moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Planned changes are mostly cosmetic and UI related, they shouldn't affect the existing saves. Although it might be interesting to start a new game since evening timeslots are going to be expanded to allow more than one interaction (so you won't need to choose one girl over the other in case you have 2 different appointments with 2 different girls)

SweatyDevil

Jan 8, 2022
Ok this might be really dumb question but is there a way how to change text outline color or anything for mc thoughts? Sometimes i confused what is what. Would be nice to read it without thinking what is thoughts a whats actuall dialog, the font makes zero to none difference to me.

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
There is quite a lot of things that I'd like to share as a player. That said, i tend to be pretty thorough with my impressions so buckle up, it's gonna be a pretty long one.
I agree with a lot of your observations. In fact, some of them are the main reason I just deleted the game and likely won't bother coming back for future updates.

On the character front, I was rapidly left not really wanting to interact with any of the other characters at all. I'm playing as a female MC, but Chris is a bit too butch for my tastes, and her more aggressive dom style really isn't for me (and I kind of agree that her aggressive flirting with every woman she meets - and straight up molesting my sister under the guise of sparring - really doesn't make me all that sympathetic to her existence). Sarah's ditziness could be appealing (and her character design is nice), but her kinks aren't necessarily something I want to explore. For a while Annie seemed like a positive alternative, but then in the drinking scene she goes full-on stereotype Australian slang and smoking, and it killed most of her appeal. It's a sad thing when the only characters you find attractive as potential love interests at all are the author-insert tutorial narrators.

As for the other NPCs, most seem mildly intolerable, including our sister (I get they were probably going for sibling rivalry, but it comes across a bit too hostile and abusive for my taste). Mike's about the only one who doesn't grate, and that's because he's more of a non-entity than a full character.

(And if you've got problems with NTR - like you seem to from your post - the aliens feel like they've been set up solely to either present NTR-flavored threats to your crew or to straight up molest most of the female crew eventually.)

I definitely agree with the limited time issues preventing real immersion when it comes to interacting with characters/the setting/the story, but considering I barely want to interact with them at all that's not much of a problem. The MC being a bit of a passive observer (like you mentioned) and the awkwardness of the game interface at times (trying to explore and repair the base) make it feel more like a chore to slog through than something that encourages or rewards action on the part of the player. There may be a deep and interesting story hiding just under the surface, or waiting to blossom once the foundation is out of the way, but I have zero motivation to care or even look for it.

I mostly tried the game because it seemed like a lot of people were giving it huge positive reviews, but it feels like I can't possibly be playing the same game those people were.

Kionashi

Jul 11, 2021
Guy writes out a thoughtful critique and that's your reaction? This thread sucks.
I mean, his feedback was mostly "I don't agree with the artistic vision of the dev" and while is fair and he is entitled to his opinion, is not really something that can be addressed since those aren't objective flaws.

He thinks Cris is too much of a butch for his taste, I think she is amazing as she is.

He thinks the sister is annoying, I believe that too, but I also think her bad attitude has a reason to be and I think it will lead to some interesting character development or simply a cool revelation in future updates so I don't really see it as a negative.

He thinks the naked aliens are there to NTR the whole crew, I think he needs to lookup the meaning of NTR first and then I don't think having a looming threat is a bad thing, it adds up to the suspense and motivate us to choose wisely to avoid those bad outcomes so is not really a negative.

He said he dislike the MC being a passive observer, I think is important to railroad some important events to avoid having too many branches that would clog the development time.

is all about perspectives

Hullahopp

Dec 26, 2018
Guy writes out a thoughtful critique and that's your reaction? This thread sucks.
This was not a criticism, but a private opinion. Many people love the Desert Stalker. I don't, because it feels like a walking simulator.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's not okay for someone on a PIRATE site to try to explain to the dev that the game sucks because it doesn't suit THEIR tastes.
After a while you lose your patience when the umpteenth fapboy complains that the world doesn't revolve around him. And if you disagree with them, you're the white knight.

Oddball2k

Woof, woof, woof!
Donor
Jun 1, 2018
Hmm, what an inconvenient timing to give opinion on the game just before a major release.. Is it a badly prepared smear campaign??

Here is my opinion, to freshen up some memories, about an optional event.

There is this sportsmanship fight between Kelly(our sister) and Chris that could go totally unexpected.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Yamura

Mar 14, 2019
Hmm, what an inconvenient timing to give opinion on the game just before a major release.. Is it a badly prepared smear campaign??

Here is my opinion, to freshen up some memories, about an optional event.

There is this sportsmanship fight between Kelly(our sister) and Chris that could go totally unexpected.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
A fair approach. I also played this so far as a male MC avoiding romantic entanglements with any of the other women, mainly because there’s that little problem with officers getting into relationships with those of lower rank, Chris being the exception but also married. I guess others could then ask WTH are you playing this game for then, anyway?

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes