slider

Jul 14, 2017
Now that I've finally had the opportunity to play with the four combinations of sexes and races that came with the remaster, I’m happy to say that I think this is a really wonderful addition to the game and a feature that helped me to engage with more of its content.

Up until now, as much as I like Heavy Five and was looking forward learning more from its interesting characters and rich plot, I found myself somewhat reticent to explore all the ever-expanding paths and event combinations because it didn’t feel right to me to restart the game over and over, constantly changing personalities and not being sure what had happened to which save file anymore.

With the new character customization feature, I finally feel perfectly comfortable attacking the game with four different character archetypes and exploring the different romances and paths in a more organic way. I know and remember how each character acts, what they want and what they did.

Of course, there are even more advantages to the new character creation system.

Even though Heavy Five doesn’t rush the adult content and that in the first chapter you can’t go much beyond explicit flirting, choosing either sex for the MC already presents noticeable differences in how each romance option plays out and what approaches you get to choose. At no moment I felt like the ship’s girls were adapting their personality and sexuality to fit MC’s; you meet the same person regardless of MC’s sex and they have to be carefully worked on taking in consideration their sexuality and preferences in order to stand a chance with them.

Race on the other hand doesn’t seem to have much of an impact to the girls’ attitude toward the MC at all. Maybe in future chapters were new characters appear and sex scenes start to happen we’ll see race having some sort or relevance, but I would find it surprising if many characters care about skin color.

Then again, regardless of the new options and variations that come with different sexes and races, my experience is that creating four distinct characters with unique personalities is much better than simply keeping several playthroughs. It makes me enjoy even more facets of this complex game and also added significant replayability to it, easing up the wait between updates.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
So here's a quick question. IS the only way to get to go outside Heavy Five and fix the brake is to choose the path that lets Chris be dominate over the MC? I just ran through Chapt. 1 quickly and was surprised to find when I got to the bridge (being just a straight looie) that there was no choice. Chris was going to land the ship. What do I gotta do to fix the brake?

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
So here's a quick question. IS the only way to get to go outside Heavy Five and fix the brake is to choose the path that lets Chris be dominate over the MC? I just ran through Chapt. 1 quickly and was surprised to find when I got to the bridge (being just a straight looie) that there was no choice. Chris was going to land the ship. What do I gotta do to fix the brake?
No, you just need a bit of willpower. If you cannot resist temptation, she figures you need training.

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
HOw do you get will power if the choice to choose does not come up? What'd I miss? Was it that I didn't take her up on her offer to beat the sh*t out of me? :)

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
HOw do you get will power if the choice to choose does not come up? What'd I miss? Was it that I didn't take her up on her offer to beat the sh*t out of me? :)
When she presents her tits before the spacewalk, don't grab them. IIRC, that is the trigger for the femdom path with her.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Chris will give you choice in the matter only if she respects you enough. Her ship, her call.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Oh and you don't need to take her offer to spar. You can get her respect by being mission focused and for example demand some answers (possibly important to the mission) when she refuses to give them.

Dripping

Feb 16, 2019
And whatever you do, don't complain about her crew! I have a strong hunch that that specific conversation topic is key to whether you get the option for self control. Her crew, her rules. Remember that the two of you are of equal rank, but, that you're only a passenger. When the Vanny started acting up, she wasn't obliged to invite you to the bridge. She could've decided whatever and briefed you on the "turbulences" after. Or told either Annie or Sarah to brief you. Or even, to not inform you at all!

MC is not in any position to criticize how she runs her ship, or if he does have any critique, he should file an official report on it.

Mind you, Notty is British, and British military law is structured hierarchically. An officer from Regiment A cannot demote a sergeant from Regiment B in the British military, not even when said sergeant explicitly gives him the finger. The officer will have to report such a thing up the hierarchy, until it reaches the point where the branches of Regiment A and Regiment B come together, and from that point, whoever is in that position, is the one who gets to decide on a course of action and work his orders down the correct branch again.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
And whatever you do, don't complain about her crew! I have a strong hunch that that specific conversation topic is key to whether you get the option for self control. Her crew, her rules. Remember that the two of you are of equal rank, but, that you're only a passenger. When the Vanny started acting up, she wasn't obliged to invite you to the bridge. She could've decided whatever and briefed you on the "turbulences" after. Or told either Annie or Sarah to brief you. Or even, to not inform you at all!

MC is not in any position to criticize how she runs her ship, or if he does have any critique, he should file an official report on it.

Mind you, Notty is British, and British military law is structured hierarchically. An officer from Regiment A cannot demote a sergeant from Regiment B in the British military, not even when said sergeant explicitly gives him the finger. The officer will have to report such a thing up the hierarchy, until it reaches the point where the branches of Regiment A and Regiment B come together, and from that point, whoever is in that position, is the one who gets to decide on a course of action and work his orders down the correct branch again.
True though of course it is possible to have a little quiet tactful conversation under 4 eyes if you are concerned, that will not be always appreciated though. :p

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Fix the brake is only available for the male MC, the female MC is too small for the suit.

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes