Guyin Cognito

Gentleman Pervert
Donor
Feb 23, 2018
Re-thinking/re-organizing my saves in preparation to start H5 from the top. I clearly missed a few things, and I want to take a more "playing detective" view of things (wasn't ready for so much intrigue!). One very "important" question I have is: can I play VR and CoC with Sarah in the same playthrough? From what I recall, I only got one or the other on previous runs.

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
Re-thinking/re-organizing my saves in preparation to start H5 from the top. I clearly missed a few things, and I want to take a more "playing detective" view of things (wasn't ready for so much intrigue!). One very "important" question I have is: can I play VR and CoC with Sarah in the same playthrough? From what I recall, I only got one or the other on previous runs.
Yes, I believe you can, don't forget there is more than one day ;)

Reactions: Nottravis

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
You can try one and then go for the other, but I believe you'll have to make a choice at some point. I'll be surprised if you can play the whole CoC plot and VR game in the same playthrough.

Guyin Cognito

Gentleman Pervert
Donor
Feb 23, 2018
You can try one and then go for the other, but I believe you'll have to make a choice at some point. I'll be surprised if you can play the whole CoC plot and VR game in the same playthrough.
I am very impressed by this game, and Notty's dedication of purpose in its design. I have to admit, though, I have a very love/hate relationship with all these paths. One way or another, eventually, I will explore everything this game has to offer!
(137 years later)
Guyin: ... I did it. I finally found everything there is to be seen in Heavy 5.
Notty: So, what did you think of the beep beep?
Guyin: ... damnit ...

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
*peeks in briefly*

I have to admit, though, I have a very love/hate relationship with all these paths.
Choices should matter, no? :)

Up to the end of Three you can bounce around between the two of them in various ways and if you tell Sarah you don't like what you've just played she'll -usually- offer you the chance to play the other.

But at the end of Three you are path locked. Partly due to practicalities on my end but also Sarah really wants to do one or the other herself and so SL wise stops offering you the choice.

Both paths do open pure romance options. As indeed does doing neither path as well..... *is a complex little dev*. VR ofc also opens up a whole smutfest for those who like that sort of thing...

NB. There is no single romance path with any character in H5.

Guyin Cognito

Gentleman Pervert
Donor
Feb 23, 2018
NB. There is no single romance path with any character in H5.
It took me a minute to fix my understanding of that statement. You're saying there's more than one path to romance for each character, and not that it's impossible to avoid romance with multiple people, right? (enforcing harems would be a little weird. Not bad, exactly, but odd.)

Reactions: Lillen B.

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
It took me a minute to fix my understanding of that statement. You're saying there's more than one path to romance for each character, and not that it's impossible to avoid romance with multiple people, right? (enforcing harems would be a little weird. Not bad, exactly, but odd.)
What our Nottiness means is that there will always be more than one path to someone's heart in H5 :) For Sarah, either you woo her via VR or via CoC, but even if you play none of these, you can still open her legs heart!

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
If you thought peace would last... you were wrong. Waifu Wars erupted again! Join us in Notty's forum to vote for your favourites in an elimination tournament! Only one waifu can be the champion!

Currently in the fighting pits:

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes