reiterhaniwa

Apr 16, 2019
Added forum link to the OP, no idea how it works with a no sexual/obscene content rule, but I guess it's open for everyone.
Is there a rule that says all points of contact need to be listed in the opening post, now? I would have thought the Patreon sufficient considering, you know, that's for the actual game development.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Is there a rule that says all points of contact need to be listed in the opening post, now? I would have thought the Patreon sufficient considering, you know, that's for the actual game development.
No worries the forum is not secret and also not intended to be such, we shared the link before. The no sexual content has more to do with external sexual content and not Notty's own work.

Reactions: reiterhaniwa

reiterhaniwa

Apr 16, 2019
No worries the forum is not secret and also not intended to be such, we shared the link before. The no sexual content has more to do with external sexual content and not Notty's own work.
I'm merely chiding our good moderator - gently chiding, I should clarify - for doing something that, while not explicitly forbidden by the rules, is not explicitly included in them either.
No worries here, I'm more bemused than anything. :)

Last edited:

reiterhaniwa

Apr 16, 2019
I'm still amazed at how this game managed to get to 1,000+ pages (in a good way btw). :D
That's the beauty of the forum as a place for discussion, right? There's nothing else like it.
Not that I'm knocking some of the other topics with more frequent, ah, technical questions, but I like this thread.

interesting topics of conversation
Your post has been marked off-topic and has been deleted
You're right about the underlying excellence of the game. I think the pacing and especially the overall structure of the game really help in that regard; plenty of interesting characters with enough time to get the player invested in them, and there's enough divergence in scenes/paths already to reward different playthroughs and different choices, a lot of cool little details and differences to find. A cool setting, and there's plenty to speculate on.

And now we have the remaster to celebrate/salivate over!

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017

Nottravis said:
Hi all,

Just a quick note this time to advise it's started it's testing. It's with my primary tester now and once they've done their checks it's over to the boys to see what they make of it.

A quick note on my testing process. I have a two tier process now, given my aversion to putting out stuff that is wonky and, although it was a bitch to get through, it worked pretty well in terms of assuring the quality of the remastered Chapter One.

My primary tester is really there as a "Jiminy cricket" type conscience. She's my sense check on the content generally (plus she has an old machine so if it works on hers, it will work on anyones). Then I have four other testers who let rip generally, both in terms of graphical checks, seeing if it breaks etc etc.

Anyhoo! Stay safe and we're looking good :)

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Post from Notty on her forum after first tester went through it, overall good news, but sounds like she will have to do some extra work still before ready for testing round 2. :)

by » Today, 19:37

Right...

Bad stuff:

*We have a few bugs (boo)
*There is an inconsistency in the treatment of maps and screens for searching. Sometimes I do it one way, sometimes another which is confusing
*The screen of wank needs redoing (as do the renders where it can be seen in the background)
*Trisha's top to change
*Minor tweaks to some animation frames
*Clues and hints need chopping around and sorting out for display purposes

Middle stuff:

*It's big. Perhaps too big for an update..."No wonder your PC committed suicide"
*The one puzzle in the game was both too hard to find and too easy to solve...
*It could do with a skip time button in case you don't want to free roam
*Becca needs to explain things better
*It's a bit intimidating
*It's frustrating in making her choose things. She wants to do them all in one go.

Good stuff:

*It's good!
*Some of the new plot stuff was surprising
*She's now paranoid
*It's funny
*It's sexy
*Sarah is a perv - and adorable
*New stuff with Trisha is...good
:)

*It looks great

I'll get cracking on sorting them out. The hardest one will be the screen of wank, so I'll do that one first.

Edit from Notty:
The "screen of wank" refers to the plant controls screen which doesn't look as good as it could in case any of you were wondering :)

Last edited:

NeimadFR

Donor
Jul 1, 2017
You're right, to the ignore list it goes. I just want potential new users to know that this guy has a personal vendetta with the dev and he should be ignored.
I believe is actions will speak for themselves and anyone foolish enough to go along with his hateful comments when there is plenty of nice comments lack the intelligence to play the game anyway :p
Also he couldn't have chosen a worse timing to talk about inactivity when the 2 previous posts are copy paste of Notty's progress from Patreon and her forum :FacePalm:

tontoman

May 4, 2017
You're right, to the ignore list it goes. I just want potential new users to know that this guy has a personal vendetta with the dev and he should be ignored.
I pity the guy. You've got literally hundreds of games to look through and try here, and he's got nothing better to do than troll a thread instead. Kind of pathetic.

I'm just hoping she's ok as the UK is getting into the thick of it now.

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes