Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
I'm stuck. I can't talk with Annie in the engine room the first time per the walkthrough. I interrupt her but she just says, yes, then MC says nothing, nevermind. I've gone to all the rooms except the flight deck, but can't progress any further.
That's odd. Is this the first time you play the game? If not, are you sure you haven't overwritten anything?

TommyTuba

Engaged Member
Aug 2, 2017
That's odd. Is this the first time you play the game? If not, are you sure you haven't overwritten anything?
No. I opened up an old save and it went immediately to a script error page, so I clicked on skip and the game opened up fine. I just got stuck not being able to talk with Annie.

I used unrenpy. Do you think that might have done it? Maybe I should try starting a new game, instead of starting from a save.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Maybe I should try starting a new game, instead of starting from a save.
Talking to Annie in the engine room is located in the middle of the first chapter so, unless you quit the game mid-play the last time, it's a pre-remaster save. Therefore, it's a surprise that it ended working, but the variables aren't at their default values, which mess with your current play.
I suspect that, from the point of view of the game with this save, you can't talk to Annie because you've already said everything you can to her.

So yes, not using a save and starting a straight game should solve your problem.

Reactions: Akamari

TommyTuba

Engaged Member
Aug 2, 2017
Talking to Annie in the engine room is located in the middle of the first chapter so, unless you quit the game mid-play the last time, it's a pre-remaster save. Therefore, it's a surprise that it ended working, but the variables aren't at their default values, which mess with your current play.
I suspect that, from the point of view of the game with this save, you can't talk to Annie because you've already said everything you can to her.

So yes, not using a save and starting a straight game should solve your problem.
Ah, I see. Thanks!

NeimadFR

Donor
Jul 1, 2017
Question pls: I've just found this game. [Thanks Belle!] As a guy who doesn't mind playing a female MC; is there an opinion as to whether its better to play the game as male or female?
I don't think there is an inherently "better" way to play the game, both genders are interesting to play and I would suggest giving them both a go to see what you like

Reactions: Akamari

KrystofDayne

Donor
Dec 9, 2019
Lol I just finished the first chapter (remastered) and was coming back here to comment on my hope that the next content in remastered form would be out soon, and then I look at the thread, and it has been updated to chapter 2 :ROFLMAO:

That was very precise timing indeed.... What do you guys think though, should I always wait for the remastered version or just play until the end of the available content?

Btw, love the game so far, shout-out to Belle, who recommended this game on their Patreon site, loving it so far ;)

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Lol I just finished the first chapter (remastered) and was coming back here to comment on my hope that the next content in remastered form would be out soon, and then I look at the thread, and it has been updated to chapter 2 :ROFLMAO:

That was very precise timing indeed.... What do you guys think though, should I always wait for the remastered version or just play until the end of the available content?

Btw, love the game so far, shout-out to Belle, who recommended this game on their Patreon site, loving it so far ;)
The main link with chapter 2 is the remastered version, you can decide to download the "chapter 3 v1.2" too if you want, but you should know beforehand that this is something more like a demo version of the game and will be greatly enhanced when the remastered chapter 3 is out.

Reactions: TheDevian

NeimadFR

Donor
Jul 1, 2017

As someone who started playing the game with the remaster as well, I'd suggest waiting for Ch.3 remastered. It is after all what the dev recommend.

ubblesnop

Sep 1, 2018
I'm stuck. I can't talk with Annie in the engine room the first time per the walkthrough. I interrupt her but she just says, yes, then MC says nothing, nevermind. I've gone to all the rooms except the flight deck, but can't progress any further.
Same here.
I've played this before in the earlier version and did not get stuck here, which leads me to believe that this is a bug. There seems to be no way to trigger anything.

NeimadFR

Donor
Jul 1, 2017
Same here.
I've played this before in the earlier version and did not get stuck here, which leads me to believe that this is a bug. There seems to be no way to trigger anything.
I f you and/or TommyTuba could share your save I can give it to Notty to try and see what the issue is.
Also, try starting a new game to see if you can replicate the results.

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes