TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
So your saying that women/Females don't mind all the touchy feely things - funny I've asked more than a dozen women I know and they all say they would not shower in a communal shower without the curtains drawn and certainly not in front of either a male or female so the author has this entirely wrong
Also a women bi or not is not going to get a heterosexual women to convert to a lesbian affair any easier than a brother would be able to get his sister into bed - nor would he want to - and when he found out the comms officer / ensign was his sister the bet would be off - the Dev should allow that to happen as well as the brother should be able to warn his sister about the sick Chris's intensions so I don't see your argument that there aren't any lesbians there
Hopefully Kelly sticks to her beliefs and tells Chris to go jump in a lake - and by the way screwing a women or a man is CHEATING for any man or women who is married
I can only say as to the very first sentence about showering -- I haven't found that to be the case with at least a fair part of my own circle. A lot of us are very comfortable being naked with each other and we even will talk about body parts and such, (not sexual relax everyone haha!) and so on... It's not necessarily as common in the shower - in terms of talking actively that way about physical body stuff, but just being naked is fine if the space doesn't have great privacy - as it's kind of hard in that context, but in say a sauna absolutely. It's not strange at all to be naked in a sauna just relaxing and talking, sometimes a towel is on/off but it's very casual.

NeimadFR

Donor
Jul 1, 2017
Ok so I get the bomb made, go to the lab, but it's full of guards and "tom's escaped" and was last seen heading for the Church. ..and I'm 'not to go there'... so naturally I stake out the Church but Tom never shows.
in fact I now can't bomb the organization's machines and I can't find Tom?
Stuck...What'd i miss?
I'd say you missed the correct game's thread as I have no idea what you're talking about. :p

LWtbo

Feb 11, 2018
Hmm Just a thought

That must be really awkward in a Nudist colony or at a Nudist beach then if all the women will only shower with other women or men if there's a curtain too seperate them.
Not to mention I guess the boys or girls group showers after Sports and games must never get used since there's no curtains?.

Just Sayin.

F1forhalp

SOTD: 2Pac - When I Get Free
Donor
Oct 28, 2019
Hmm Just a thought

That must be really awkward in a Nudist colony or at a Nudist beach then if all the women will only shower with other women or men if there's a curtain too seperate them.
Not to mention I guess the boys or girls group showers after Sports and games must never get used since there's no curtains?.

Just Sayin.
at larger plants, people have to shower all the time.. more or less. having worked in a large power plant, there have been rather large shower rooms, well, separated in female/male, sure, connected to the respective locker rooms. if you have a shift change, you see about 300 up to 2k people getting a shower before changing out of the work clothes; that can't be done in nicely separated "appartment" showers, as there is just no space for that. it was even more common in the older days. the modesty in it just the separation into female and male sections, also, working with eachother for a time, you get to know your colleagues anyway. one thing was certain, you won't get on the transport if smelly and full of oil-and-whatever-else stains. in larger military maintained units, this habit would be comparably similiar, and by rule and common sense, be passed down to sub units. then in space, you go with what makes sense.
+$0.02

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Finally getting around to playing Chapter 4. I had purposely avoided reading any of the posts since the release, and there are now too many to go thru now. But I have a major problem with my save games.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I don't use any mods at all so it can't be that. Does anybody have the same problem?

Oddball2k

Woof, woof, woof!
Donor
Jun 1, 2018
Finally getting around to playing Chapter 4. I had purposely avoided reading any of the posts since the release, and there are now too many to go thru now. But I have a major problem with my save games.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I don't use any mods at all so it can't be that. Does anybody have the same problem?
This bug has been fixed. Please refer to NeimadFR's post below and the link to the public Patreon post. Choose the 5$ tier script for the leaked version of H5 here on F95. Have a nice playing of Chapter 4!

https://f95zone.to/threads/heavy-five-ch-4-remastered-nottravis.23184/post-6650612

Last edited:

lonelygale

Jul 1, 2020
the renders look really good so i want to play this game, but i don't usually like sandbox stuff. can anyone tell me if this game is really grindy?

NeimadFR

Donor
Jul 1, 2017
the renders look really good so i want to play this game, but i don't usually like sandbox stuff. can anyone tell me if this game is really grindy?
It's not a sandbox in the conventional sense, there is zero grind like doing the dishes everyday, doing yoga with your landlady...
Free roam would be a better term than sandbox. At times the game let you loose on the station and you can go wherever you want. Time advances when you do so and characters live their lives and change locations so the little element of grind could be figuring out where who is at what time to reload before the free roam and optimize your path but that's about it.

lonelygale

Jul 1, 2020
It's not a sandbox in the conventional sense, there is zero grind like doing the dishes everyday, doing yoga with your landlady...
Free roam would be a better term than sandbox. At times the game let you loose on the station and you can go wherever you want. Time advances when you do so and characters live their lives and change locations so the little element of grind could be figuring out where who is at what time to reload before the free roam and optimize your path but that's about it.
that sounds perfect, thanks :)

DrDerpington

Oct 6, 2017
That CoC (D&D parody) is terrible. Author must have taken so much work with such stupid game.

First of all, it is incredibly boring. Compared to VR game, nothing happens. It just full of double meanings and and Sarah's dreamy expression, boring.

The worst thing about CoC is RNG generator. I played CoC 3 times in 3 different chapters and I always died in the first fight. Because bad RNG! So much game potential ruined by stupid RNG. What's the point?
Before somebody starts arguing that's how D&D works. It's all about dice rolls. It is not! GM rolls dices behind cover so he can affect story to a certain degree. Why would he do that? Because it is not fun, when everybody dies in first fight with some trash monster. When everybody dies it is not fault of bad RNG, it is the fault of bad GM.

drdredit

Jul 1, 2020
Your mileage may vary - I find the game fairly tedious if not grindy in the sense that the others describe. The free roam is largely pointless - yes you can avoid the treasure hunts - but if you try to follow them it is basically visit a room, look around, visit another room. Where the *thing* you are looking for may appear in different places due to the randomization. This dev loves RNG and as others have pointed out, if its not your thing it can drive you crazy. RNG in the quests, RNG in the mini-games. Read some of the recent review for more.

I really *want* to like this game and keep hoping it will get there.

DrD

Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

Oddball2k

Woof, woof, woof!
Donor
Jun 1, 2018
That CoC (D&D parody) is terrible. Author must have taken so much work with such stupid game.

First of all, it is incredibly boring. Compared to VR game, nothing happens. It just full of double meanings and and Sarah's dreamy expression, boring.

The worst thing about CoC is RNG generator. I played CoC 3 times in 3 different chapters and I always died in the first fight. Because bad RNG! So much game potential ruined by stupid RNG. What's the point?
Before somebody starts arguing that's how D&D works. It's all about dice rolls. It is not! GM rolls dices behind cover so he can affect story to a certain degree. Why would he do that? Because it is not fun, when everybody dies in first fight with some trash monster. When everybody dies it is not fault of bad RNG, it is the fault of bad GM.
Well if you didn't realize it yet, CoC is quite the opposite of VR, an alternative to the heavy stuff that can happened in VR. Trying to find similarities between VR and CoC is pointless.
Just enjoy the humour of this CoC game and have the opportunity to entertain Sarah.

And it seems that the worst GM of the entire Intrepid crew met the most unlucky gamer on this thread. Your choices of path and opponent also matter, you know, you can't blame the RNG generator about that.

Oddball2k

Woof, woof, woof!
Donor
Jun 1, 2018
Your mileage may vary - I find the game fairly tedious if not grindy in the sense that the others describe. The free roam is largely pointless - yes you can avoid the treasure hunts - but if you try to follow them it is basically visit a room, look around, visit another room.
Yeah, if you don't want to:
Know anything about your new environment
Interact with the settlement personal and your own crew
Search for clues to fix the power plant.. Oh, yeah, you can leave it to Mike for the most of it
Do something during your day etc..

Just go ahead, press the skip time button down right of the freeroam map until the night events.. If there are any

Where the *thing* you are looking for may appear in different places due to the randomization.
For now, it happened only one time and for only a specific search that can be easily completed nevertheless. Making a generality of it is a lie.
And do you really think that pickable items are randomly appearing, for example?

RNG in the quests
Wrong!

I really *want* to like this game and keep hoping it will get there.
With all my respect, let me doubt of it.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
GM doesn't roll behind cover to cheat the roll outcomes. At least not any GM I would play with. There's a reason why tabletop RPGs have mechanics such as negative hit points or raise dead spells. Yes, it's not fun to have the PCs wiped out all the time, which is why good GMs help them when needed. But not by fixing rolls. That's no fun.

I play a lot of CRPGs based on tabletop rules and they don't cheat "GM" rolls to keep the player alive. If you die, you load a game. Why should this minigame be different?

One possible improvement to CoC could be a difficulty setting for the player to choose. Some people like it hard, some don't.

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes