HomelessSoul

Jul 6, 2017
Alright, game is definitely interesting and something Im going to keep an eye on in the future, but you have some serious balancing issues with it that make it just outright unfun to play currently.

1. Enemy spawns. They are WAY too frequent as it is. Having to gun down 70+ with the shitty pistol you start with before you can even get enough money to buy ANY weapon and a single pack of ammo just feels terrible. Having zero downtime between waves to buy ammo, explore the map or just catch a breather is also an issue. There absolutely needs to be a rest period between waves for the player.

2. Coins. Enemies drop too little for the prices you have things set at. The coins also do not award near enough (each coin is $10, enemies rarely drop 2 coins, the cheapest gun is $500 and an ammo pack for it is $120) Enemies either need to drop multiple coins, have the coins be worth more, reduce prices of at least the guns, or some combination of all these. Coins also despawn if not picked up. The despawn timer is a terrible idea to begin with, even if it is an okay length already.

3. Enemy movement speed and attack speed. You CANNOT put space between yourself and enemies to reload because they move at the same speed as the player. Having to dodge to give yourself a small amount of breathing room from enemies feels terrible, especially when dodging interupts reload and starts you at the beginning of the reload. Enemies also start attacking as soon as you get in range, trying to dodge through a horde is impossible because you WILL get hit and take damage. The enemies that have ranged attacks are a nice idea, but in certain sections of the map you cannot avoid taking damage because you either dodge an energy blast and get punched by an android, or vice versa.

4. Weapons either have too long a reload or dont do enough damage. The $600 rifle doesnt do enough damage to oneshot androids even when shot in the head and has a punishingly long reload for such a small magazine size. The uzi is very inaccurate to the point where I dont feel like getting it because Im wasting so many bullets and ammo is punishingly expensive or rare. And with the horde stacked on top of each other chasing you down with no escape, having zero pierce is an issue.

As it stands right now, the game is very frustrating to play, to the point of unfun. It shows a lot of promise and I do hope that it improves. It being almost a 1:1 copy of Captivity is also very hard to ignore, but I did enjoy Captivity enough to personally push that aside. Modding compatability is a HUGE positive, but having it in this early also raises a concern of "the players will mod it and fix issues" a la bethesda games.

FlippyQwQowo

Aug 4, 2022
if the game continues on dev it may be a nice looking sequel (or not) of captivity, Good luck on the develop of the game :D

kingmich

May 21, 2017
huh cant even get the game to work like its running but no pop up no screen no anything really all i can do is get task manger to end task for it pretty much odd.

Reixis

Jan 5, 2023
Seems to be a spiritual successor to Captivity, which is one of my favorite games of all time. Im glad to be here for it.

MawOfSus

Sep 5, 2022
I certainly enjoyed this more than Captivity, since the enemies here feel much more fair and you actually have decent I-frames during the roll

Melapela34

Oct 1, 2019
Many people complyning about being like Captivity. I love that game, I dont see the problem with a new one resembling to it. Congrats developer, keep it up!

Bonio100

Mar 27, 2023
Praying this game explodes upwards in development and gets a huge modding scene, customizability for every facet of the character, every fetish, etc etc

Nov 3, 2019
In the event you can't handle the developer pressure, do give up the source-code. No matter how bad it is. Ever seen Space Station 13? Space Station 13 was a piece of shit with a good idea, Captivity under the code was a piece of shit, with a good idea and taped together execution. Space Station 13 succeeded opensource, Heatwave can too. I believe you have the skill to do this, however. I believe that you can do great if you just keep going, listen to the community (but not too much!) and open up the game to modding once the gameplay loop is perfected. Just my two cents.

Mar 18, 2023
According to Perveloper themself, Captivity was an absolute disaster under the hood, and it WOULD be easier to throw everything out and start from scratch.
...So no, you couldn't just 'realign' the wheel, it was threatening to snap off at speed.
right, but they didnt give permission...and this person is charging...

• Angry
Reactions: Nub123XXD

Gadriel

Dec 15, 2017
right, but they didnt give permission...and this person is charging...
Heatwave is literally free on Itch.io. You can download it from there, for free, right now.
What causes people to say things so wrong, so boldly?
...Also, this is the indie scene, ideas are not sold here. Perveloper ceased development, so someone else is taking their shot at the concept.
...Plus, you know. F95. We really don't care about permission.

X-ecutor

Oct 22, 2018
gonna need some actual sex instead of being sat on and cock torture
agree...or I mentioned above that customizable animations can be great. I dont know how hard is it to implement but it can be nice so everyone can enjoy their fetishes :p

Zend

Sep 1, 2017
agree...or I mentioned above that customizable animations can be great. I dont know how hard is it to implement but it can be nice so everyone can enjoy their fetishes :p
yea toggleable fetishes is definitely a way for everyone to enjoy something, though the enemies would require extra animations to lean to multiple fetishes so you dont end up with enemies that dont have an animation if some fetishes are toggled off which is more work for the dev

Nub123XXD

Mar 15, 2018
---slice---
Im sorry if this sounds elitist and/or snobby but im not sure we are playing the same game/version(ver 0.12.2 is the one i played)

1. Enemy spawns. They are WAY too frequent as it is. Having to gun down 70+ with the shitty pistol you start with before you can even get enough money to buy ANY weapon and a single pack of ammo just feels terrible. Having zero downtime between waves to buy ammo, explore the map or just catch a breather is also an issue. There absolutely needs to be a rest period between waves for the player.
2. Coins. Enemies drop too little for the prices you have things set at. The coins also do not award near enough. Coins also despawn if not picked up. The despawn timer is a terrible idea to begin with, even if it is an okay length already.
I do agree with these, however.

3. Enemy movement speed and attack speed. You CANNOT put space between yourself and enemies to reload because they move at the same speed as the player. Having to dodge to give yourself a small amount of breathing room from enemies feels terrible, especially when dodging interupts reload and starts you at the beginning of the reload.
The enemies that have ranged attacks are a nice idea, but in certain sections of the map you cannot avoid taking damage because you either dodge an energy blast and get punched by an android, or vice versa.
Because the H*ydees(white bots) move at the SAME SPEED as you are, with the dodge you will have space between yourself and the melee bots because there is 0 distance gained by the bots assuming you walk "forward" (facing the direction you move) and the dodge itself already made distance. and you can jump to the platform to avoid the blasts (though i agree upward shooting blasts suck)

trying to dodge through a horde is impossible because you WILL get hit and take damage.
Unless you keep going back and forth creating tons of clusters instead of one big clumps of bots, you can always dodge the melees(and with timing the range blasts too) you have 3 dodges back to back at max stamina and the recharge while a bit slow, it is sort of fair.

The $600 rifle doesnt do enough damage to oneshot androids even when shot in the head
This is just not true, ive only played until wave 22. but assuming they do not have any scaling, health nor speed, it is always a oneshot to the head for both types of enemies.

As it stands right now, the game is very frustrating to play, to the point of unfun. It shows a lot of promise and I do hope that it improves. It being almost a 1:1 copy of Captivity is also very hard to ignore, but I did enjoy Captivity enough to personally push that aside. Modding compatability is a HUGE positive, but having it in this early also raises a concern of "the players will mod it and fix issues" a la bethesda games.
I dont see being "Captivity copy with less extreme fetishes" being a bad thing (personally what keeps me off captivity is just that,extreme fetishes and preferring the dick haver to NOT have control. though FER stage is an exception to an extent(fuck you jacky) )

Having an early modding compatibility is insanely good because this is not your standard game store/catalog where you give 5 bucks to some rando dev to get a product (its f95 baby). its a place where the dev can get feedbacks and build on it, even get some ideas for the future. and even if the player mods and fix issues, for indie and (i think this is the correct term) underground scenes its not a bad thing. sure patreon/supporters might feel cheated but for standard folk that lurks and gets stuff for free (definetly not me heh) its still a net positive (i salute all of you supporters/patreoners that gives us info and free stuff)

4.30 star(s) 19 Votes