jan.spam

Mar 30, 2018
can someone please post a "searchable places" walkthrough? I keep searching every location thoroughly but find nothing, save a bloody grill in a corner. I really like the story, but this game sadly has gotten way too complex for me.

Very sad..

Reactions: Pinsel

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
can someone please post a "searchable places" walkthrough? I keep searching every location thoroughly but find nothing, save a bloody grill in a corner. I really like the story, but this game sadly has gotten way too complex for me.

Very sad..
What are you looking for?

If you don't enjoy searching, you can ignore it. It's not needed to progress.

jan.spam

Mar 30, 2018
What are you looking for?

If you don't enjoy searching, you can ignore it. It's not needed to progress.
I understand that I somehow "progress" but I can see that I am missing a ton of content, which frustrates me, because I doubt I would have found it. just found the "shower" thanks to your WT, which is quite a sexy scene, and I am wondering what else I am missing

Reactions: Monaco1933

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
I understand that I somehow "progress" but I can see that I am missing a ton of content, which frustrates me, because I doubt I would have found it. just found the "shower" thanks to your WT, which is quite a sexy scene, and I am wondering what else I am missing
You are not missing a ton of content. There's no other scene like the shower that would be "unlockable" in similar manner in Chapter Four. If some clickables lead to a lewd scene involving the characters, my WT will always mention them.

Gonzoooo

Feb 13, 2018
As somebody who enjoys being the villain asshole in these games, I find the blackmail route kinda sucky love other normal playstyles but I wish being an asshole is more fun. nice is boring to me.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Tough luck then ... only asshole having fun hustling babes
and blackmailing them and others with court marshal
is the vilain in this game ..
MC cannot have fun while being blackmailed.
The villain is having that fun ... dev ex makina makes sure of it every time.

Gonzoooo

Feb 13, 2018
there is clearly an asshole route to take with the story and blackmail options, maybe not your taste (totally fine) but if that's an option just would like to see the dev have more fun with that at the moment its a pretty limited branch. but a branch some people would enjoy. *twists cartoon evil mustache*

Reactions: paragan

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
dunno if already reported, in one of my playthroughs at the start of the free roam section i first went and modified the shower then watched the scene with Markus and went for the fridge, at that point it was impossible to access the toolbox cause the image of the hole in the shower was instead showed. after that i guess the save was completely corrupted cause i kept on getting weird renders being showed randomly of previous scenes and finally even being brought back to ch 2 content.
Missing point in your description, you took a second look at the shower after you made the hole ; it's what triggered the problem.

The time an official fix is deployed, put the attached file in the "[path to game]/heavy five/game" directory (where there's the scripts.rpa file), it will fix the issue.

Kionashi

Jul 11, 2021
Does this game have a lot of adult content or a little ?
Depends on what you consider "a lot" I personally believe this game is on the little side, since the adult content is more meaningful and not so gratuitous, also if you decide to go the route of dom Cris you won't have many other options for adult content :ROFLMAO:. But yeah this is kinda of an adult game so I don't think there is a way around it.

Reactions: Qscfghjkm

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
This is a simple matter .. you have ta use the walkthrough to get anywhere.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Does this game have a lot of adult content or a little ?
Depends on what you consider "a lot" I personally believe this game is on the little side, since the adult content is more meaningful and not so gratuitous, also if you decide to go the route of dom Cris you won't have many other options for adult content :ROFLMAO:. But yeah this is kinda of an adult game so I don't think there is a way around it.
Thank you

Guyin Cognito

Gentleman Pervert
Donor
Feb 23, 2018
This is a simple matter .. you have ta use the walkthrough to get anywhere.
I've been trying really hard not to get myself roped into a pointless argument about this game.
I admit, I am just a huge fan of Nottravis. Things aren't perfect, and I've expressed that to the dev constructively, but frankly things would have to go super FUBAR for me to get seriously upset or disappointed. Also, I don't begrudge others having different opinions than mine. That's fine. I would actually prefer to live in a world where we are able to disagree with each other about things and carry on, but at this point, something's been bugging me, and I can't hold back anymore. So, here it is.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
This game is a huge reemagination of one mortal kombat arcade I used to play as a kid.

It took forever and many coins lost just to get the hang of the buttons and moves.

The difference is the total reverse deux ex machina Chris is in this game.

Like in mortal kombat, you play to win - get a babe to be with you.

Now, different to mortal kombat, Chris is shuehorned in your fatality scene,
just to mess it up and say ”Ha! Ha! Your play is pointless, all babes are 4 Chris”

That is the only explanation for the fact that even as obama abolished the
” do not ask, do not tell” scheme of punishing military personanel for the act of
becoming friends outside of work, dev went even further and imposed on MC the asshole of all assholes in your free time, in your private quarters,
day and night, screwing any crumble of life you could have 4 yourself.

All the while that asshat gets to wear fancy dresses, fancy shoes,
fancy jewelry and treat you like dirt before and after her parties.

So no, this is not nice, it is a reverse deus ex machina, a delusional
reenactment of one arcade game where you cannot win,
because your goal is not fatality, it is to make friends,
so once you manage to get close to someone and seal the deal,
while being off the damn ship, away from the asshat boss, off the working hours,
to have the dev still mess you up, just because it is what it is, that is not cool at all.

This is from MC pespective. MC has a boss who is not his superior,
but dev makes that vilain behave like it all the time.

MC has to hear all about getting into babes pants from his supposed superior,
but dev sticks the asshole in your face acting all holy like: Do not bang the babes!

Seriously?

So yeah, being MC in this game is a hopeless uphill battle where nothing is gained.
Getting scraps like a pointless VR game with rape and murder,
a bang with a skank who blackmails MC into it or MC becoming the pet of Chris.

No thank you, MC would just ditch all these assholes and jump ship. Any ship.

I want to see the ”wreck it ralph” version where MC gets his revenge.
Becoming Neo and fucking all of them might be too much to ask even.

Last edited:

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017

Nottravis said:
It's the "Hello and news" update...

Hi everyone. :)

Firstly, a very warm welcome to new and returning patreons.

Before I get down to business I want to take a moment to thank you (and my original patreons of course!) not only for your support but also your faith in me. One thing I can absolutely guarantee is that this is a game which will be completed, the only unknown being the pace of completion. Not, I'd add, due to any lack of effort on my part (and I trust that Chapter Four proves that one in spades) but rather more due to the limitations of my existing hardware and software. Your support helps me acquire the equipment I need to make this game both faster and better, so thank you.

And now, after my few days break, to business as it looks like a busy time ahead as I want to complete the following this month.

Bugs and slugs

I've had a few bug reports come in, mostly the odd typo from late text amendments and tweaks at stupid o'clock in the morning which are easy enough to fix if rather red face making.
There are a couple of slightly more substantial bugs however. The biggest two being Annie not triggering her pool match with the female MC in some circumstances and Sarah having seemingly obtained the gift of time travel. If you try to go on the mission with her and there is insufficient time left in the day, she sends you back to Chapter Two (A missing "4" in the map call....). Situational bugs like this are the hardest to be aware of as, unless during testing you have the exact situation, the game can act perfectly. A downside to having H5 have the complexity it has I'm afraid. Not that makes it acceptable of course and my apologies for all of these. Rather derpily, I also forgot about patreons moving up tiers between chapters and I need to put in a switch at the start of Chapter Four that activates all the past bonus content as opposed to it triggering at each stage. Sorry...

So, the first thing on my list to do is go through the reports, correct the script and then upload a new script and new downloads. If you've already downloaded the game you don't have to download it again. Just the script (We're talking Kilobytes here. It'll be tiddly.) and I'll provide a guide on how to drop it in to your game file. Should be with you in a couple of days.

File size

Next up is to contact a download provider direct and see if I can gain a high speed download for you guys. Regardless of how successful I am in reducing the file size, a faster download at your end can only be beneficial.
As to the file size itself, this week is where I want to do the Chapter One experiment replacing the PNG screens with a different format. The image change itself will be fairly straightforward, it's then the coding aspect and ensuring I can get the game to still work. If that transition works smoothly enough then it's the larger job of rolling it our across the rest of the game. Success means a very significant reduction in the file size which again will just make things easier all round for you.

Bonus game

Script tweaks would appear to be all this needs which isn't too painful. I'll drop as a separate game and as part of the rebuilds for your convenience. I'm gunning for the weekend on this one.

Commissions

I'll do a separate post on this next week and I look forward to seeing what you've come up with :)

And after that...

Then we have a few things to discuss. As you can see I have a pretty heavy workload ahead of me as the month is already running short so I don't wish to get drawn into conversation on future plans just yet. They're far too important to be part of a balancing act and deserve our full attention. But the three things I want to discuss early next month are:

Animations. General feedback of course, but also the bigger question of how to take production forward. I don't want to say too much right now as I don't want to look as though I'm prejudging the discussion. But this is probably the most thing to tackle.

The GUI refresh project. The PDA isn't really that fit for purpose I don't think. It looks rather clumsy, I don't think it's really giving you the player as much information as it could and the whole thing just feels a little bit basic to me. I want to discuss what you want from this tool, how you want it to look and act and basically see if I can make your gameplay easier. The refresh project also covers such things as the menu selection etc, but it's the PDA I think that needs the most work. It could be better.

Project Becca. Potentially this is a contentious one. But again, it's not really my game, it's yours and this is something I want to thrash out a bit. Now all the main mechanics are in place she isn't going to have an awful lot to do and this does beg the question of should she be front and centre at the start of each chapter. On the one hand I know she is popular in some quarters and she does bring a certain friendly feel to the game. But on the other she is rather immersion breaking, especially if you're new to the game and have the luxury of playing several new chapters all in one go. Options facing us include shifting the tutorials off to a separate menu or condensing them all into something much briefer and less chatty right at the start as a complete set. Indeed, now we're talking about her, should she even be there at the end? The results screens are a bit basic and really were there at the start to underline that there was a lot of content laying around, but again like the PDA I'm not sure this is really fit for purpose anymore. Perhaps something like achievements scored on the PDA might be better?

Anyhoo, those three are for next month. In the meantime I'll crack on with the rest and I hope you've found something to enjoy in my work.

Notty

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
This game is a huge reemagination of one mortal kombat arcade I used to play as a kid.
You know Canto, I think it's time to give you some credits for you devotion.

How many time already, that you dedicate few weeks after each update, regularly bumping the thread to give it the visibility this game deserve ?

Fools would probably think that you're an idiot ; no one who execrate something as much as you pretend to do for this game, would dedicate so much times and energy to it. But we are few to know that you sacrifice your image in order to help Notty, and this deserve some recognition...

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes