convince those who CAN pay to do so. Although I don't think such convincing is needed as wanting to support a creator and see more content is motivation enough (as you can see from the fact that the creators who get the highest donations are almost never the ones who put anything behind a paywall).

Reactions: Oxiton

HenWen

Aug 8, 2017
Well I definitely do want to support Davie and I would like for the game to grow. I figure the more people playing and getting excited about the game the better. After all, leaked copies on F95 is how I found out about some great games like Healslut, Valiant Warrior Astrid, Coceter Chronicles, Project SAGE, etc., all of which I've gone on to support on Patreon. Of course not everyone will do the same. Personally I choose to donate mostly out of respect for great content, not necessarily for early releases or other rewards.

Anyway, if you think leaking the newest version a week after it's released is too soon and would harm the project then I won't do it. I just thought it'd be nice to whet everyone's appetite for HS by having the new version to play over the 4th of July weekend.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
I'm not sure I follow the logic that those who can't should wait, if they really can't pay anyway. Surely the point of the waiting period is to convince those who CAN pay to do so. Although I don't think such convincing is needed as wanting to support a creator and see more content is motivation enough (as you can see from the fact that the creators who get the highest donations are almost never the ones who put anything behind a paywall).
You are correct that the purpose of the waiting period is to convince those who won't pay to pay, not those who can't pay.

While you don't think that the delay is useful in getting patrons to pledge, Davie clearly does. Now, you can say "screw him, this is a prate site and we take no prisoners, ARRGH!" but that doesn't do anyone any good, because it demotivates the one guy who can create this wonderful game.

Dave Zwei has been a boon to this community, interacting here in spite of the fact that we aren't paying him. He's implemented suggestions that I have made even though I'm not a patron of his. I think the implicit bargain, though, is that we, in turn, refrain from taking a dump in his rice bowl.

So I would vote to respect his two-week delay, much as I want to see the next installment.

BeccaBoo

Apr 21, 2018
Well I definitely do want to support Davie and I would like for the game to grow. I figure the more people playing and getting excited about the game the better. After all, leaked copies on F95 is how I found out about some great games like Healslut, Valiant Warrior Astrid, Coceter Chronicles, Project SAGE, etc., all of which I've gone on to support on Patreon. Of course not everyone will do the same. Personally I choose to donate mostly out of respect for great content, not necessarily for early releases or other rewards.

Anyway, if you think leaking the newest version a week after it's released is too soon and would harm the project then I won't do it. I just thought it'd be nice to whet everyone's appetite for HS by having the new version to play over the 4th of July weekend.
HenWen, please don't get me wrong I would never try to stop anyone posting on this site - after all it's a pirate site and that's the general idea. It may not harm the project and I fully understand that the game devs will pick up a lot of Patreons from sites like this where people get to play the games (I am one of them).
What it does affect though is the dev, a couple of releases ago Healslut was posted within a day of it's update and I know that Davie was very down about it. When it is your whole income that you are dependent on seeing something you have worked hard on for a whole month being released for free within a day must be extremely disheartening. As was posted earlier Davie releases the game to the general populace within 2 weeks of each update which is a pretty good turnaround.
Anyway I will say no more as I don't want to upset the moderators, it is an ongoing topic for discussion and I can see both sides and the benefits and downfalls in each argument.
To finish I hope everyone has a happy 4th July, even through the pandemic we are all living through.

Zaraia

Nov 16, 2017
You are correct that the purpose of the waiting period is to convince those who won't pay to pay, not those who can't pay.

While you don't think that the delay is useful in getting patrons to pledge, Davie clearly does. Now, you can say "screw him, this is a prate site and we take no prisoners, ARRGH!" but that doesn't do anyone any good, because it demotivates the one guy who can create this wonderful game.

Dave Zwei has been a boon to this community, interacting here in spite of the fact that we aren't paying him. He's implemented suggestions that I have made even though I'm not a patron of his. I think the implicit bargain, though, is that we, in turn, refrain from taking a dump in his rice bowl.

So I would vote to respect his two-week delay, much as I want to see the next installment.
Yeah I agree with all of that. Even though I don't think the delay is useful, if Davie disagrees it's fair enough to respect that, especially given that he's active here (which I hadn't realised before since I'm fairly new to this thread).

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
What use is the holy greatsword for panki? Ive never found out
Nothing yet specifically for Panki as far as i can tell.
I'm sure it will come up again if/when you meet the succubus demon again.

It does come up as a plot device for the loot puppy/free use story but that's it.

Reactions: Lillen B.
4.30 star(s) 124 Votes