Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
Let's put it that way, imagine you build a house, imagine you realize a third of the way through it you could have done a much better job, would you build the rest of the house on sub par foundations or would you want it to be the best it can be and start over despite the inconvenience ?
That's a flawed comparison, with a bad foundation everything can go down, but this is more like a cosmetic thing where you repaint your house and for the last room you don't have enough paint and you need to either wait a considerable amount of time or use a different color.

Those few months of nothing have been filled with a ton of unenjoyable work improving almost all aspects of the game (mostly visuals, but also new features and content). Most of the groundwork (like setting and testing all the planned locations in the entire game for example) is done and the production should pick up the pace.

If you want some insight on what has been going on, there is a lengthy about it.

I understand your skepticism though, so perhaps check when the next Chapter is released (which by the way will be twice as big content-wise as the original thanks to better hardware, and much better looking) and see for yourself if it's reasonable. :)
That's ok, but then it's at least poor planning. Of course nobody is perfect, especially with the first project, but if it was me I'd introduce one or more new functions with a story update instead of just borings stuff and on top of that reworking the whole game. I'm not sure what the roadmap says about the coming months, but since it's only chapter 1 the others should get a makeover as well, right? Then it's more of nothing new for the next "updates".

In the end it's just my opinion and I don't support this project (that's one of the reasons why btw - no updates on a consistent schedule and sudden "I need to start over again" urges).

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
I'm just curious about the file name. It should be HeavyFive-1RC-pc\HeavyFive.exe

Not really sure what that is there, unless someone bunged together an auto-unzip archive?
They're not extracting the new version but the first 3 chapters and that's mostly correct outside of the absurd string of numbers at the end.

But again, it's now 2020 and people still use McAffee....I'm dumbfounded, it's bad and it's been bad since '95. Stop.

Reactions: Oddball2k

chileflameado

Apr 16, 2017
Hey guys just downloaded the game for the first time. I'm liking it a lot but I think I'm a little lost.
How do you get to chapter 2?

Bobber Tail

Nov 28, 2017
I'm just curious about the file name. It should be HeavyFive-1RC-pc\HeavyFive.exe

Not really sure what that is there, unless someone bunged together an auto-unzip archive?
It deleted the entire EXE for Ch 3, this just happened and the McAfee link was general. Still, out of thousands of games on all platforms this has only happened to a handful of games from this site, Odds point to trust. I did open Ch 1 remake and it was unmemorable. Now, I just move on to the thousands of games I have 0 issues with. Good Luck with things.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
That's ok, but then it's at least poor planning.
On the contrary, it's actually good planning because it will pay off in the long run.

Of course nobody is perfect, especially with the first project, but if it was me I'd introduce one or more new functions with a story update instead of just borings stuff and on top of that reworking the whole game. I'm not sure what the roadmap says about the coming months, but since it's only chapter 1 the others should get a makeover as well, right? Then it's more of nothing new for the next "updates".
There is some new content (plus all the renders look massively better, plus animations) in all of the remastered Chapters. This one and two more upcoming. If that is not good enough for you, you're welcome to come back when Chapter Four is released, or later. Up to you.

In the end it's just my opinion and I don't support this project (that's one of the reasons why btw - no updates on a consistent schedule and sudden "I need to start over again" urges).
That's your choice, of course. It won't change anything however. Perhaps it will be more up to your liking in the future.

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
It will happen yes, but this is a realistic game, you just met these people; it's not going to happen straight away. :)
Eh....
I wouldn't say realistic in a sci-fi setting. It defintely has moments that stretch the bounds of realism, like atmospheric re-entry with the landing gear still out. Technically that would cause so much added heat stress that the spacecraft would disentigrate upon entry. There's other problems that come up in future chapters as well.

But if you want to argue that the realism is with relationship building then maybe. There's some people who are less inhibited when it comes to sex than others and i'm sure that will be explored in later chapters.

Last edited:

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Eh....
I wouldn't say realistic in a sci-fi setting. It defintely has moments that stretch the bounds of realism, like atmospheric re-entry with the landing gear still up. Technically that would cause so much added heat stress that the spacecraft would disentigrate upon entry. There's other problems that come up in future chapters as well.
What? Landing gear should be up (retracted). You can see it animated even after the launch. Deployed landing gear would do what you describe.

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
What? Landing gear should be up (retracted). You can see it animated even after the launch. Deployed landing gear would do what you describe.
It's not up when you re-enter though that's part of the added drama and why you're offered the choice to go out there and fix it before you re-enter.
I see what you're saying poor word choice, i should have said out.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
It's not up when you re-enter though that's part of the added drama and why you're offered the choice to go out there and fix it before you re-enter.
I see what you're saying poor word choice, i should have said out.
Oh! You mean the air brake!

Well, that's why the stripping happens. Because the heat shield is compromised due to the air brake being extended the temperature goes up. At that point it's up to the pilot to fly the craft and keep it steady in such an angle of attack that wouldn't cause it to go past the critical values.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
ZTex Also, this is indeed a sci-fi, so just like there are faster than light propulsion systems, so it can be assumed the heat protection is improved compared what current spacecraft have.

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
ZTex Also, this is indeed a sci-fi, so just like there are faster than light propulsion systems, so it can be assumed the heat protection is improved compared what current spacecraft have.
I mean i did say it's sci-fi so realism isn't something we should attribute to it as a whole.
FTL travel is something that's thus far in the realms of fiction.

There's also the issue with the base on the surface of that planet ? Sattilite ? I don't exactly recall what it is.
But the Sci-Fi is where i don't mind it stretching credulity. If i did, i wouldn't be a sci-fi fan.

The realism i believe that was trying to be said was strictly about relationships.

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes