ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019

Jaango

Aug 15, 2021

Once upon a time there was a wannabe dev. They had an idea for a game but no experience nor indeed any IT kit. But the more they thought about it the more they thought that this was something that other people might like. So our wannabe dev sat down and started writing...

Six months later they had their story.

And so off our wannabe dev pops and gets themselves a used PC with a 2GB 1050 graphics card and settles down and learns how to render and code. Each render takes an hour and often involves having to render the background and the character separately before slapping one on top of the other and merging together to make the final image but...a game takes shape.

At this point our wannabe dev becomes the newbie dev and, as funds start to come in, upgrades the 1050 card to a 4GB 1060 card. Renders still take a while but the slapping together of images is no longer required so...progress!

And as time passes the newbie dev becomes the tiny dev, more funds allows more upgrades until a mighty 2080 card machine is in the armoury. 15 minute renders! Sometimes even less. And as the tiny devs power levels increase so does the ambition. Animations, lighting, the whole works. Everything starts to look a lot prettier. But as the ambition grows, productions slows. The tiny dev was trying to punch well above their weight class. A plucky underdog (or an idiot of course) they kept at it and then...

...the tiny dev buys a 3090ti powered machine. Four times faster than the 2080.

Thank you. Thank you all -so- very, very much. Past and present patreons alike. Every dollar has always counted and has taken me from having nothing at all to one of the most powerful machines out there. Alrighties, it doesn't put me in the super production leagues of some who have banks of the things but I have one - and it's all down to you. I'm sorry it's been a bit of a long and sometimes wobbly journey but we've got there.

I finally feel I have the tools for the job and I'm just so bloody grateful to you all. Grateful for your interest, grateful for your faith and grateful for your support that has allowed me to get the equipment I needed.

It turns up sometime next week and I'm looking forward to seeing what it can do and so looking forward to speeding up the production.

Notty

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
In the walkthrough https://f95zone.to/threads/heavy-five-ch-4-remastered-nottravis.23184/page-350#post-2151853
it says in Annie's female path:

Chapter 4

Recommendations for this route will be will be added after the release of a patch. Presently, there is a bug that cause some of the subpaths not to function correctly.

So, has the actual version that patch? can we play Annie path now? And has anybody a walkthrough for that?
I don't remember if the download links here are patched or not. If not, then no.

Otherwise, it's outdated information. If you can get a patched version, you may as well play that. As I recall, it's fairly straightforward in Chapter Four, so it should be easy to do that part without a WT. The trickier decisions are made in previous chapters.

As for the WT in general, I don't plan to update it anytime soon. Chapter Five release will bring some changes that will require major restructuring of the WT. Namely, the summary lists at the end of chapters will be retired. Instead, there will be achievements system, so a revised WT will adapt to that.

Kionashi

Jul 11, 2021
From what I get from what I've read, this story is about your character being the ultimate beta, to the point that you have to let Chris sexually assault your sister, and your character just lets him get away with it. Is this accurate?

not really, I mean, your sister was kinda of a bitch and a sore loser, so Chris decided to punish her unsportsmanship by breaking her top, but that's hardly sexual assault.

Sasarko99

Jun 13, 2018
Trying the game and while I like the story and character so far, I got to say I really really hate the god damn Chris edging minigame, first, you have to turn on your audio otherwise you can't play it, and if you're deaf you're out of luck. The whole thing is just confusing I have no clue what's going on or if the "beats" do anything/mean anything random segments seem to play and you end up being asked some random questions here and there, the whole thing feels inorganic like I'm talking to akinator or something, and it goes on and on and on until she just says that's it. Completely underwhelming, and confusing, I was really looking forward to this path, but now I'm just disappointed, to be honest.

Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Trying the game and while I like the story and character so far, I got to say I really really hate the god damn Chris edging minigame, first, you have to turn on your audio otherwise you can't play it, and if you're deaf you're out of luck. The whole thing is just confusing I have no clue what's going on or if the "beats" do anything/mean anything random segments seem to play and you end up being asked some random questions here and there, the whole thing feels inorganic like I'm talking to akinator or something, and it goes on and on and on until she just says that's it. Completely underwhelming, and confusing, I was really looking forward to this path, but now I'm just disappointed, to be honest.
You only need the sound if you want to actually do in real life what she's telling your MC to do. You don't need it to pass her game. Supposedly, questions are there to filter the random pics according to your tastes. Also, it's supposed to be a long-term bet, so there's no reward yet. Your MC only needs to reach the end of each session without cumming, and we'll see the actual results of this success in some future installment.

Sasarko99

Jun 13, 2018
You only need the sound if you want to actually do in real life what she's telling your MC to do. You don't need it to pass her game. Supposedly, questions are there to filter the random pics according to your tastes. Also, it's supposed to be a long-term bet, so there's no reward yet. Your MC only needs to reach the end of each session without cumming, and we'll see the actual results of this success in some future installment.
I think it could've been done much better if it were made into a regular scene, as it is, it completely breaks immersion and makes no sense, it feels like playing one of those flash games of old, a mumble of random remarks and poses from Chris, with images that have nothing to do with her, girls doing yoga, or being tied down or whatever, she'll often say one thing then jump to another, and at times she'll repeat the same thing twice or trice.
A coherent and planned scene with a proper flow of dialogue and actions that focuses on Chris and MC would be much more meaningful and exciting in my opinion, she could tease him physically, visually, and verbally instead of showing him stock images.
Ditching the random unrelated images/questions, and keeping the questions she asks you that seem relevant, like what you think about other characters, Trisha, kelly, and Amanda, the ones about kinks too, like pantyhose, maybe her tits, pussy, lips, feet, armpits, etc. Maybe makes remarks about it if you say you like it, tease you about it.
It could have a meter of sorts that tells how close you are to cumming, the faster she orders you to jerk off the faster it fills, a speed meter would also be nice for those that don't want to turn audio on to listen to the beats. When you get close to cumming you can ask her to slow down or make a deal or edge.
As it stands The Chris scenes were a chore to go through and I found no enjoyment in them, it was basically a slideshow of a collection of renders.
To balance things out let me just say the toolkit is a great feature and adds a lot of flavor to the game, I actually feel like an engineer trying to solve the issue with the station, I hope my comment isn't misunderstood as hate towards the game because I love it so far.

Kionashi

Jul 11, 2021
I think it could've been done much better if it were made into a regular scene, as it is, it completely breaks immersion and makes no sense, it feels like playing one of those flash games of old, a mumble of random remarks and poses from Chris, with images that have nothing to do with her, girls doing yoga, or being tied down or whatever, she'll often say one thing then jump to another, and at times she'll repeat the same thing twice or trice.
A coherent and planned scene with a proper flow of dialogue and actions that focuses on Chris and MC would be much more meaningful and exciting in my opinion, she could tease him physically, visually, and verbally instead of showing him stock images.
Ditching the random unrelated images/questions, and keeping the questions she asks you that seem relevant, like what you think about other characters, Trisha, kelly, and Amanda, the ones about kinks too, like pantyhose, maybe her tits, pussy, lips, feet, armpits, etc. Maybe makes remarks about it if you say you like it, tease you about it.
It could have a meter of sorts that tells how close you are to cumming, the faster she orders you to jerk off the faster it fills, a speed meter would also be nice for those that don't want to turn audio on to listen to the beats. When you get close to cumming you can ask her to slow down or make a deal or edge.
As it stands The Chris scenes were a chore to go through and I found no enjoyment in them, it was basically a slideshow of a collection of renders.
To balance things out let me just say the toolkit is a great feature and adds a lot of flavor to the game, I actually feel like an engineer trying to solve the issue with the station, I hope my comment isn't misunderstood as hate towards the game because I love it so far.
for me it was quite the opposite actually it felt super immersive because in regular sex scenes you are simply an spectator, "oh, my character is having sex" but with Chris it feels like she is talking with "you" the player on the other side of the screen, if you follow her instructions, masturbate to the indicated pace and do your best to not cum it really feels like she is talking with you and that's hot as hell, of course you might simply not be really into JOI sessions, that's usually how it works and it's ok if that doesn't do it for you. The rest of the game is pretty amazing.

• Wow
Reactions: Sasarko99

Sasarko99

Jun 13, 2018
for me it was quite the opposite actually it felt super immersive because in regular sex scenes you are simply an spectator, "oh, my character is having sex" but with Chris it feels like she is talking with "you" the player on the other side of the screen, if you follow her instructions, masturbate to the indicated pace and do your best to not cum it really feels like she is talking with you and that's hot as hell, of course you might simply not be really into JOI sessions, that's usually how it works and it's ok if that doesn't do it for you. The rest of the game is pretty amazing.
That actually makes sense, I was probably expecting something else and so a JOI was probably a big part of why I didn't like it, but I still believe a JOI could've been done better than the rng of random dialogue, etc.

xMeganJ99x

Apr 11, 2022
Very great renderings, a wonderful plot (so far), and a nice character. I enjoyed the VR segment with Sarah, which was quite amusing, and I like the game overall. I'd want to see more free activities; I understand it's a visual novel, but I'd like to have more free mobility and stuff to do.

May 27, 2020

It's the "I Paused" update...
Hi all,
You'll have noticed I paused this month. Some of you, those who follow me on twitter or visit discord or the forum, will have also noticed that about two weeks ago I just dropped off the face of the electronic earth as well. Given that I usually hit at least one of these once a day, and of late had been tweeting like a goldfinch that had found a bag of birdseed, what gives?
Well for once it's not me suddenly wanting to redo huge chunks of the game or remake a pile of animations or any of the usual suspects. In fact the opposite. I'm pretty happy with everything and, winding back a few weeks I'd just put the testers on alert for chunks of the game to fly their way.
So if it's not that, what is it?
The Rover ate my homework
I had a little accident.
I'm fine. Well I'm not - but I will be with the miracle of time with nothing worse than a scar on my right foot of all places (a lesson there about wearing sensible shoes perhaps). But at the moment I'm in a bit of poor shape. I haven't slept a full nights sleep for what seems like forever; I'm in a fair bit of pain, especially in the neck and shoulders and staying at a desk for any real period of time is a bit of a no-no right now. Whether it's a combination of the above or whatever I'm taking these days to wobble through the day I'm not sure but my head feels stuffed full of cotton wool 24/7 as well so not scoring high on the clarity of thought front either. Not exactly ideal for making test builds, clearing bugs and wrapping things up.
Sadly, one of the problems of not being a spry twenty year old is that you don't quite bounce back from things as quick as you once did. Especially, if like me, you've have had multiple shoulder/neck injuries before (this isn't my first rodeo...). Torn muscles take a while to sort themselves out for example (and hurt like buggery if you move just so...).
But all of this will pass and my hopes and dreams of one day driving the route of the Mille Miglia* remain intact. Not something that can be said about my car which, last time I saw it, was in slightly more pieces than a respectable motor vehicle has any right to be in.
I would have posted something, anything earlier but....see above. It's painful to type so imagine what it was like if we rewind a week or so. Tweeting something would have been a possible as I keep that on my phone (for security it's the only the game related thing I do have on there) but I've honestly no idea where my phone is these days (three guesses who uses their phone for sat-nav).
- -

Last edited:

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020

Hi all,
You'll have noticed I paused this month. Some of you, those who follow me on twitter or visit discord or the forum, will have also noticed that about two weeks ago I just dropped off the face of the electronic earth as well. Given that I usually hit at least one of these once a day, and of late had been tweeting like a goldfinch that had found a bag of birdseed, what gives?
Well for once it's not me suddenly wanting to redo huge chunks of the game or remake a pile of animations or any of the usual suspects. In fact the opposite. I'm pretty happy with everything and, winding back a few weeks I'd just put the testers on alert for chunks of the game to fly their way.
So if it's not that, what is it?
The Rover ate my homework
I had a little accident.
I'm fine. Well I'm not - but I will be with the miracle of time with nothing worse than a scar on my right foot of all places (a lesson there about wearing sensible shoes perhaps). But at the moment I'm in a bit of poor shape. I haven't slept a full nights sleep for what seems like forever; I'm in a fair bit of pain, especially in the neck and shoulders and staying at a desk for any real period of time is a bit of a no-no right now. Whether it's a combination of the above or whatever I'm taking these days to wobble through the day I'm not sure but my head feels stuffed full of cotton wool 24/7 as well so not scoring high on the clarity of thought front either. Not exactly ideal for making test builds, clearing bugs and wrapping things up.
Sadly, one of the problems of not being a spry twenty year old is that you don't quite bounce back from things as quick as you once did. Especially, if like me, you've have had multiple shoulder/neck injuries before (this isn't my first rodeo...). Torn muscles take a while to sort themselves out for example (and hurt like buggery if you move just so...).
But all of this will pass and my hopes and dreams of one day driving the route of the Mille Miglia* remain intact. Not something that can be said about my car which, last time I saw it, was in slightly more pieces than a respectable motor vehicle has any right to be in.
I would have posted something, anything earlier but....see above. It's painful to type so imagine what it was like if we rewind a week or so. Tweeting something would have been a possible as I keep that on my phone (for security it's the only the game related thing I do have on there) but I've honestly no idea where my phone is these days (three guesses who uses their phone for sat-nav).
Refunds and whatnot
So I only ended up doing about two weeks last month. Ordinarily, you know me, I'd have refunded April instead of pausing May but I'm afraid that wasn't an option for me given....um. I spent it all on the 3090ti (of which more in a bit). Pausing this month seemed to be the best option available to me. Well that or keep the billing open but some of you know my strong thoughts on patreonage and work done so that one wasn't going to happen.
So how long am I down for?
Another week? Maybe two? I'm as keen to ship this chapter as you are to play it but I don't see any mileage for any of us if by getting back to it too early I end up knocking myself back. I'll keep progress in view and let you know. If it looks like I'm not going to be able to do enough work in May then I'll probably pause again to be honest but let's see how quick I knit back together again.
But, to re-iterate, I will be fine. Nothing is broken or missing. There aren't pieces of dev strewn down the road. It's really just a case of letting myself get better and then, thrilling scar excluded, I'll be as fine as I was before this interruption.
Chapter Five
Not a lot to say to be honest on the chapter itself. As far as I'm concerned it's done bar the testing and the Bored Pilot cover girl (something to do while the boys test ofc). There was one optional scene I ended up dropping as it turned out I'd have to be Pixar to pull it off. A pity but aim for the stars and sometimes you reach the moon and all that.
Amanda's dinner party scene remains as cursed as hell in anticipating real life events but I'm not minded to change it again as a) it would slow things down even more; b) it's not as screamingly in your face as Afghanistan was so I think I can get away with it and c) what if I wrote something else and unleashed some new fresh hell on the earth? Oh. Pro-tip....don't make any plans to go to Burma over the next twelve months would be my advice. Just in case. (seriously, you chaps in Langley, Virginia should drop me a line. I'm better at this stuff than you are. My rates are pretty cheap too...)
Other than that it looks pretty good. The refresh especially (lore junkies are going to have a whale of a time...). The tactical combat, strip poker, VR, Annie's and Trisha's scenes...all of them look pretty damned sharp to me and play well too.
So on the whole, I'm happy and I expect (and hope!) you will be too.
The 3090ti!
It arrived! My long suffering friend took delivery last week (I never buy anything game related directly myself, using a third party instead. Especially anything that requires an address) and brought it over at the weekend. Even better they set it up for me too. Well, sort of. There is a pile of software and Daz files etc I need to transfer over but that can wait a while yet as Five is in the can more or less (and there's a big clue to how rough I am right now. I haven't rendered anything on the new machine. Given how long I've been moaning about needing one....).
But they key thing is I have it. I now have the speed and power I so desperately craved so once again, thank you. I'll do some speed tests when I'm a bit more able and let you know what the scores on the doors are but if I'm not at least cutting the production time by more than half I'll be shocked.
And finally....
One of the things I've been tweaking this year is my workspace. Well I spend a lot of time on the game so...The notty den!

(Yes, my mate takes crappy photo's. He knows)
That's the 3090ti on the bottom right. Big sod isn't it? Five fans no less. The 2080 is in the middle and skulking at the back left is the 2070. A flick on a switch and some keyboard jiggling allows me to use the 2080 and the 2070 on the one monitor.
I'm showing you this not for the purposes of "Look at all my stuff!" but more to show my commitment to this project. There's over £10,000 of hardware on show there with about half as much again in software and assets all raised by patronage. So...around $20,000 all in all at todays rate. All down to you. Thank you.

Stay (or become) lucky,

Notty

*The race itself stopped in the 50's but the route is still driveable. It's basically a 1,000 mile drive around Italy.

tonydurrant

Sep 17, 2019
Yesterday's news included news that the 3090ti system had arrived, so Notty included a photo of her workspace - here it is:

1651765091817.png

As Notty mentioned, it's the big beastie on the right. :)

There was also an image if Annie preparing Notty's 'medication' - here it is:

1651765416186.png

Best wishes go to Notty, and I hope the pain goes away and she feels better soon.

Reactions: Meushi

lnppo

Jun 23, 2018
Yesterday's news included news that the 3090ti system had arrived, so Notty included a photo of her workspace - here it is:

As Notty mentioned, it's the big beastie on the right. :)

There was also an image if Annie preparing Notty's 'medication' - here it is:

Best wishes go to Notty, and I hope the pain goes away and she feels better soon.
Don't really understand the point of upgrading 4 months before the 4000 series releases, imo.

DraKeoniS

May 11, 2020
Hello guys, can someone give me a couple of hint for the Blackmail path with Sarah? I think i push too much with her in chapter 1 because since then the only scene in which i saw her was the shower scene in ch 4, all the other time i try to talk to her she is either busy, Annie don’t want me to bother her, or my character just say it’s not the right time.

NeimadFR

Donor
Jul 1, 2017
I haven't played the blackmail path since chapter 1 but I seem to recall it hasn't progressed much since then so you might not have done anything wrong and it's just that the content is yet to come.

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes