Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
could there be a switch to disable becca if you're trying to speedrun back to the new content after needing to make a change at the very start?

• Sad
Reactions: Huitieme

NeimadFR

Donor
Jul 1, 2017
could there be a switch to disable becca if you're trying to speedrun back to the new content after needing to make a change at the very start?
Just tell her you want to skip the tutorials and FAQ, it doesn't lose much time ;)

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
Hold "ctrl" button. Not a disable, but you can blitz through anything you've seen, and yeah skip tutorials. :)
Yeah I know all about tab and control, it's just when you're skipping for the third time in 10 minutes it gets a tad annoying. Even though I enjoy Becca and her jokes usually.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Thanks, but I disagree as I consider this to be a possessive case. :)

Ofc the treatment of possessive's varies hugely. The Chicago Manual of Style, The Associated Press style and The Oxford University Style Guide all differ on this matter so matter which way I did it - it would be incorrect to someone. :)
Nope, AFAIK, 'its' is always possessive and 'it's' is always 'it is' ...at least that is how every editor and teacher I ever had explained it. As a dyslexic, make those mistakes a lot, so I can't tell you how many times I got bitched out for that one.

Dripping

Feb 16, 2019
Nope, AFAIK, 'its' is always possessive and 'it's' is always 'it is' ...at least that is how every editor and teacher I ever had explained it. As a dyslexic, make those mistakes a lot, so I can't tell you how many times I got bitched out for that one.
Totally what I learned as well. But, it's also something you'll see done the wrong way around in every single newspaper you buy.
I blame autocorrect for many people having forgotten the distinction.

If you also remember the rules for using "accent grave" and "accent acute" for adding emphasize on syllables (rarely used in English, fairly common in French and Dutch), then almost every use in modern newspapers and advertisements will make your eyes bleed.

Reactions: TheDevian

Dripping

Feb 16, 2019
Perhaps she's secretly immortal. Miriam webster says the apostrophe as a possesive was used through the 17th century
Hmmm, but in that case, was the apostrophe placed before or behind the "s"? I'm pretty sure, that when it's required in the possessive sense, that the apostrophe would be placed behind the s. (It's something specifically to do with the letter s, as far as I recall)

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes