Iron209555

Aug 5, 2018
Any chances of an 'armor' item? A modifiable weapon? A weapon with two attacks? (Rifle + Grenade launcher, for example)

EmDotRand

Sep 7, 2020
How did the person who made this edit the damage value?
First open Heatwave.pck file in the text editor of your choice. Even notepad will work. EDIT: Nope. Get Notepad++ or vim or something. Notepad will break your file.
Next search for the gun you want to edit. The block you want should look something like this:
Code:
[resource]script = ExtResource( 1 )
name = "Handgun"
description = "Test pistol"
icon = "res://assets/texutres/weapon/itemicon_handgun.png"
sprite = "res://assets/texutres/weapon/weapon_handgun.png"
type = "handgun"
animation_set = "handgun"
ammo_type = "AMMO_BASIC"
sfx_shoot = "handgun"
recoil = 0.1
firerate = 2.0
16 spread = 4.0
reload_time = 1.0
damage = 20.0
force = 700.0
mag_size = 10
ammo1_max = 0
^@^@^@^@^@^@[gd_resource type="Resource" load_steps=2 format=2]
From here you can adjust the values to your liking.

Last edited:

Nexo42

Apr 9, 2019
Sure, I think that's doable. First things first though: customization for the player character - which will actually arrive fairly soon.
I think an interesting one would be buying a drone that follows you and auto shoots at enemies. If enemies won't fight it, I'd suggest either low damage, a long delay between bursts, or a time limit.

But an ally that can be attacked and raped aside from the player could be interesting, though it might mess up the AI that stand aside from the animation.

Feb 18, 2020
n
First open Heatwave.pck file in the text editor of your choice. Even notepad will work.
Next search for the gun you want to edit. The block you want should look something like this:
Code:
name = "Handgun"
type = "handgun"
ammo_type = "AMMO_BASIC"
sfx_shoot = "handgun"
recoil = 0.1
firerate = 2.0
16 spread = 4.0
reload_time = 1.0
damage = 20.0
force = 700.0
mag_size = 10
ammo1_max = 0
nice, thank you!

Update: It won't let me launch the game now, maybe because of the date of modification?

Last edited:
Reactions: FeSs101

Minishotgun

May 10, 2017
Alright. played it just now. I like it so far and will watch the development with great interest. good to see that you get to fuck the boss once you beat her, i wonder if its planned to do the same to the basic enemies too.

i really have no high expectations. i like the basic gameplay loop, thats enough for me. i'll see how it turns out and keep an eye out. but i'm glad to hear player-customization is on it's way. hope the guys get to have options for various beards, as i'm sure some of us here will probably try to re-create themselves there.

oh right, one last question, when i defeated the boss and fucked her, the text said something about target captured or something. i wonder if that means the boss would be transported to a HUB area where we could enjoy ourselves at our pace, maybe even make it so that we have a gallery/prison/whatever area where all enemies and bosses are kept when we finish a level. would be a neat idea. and make it a more interactive gallery.

CrazyMega01

Sep 26, 2022
First open Heatwave.pck file in the text editor of your choice. Even notepad will work.
Code:
name = "Handgun"
type = "handgun"
ammo_type = "AMMO_BASIC"
sfx_shoot = "handgun"
recoil = 0.1
firerate = 2.0
16 spread = 4.0
reload_time = 1.0
damage = 20.0
force = 700.0
mag_size = 10
ammo1_max = 0
yep not working , I tried tinkering with modification date and still gave me the same result , not launching , and no I didn't go above the 99 limit for dmg or magazine count

1701669366683.png

update: actually no not because of date of modification , but because it has been opened and modified by notpad (the one from windows 11 idk it somehow breaks the file apparently)

Last edited:
Reactions: FeSs101

EmDotRand

Sep 7, 2020
yep not working , I tried tinkering with modification date and still gave me the same result , not launching , and no I didn't go above the 99 limit for dmg or magazine count

View attachment 3140842

update: actually no not because of date of modification , but because it has been opened and modified by notpad (the one from windows 11 idk it somehow breaks the file apparently)
The reason the file breaks is because notepad """intelligently""" converts the various symbols in the file. Apparently this issue is old because I tried opening a simple text file created in Windows 10 using vim on my arch box and found a bunch of esoteric at the end of every line.

A_Sexual_Pan

Dec 18, 2018
Love what's going on so far, but I don't think I need to say anything that hasn't been said before. Captivity was a very solid game that I only got to partially enjoy (Mostly when no humans were present lmao) and I am very happy to see someone picking up the torch and run with it. If you want help with sound design I can offer my services.

Reactions: Dark918

scam man sidorovich

Formerly 'father valerian'
Jan 10, 2021
I don't think it's actually working did all right but still couldn't manage to make it work , yeah value unknown , I think this is not the right adress for it
alright i made a mistake then sorry bout it. i forgot to use the base value instead of the incremented value

Axis3123

Apr 1, 2020
It's a good game for what it is. I'd say 4-5 stars is fair for what we've got here
I disagree. Too little content/gameplay to warrant a full send for recommendation, but too early to testify/quantify either. I'd say those are warranted more as a "first impressions" kinda deal, no matter how good the gameplay is.

No offense on the game either, y'know? It's too easy to glance and set expectations from the shiny stars alone (I know cuz I'm one of them :ROFLMAO:), but at least these forums are mostly unbiased and are a good factor to distinguish quality from shit.

jun998

Jul 2, 2022
I disagree. Too little content/gameplay to warrant a full send for recommendation, but too early to testify/quantify either. I'd say those are warranted more as a "first impressions" kinda deal, no matter how good the gameplay is.

No offense on the game either, y'know? It's too easy to glance and set expectations from the shiny stars alone (I know cuz I'm one of them :ROFLMAO:), but at least these forums are mostly unbiased and are a good factor to distinguish quality from shit.
Fair, though I guess we all look at things differently. Just from the time I've already spent playing the demo, I've found I prefer this barebones, stripped back game over the full release of captivity, which I did pay for. Both games are absolute fire, but Heatwave doesn't make me want to rip my hair out of my skull for the difficulty.

also, my dumbass deleted my original comment before I saw your reply. didn't refresh my page and I was like "eh this is pointless." anyway, have this custom male sprite I made based on my friend's character

Reactions: Axis3123

VI16

Aug 23, 2018
Hey, Flowpix, my brother in Christ, two (9) questions:
1. Will this game have horror elements like captivity by perveloper?
2. Aren't you tired that everyone mentions captivity by perveloper when they talk about your game?
3. Are you still working on game?
4. You are only on itchio and f95 or have any other accounts?

Reactions: PootisPenser76

Flowpix

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2023
Hey, Flowpix, my brother in Christ, two (9) questions:
1. Will this game have horror elements like captivity by perveloper?
2. Aren't you tired that everyone mentions captivity by perveloper when they talk about your game?
3. Are you still working on game?
4. You are only on itchio and f95 or have any other accounts?
1. We'll see how the themes for different levels turn out.
2. I don't mind since I'm also a Captivity fan.
3. Yes.
4. That's all at the moment. Besides that I'm considering making discord server.

dr doctor

Apr 9, 2021
4. That's all at the moment. Besides that I'm considering making discord server.
This here would be a good way to consolidate updates, bug reports, suggestions (at least so people aren't blowing up the forum or game page with it), and discussion regarding your project. Couldn't hurt, especially with building a community around the game gives it that sense of l o n g e v i t y.

VI16

Aug 23, 2018
1. We'll see how the themes for different levels turn out.
2. I don't mind since I'm also a Captivity fan.
3. Yes.
got it, thanks for answering!

4.30 star(s) 19 Votes