SecretSal

Aug 25, 2016
WEBP supports alpha layer transparency and is supported by Renpy, that should be a painless switch from PNG if she wants to crunch the file size. I think 'What a Hero!' uses WEBP for their small image overlays, and that's a game that doesn't skimp on looks at all.

Reactions: BartPS

BartPS

Oct 21, 2020
WEBP supports alpha layer transparency and is supported by Renpy, that should be a painless switch from PNG if she wants to crunch the file size. I think 'What a Hero!' uses WEBP for their small image overlays, and that's a game that doesn't skimp on looks at all.
Yes - I haven't tried WebP but I've tried rendering video to WebM with "Perceptually Lossless" encoding and was very impressed with both quality and file-size.

Reactions: SecretSal

SecretSal

Aug 25, 2016
Yes - I haven't tried WebP but I've tried rendering video to WebM with "Perceptually Lossless" encoding and was very impressed with both quality and file-size.
Oh yeah, for some reason I can't get an MP4 to display in Renpy, but WebM works fine. Only problem is I have to convert the videos one by one since I can't find a decent batch converter that doesn't ask me to perform command line shenanigans. What do you use to render to WebM, btw?

swag

Aug 27, 2016
That's a thicc download, awesome! Keep up the great work!

Anyone know if there's been any update to the rock paper scissors game with chapter 4?

jan.spam

Mar 30, 2018
This game is a huge reemagination of one mortal kombat arcade I used to play as a kid.

It took forever and many coins lost just to get the hang of the buttons and moves.

The difference is the total reverse deux ex machina Chris is in this game.

Like in mortal kombat, you play to win - get a babe to be with you.

Now, different to mortal kombat, Chris is shuehorned in your fatality scene,
just to mess it up and say ”Ha! Ha! Your play is pointless, all babes are 4 Chris”

That is the only explanation for the fact that even as obama abolished the
” do not ask, do not tell” scheme of punishing military personanel for the act of
becoming friends outside of work, dev went even further and imposed on MC the asshole of all assholes in your free time, in your private quarters,
day and night, screwing any crumble of life you could have 4 yourself.

All the while that asshat gets to wear fancy dresses, fancy shoes,
fancy jewelry and treat you like dirt before and after her parties.

So no, this is not nice, it is a reverse deus ex machina, a delusional
reenactment of one arcade game where you cannot win,
because your goal is not fatality, it is to make friends,
so once you manage to get close to someone and seal the deal,
while being off the damn ship, away from the asshat boss, off the working hours,
to have the dev still mess you up, just because it is what it is, that is not cool at all.

This is from MC pespective. MC has a boss who is not his superior,
but dev makes that vilain behave like it all the time.

MC has to hear all about getting into babes pants from his supposed superior,
but dev sticks the asshole in your face acting all holy like: Do not bang the babes!

Seriously?

So yeah, being MC in this game is a hopeless uphill battle where nothing is gained.
Getting scraps like a pointless VR game with rape and murder,
a bang with a skank who blackmails MC into it or MC becoming the pet of Chris.

No thank you, MC would just ditch all these assholes and jump ship. Any ship.

I want to see the ”wreck it ralph” version where MC gets his revenge.
Becoming Neo and fucking all of them might be too much to ask even.
err, is this satire, or... mushrooms?

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Oh yeah, for some reason I can't get an MP4 to display in Renpy, but WebM works fine. Only problem is I have to convert the videos one by one since I can't find a decent batch converter that doesn't ask me to perform command line shenanigans. What do you use to render to WebM, btw?
Odds are that you are missing the codec, try getting the k-lite codec pack.

Reactions: SecretSal

TLBRF

Jun 19, 2018
Okay, fine...I give up...literally. I've done/played every possible way to have my way with Trish through the mines but with no luck. I mean, how hard could it be to secure "that"? Chose all the red conversations and played in her favor every chance I could find. Still, whenever I finish the mine the whole thing ends by her saying "Let's get out of here [etc]" ...

Guyin Cognito

Gentleman Pervert
Donor
Feb 23, 2018
Okay, fine...I give up...literally. I've done/played every possible way to have my way with Trish through the mines but with no luck. I mean, how hard could it be to secure "that"? Chose all the red conversations and played in her favor every chance I could find. Still, whenever I finish the mine the whole thing ends by her saying "Let's get out of here [etc]" ...
Really?! Are you playing female MC? I've played her path three times and slept with her twice.
Maybe you need to be slightly less "on-board" with the plan. She may be viewing things as a bribe.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Do you play a white male character?

TLBRF

Jun 19, 2018
Do you play a white male character?
Nope. I chose the black male character. Because apparently that one makes her want you more than the white male character. So there's that. Anyway, even with that being chosen nothing happened. I tried my best to choose the options that involves Trisha. I mean, to gain her favorite. Even after editing her stats didn't help [after failing every possible way to get to her].

TLBRF

Jun 19, 2018
Really?! Are you playing female MC? I've played her path three times and slept with her twice.
Maybe you need to be slightly less "on-board" with the plan. She may be viewing things as a bribe.
Nope. I chose the black male character. Because apparently that one makes her want you more than the white male character. So there's that. The thing is I try/tried choosing every options through dialogue. And believe me when I say it, but...I read every word out of it. Her thoughts and behaviour [even what it says on codex] suggests and always suggested that she's into having an intimate time with my character. But like I said, when the mine mission is done, she just like "alright, let's bail" and my character is like "you're right. we shouldn't waste anymore time here". I don't know the reason why I'm stuck at not getting that intimate scene but I literally tried starting over and over again to just to achieve that. So, that I could move on.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Nope. I chose the black male character. Because apparently that one makes her want you more than the white male character. So there's that. Anyway, even with that being chosen nothing happened. I tried my best to choose the options that involves Trisha. I mean, to gain her favorite. Even after editing her stats didn't help [after failing every possible way to get to her].
She sees the black male character... differently. In Chapter Four, only the white male character can have sex with her.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Guyin Cognito

TLBRF

Jun 19, 2018
She sees the black male character... differently. In Chapter Four, only the white male character can have sex with her.
Seriously? How? I mean, I don't understand the whole point of viewing you like some kind of God and then not having an intimate time? This whole time, how she views you could have led an intimate moment but seriously? That's disappointing. After meeting the first time with her and she was like giving me a "Perfection. My prayers are answered" kinda look...I thought that was it. But I'm so disappointed to hear choosing the white male character gets the go. But whatever, I guess the whole thing...hints are misleading/misguiding. Then, she's definitely seeing the black male character, differently.

NeimadFR

Donor
Jul 1, 2017
Seriously? How? I mean, I don't understand the whole point of viewing you like some kind of God and then not having an intimate time? This whole time, how she views you could have led an intimate moment but seriously? That's disappointing. After meeting the first time with her and she was like giving me a "Perfection. My prayers are answered" kinda look...I thought that was it. But I'm so disappointed to hear choosing the white male character gets the go. But whatever, I guess the whole thing...hints are misleading/misguiding. Then, she's definitely seeing the black male character, differently.
You have to realise that for her sex is a tool to get the MC to do what she wants. With black MC however she feel like it can be more than meaningless sex. Though the sex scene with white MC was hot I expect her to double cross him in the future. I could really see one of the endings in Chapter 6 being black MC and her "riding into the sunset" and making a new life for themselves.

TLBRF

Jun 19, 2018
You have to realise that for her sex is a tool to get the MC to do what she wants. With black MC however she feel like it can be more than meaningless sex. Though the sex scene with white MC was hot I expect her to double cross him in the future. I could really see one of the endings in Chapter 6 being black MC and her "riding into the sunset" and making a new life for themselves.

Look, what you say makes sense...in a way. But all this time, how it played out, I mean, her way of saying things to your face...that [kind of] betrayed the whole point...leaving behind and all. But, I guess you've got a point in the end. Who knows if it's just the way how the writer planned it or something got dropped out of along the way. Anyway, plot twist or not...good game.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Look, what you say makes sense...in a way. But all this time, how it played out, I mean, her way of saying things to your face...that [kind of] betrayed the whole point...leaving behind and all. But, I guess you've got a point in the end. Who knows if it's just the way how the writer planned it or something got dropped out of along the way. Anyway, plot twist or not...good game.
Nothing dropped here. If you compare all Trisha's scenes for both player characters she's never really made blatant sexual advances (like she does with white MC) towards the black MC. At this point it's speculative as to what her motivations are, but I'd venture a guess that she's attracted to the black MC and tries to gain his loyalty romantically. So, it makes sense she doesn't want to be seen as a cheap slut in that scenario. In other words she might see the white MC as expendable and the black MC as a keeper.

I understand you'd like to have a go at her, but from a story perspective it makes sense that the black MC doesn't get the same offer.

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes