reiterhaniwa

Apr 16, 2019
bas wins again!

Dude, you're ridiculous AND you're gonna get banned again. Aren't you tired?
What do people gain from their labours?
Facepalms come and facepalms go, but the thread abideth forever.

I'm just hoping she's ok as the UK is getting into the thick of it now.
Agreed. But if there was ever a good reason to stay inside and work on your opus... not that Notty needs an excuse, but still :p

reiterhaniwa

Apr 16, 2019
Looks like Notty might be a little stuck at redesigning the decent looking plant control screen, if anyone might have something that could work, feel free to share it. :)
What about something like this? I think it's got the retro-informed, dependable safety-first aesthetic the Ophion initiative is really going for.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

NeimadFR

Donor
Jul 1, 2017
I realized something today, all it took to get rid of the pest plaguing our thread was for me and Huitty to ignore him and talk about him without him being able to reply so he resorted to reporting us for no viable reason, it really proves that the best policy with trolls is to ignore them :D

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
What about something like this? I think it's got the retro-informed, dependable safety-first aesthetic the Ophion initiative is really going for.

Thanks, I am afraid she will need something a bit more schematic though, but looks like she made some progress she is happy with.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Looks like Notty might be a little stuck at redesigning the decent looking plant control screen, if anyone might have something that could work, feel free to share it. :)
Let her know that if there are any set pieces she needs, if you can get me a pic of something close, I might be able to make it. Doing a whole room is more than I have time for right now, but I am always happy to design a few more things for her.

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
Let her know that if there are any set pieces she needs, if you can get me a pic of something close, I might be able to make it. Doing a whole room is more than I have time for right now, but I am always happy to design a few more things for her.
It looks like she's finalised her design tonight, but I'm sure she'll be happy of the offer :)

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

Donor
Jun 21, 2017
From Notty:
Nottravis said:
Ah right! Give him my thanks, but I think I'll settle for what we have now.

Also tell him to get his lazy arse over here from time to time! I miss him.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
From Notty:
Thanks, you know I am always happy to lend a hand when she needs something (or any of you really. lol).
On the up side, I am almost done with my script's rough draft, so I am hoping to have more free time soon. Though I will still have a lot of set building and learning to code to do after that, but the art at least takes a lot less focus than writing. XD

Hope everyone is staying safe!

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Geez, I popped into here to see if it had caught back up and read the cacophony of woe which had befallen her which she's appeared to have take pretty hard. My sincere sympathies.

At any rate, reading about it caused me to miss it even more and reconsider my intention to wait until it had been redone completely but as I recall the first chapter was mainly the introductions, the merciless teasing by the (lovely!) little blonde fuckup and the technical problem the MC had to fix or delegate to the ranking officer. I saw something backthread which suggested there was additional content, how much of that is there? As I sit here typing I see a sig advertisement flashing some fifteen characters, some of which I don't seem to recognize, have any new characters been added?

This was already one of the very best written games on the site which looked great as I recall, how much better could it have gotten?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: TheDevian

NeimadFR

Donor
Jul 1, 2017
Geez, I popped into here to see if it had caught back up and read the cacophony of woe which had befallen her which she's appeared to have take pretty hard. My sincere sympathies.

At any rate, reading about it caused me to miss it even more and reconsider my intention to wait until it had been redone completely but as I recall the first chapter was mainly the introductions, the merciless teasing by the (lovely!) little blonde fuckup and the technical problem the MC had to fix or delegate to the ranking officer. I saw something backthread which suggested there was additional content, how much of that is there? As I sit here typing I see a sig advertisement flashing some fifteen characters, some of which I don't seem to recognize, have any new characters been added?

This was already one of the very best written games on the site which looked great as I recall, how much better could it have gotten?
I went and asked Notty on her forum about the amount of additional content compared to the original Ch2 and here is what she had to say

Nottravis said:
Compared to the original Chapter Two?

Depends on the metric but I suppose the most in your face one is render count? So that's @ 4,500 vs 402.

By scenes...um..well a lot of scenes vary. So, for example, drinks with Annie which was one scene previously is now seven different ones depending on choices etc and of course we now have a pile of locations and free-roam we never had before.

My guess would be about three to four times as big content wise. I know my initial playtester spent the best part of a day playing it so make of that what you will. Oh, and that's before we have content variation depending on race and gender...oh and let's not forget the hidden content and...I dunno. Bigger. Much.

More importantly tho is everything is much better quality graphically. The renders pop, there are eleven animations, the writing is better, it's funnier, sexier and - for those who like plot - plottier. It's just better all round, I suppose?

abagel

Apr 27, 2018
Finally got around to downloading the remaster, had this in my downloaded games for a while and never opened it. And I'm absolutely in love. Like the deep lore, the intense yet tongue-in-cheek situations and story, likeable characters. Was very tempted to play through the 3 chapters now, because I'm hooked, but making myself wait for remasters.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Finally got around to downloading the remaster, had this in my downloaded games for a while and never opened it. And I'm absolutely in love. Like the deep lore, the intense yet tongue-in-cheek situations and story, likeable characters. Was very tempted to play through the 3 chapters now, because I'm hooked, but making myself wait for remasters.
Good choice likely, though the old ones have their own charm. I see some testers above found it hard to contain their excitement, guess would call that good news. :p

abagel

Apr 27, 2018
Good choice likely, though the old ones have their own charm. I see some testers above found it hard to contain their excitement, guess would call that good news. :p
It's definitely more of a selfish choice lol. I don't know if I could wait the time until chapter 4 releases if I play through all of it now.

Reactions: DA22 and Akamari

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

Donor
Jun 21, 2017
It's definitely more of a selfish choice lol. I don't know if I could wait the time until chapter 4 releases if I play through all of it now.
CH2 Remastered is around 10x the size of the original CH2 (in terms of renders and code)*
Stuff that was originally removed due to system limitations has been re-introduced and new stuff added.

*Your playthrough will vary depending on choices you make :)

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 64 Votes