Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
In the end, I can only ask one question: If Notty are really working on this game, why not just release an update? It's been more than 18 months now. Even if there was an accident, that's a ridiculously long delay. It also doesn't help to artificially inflate the alleged content more and more, just to have new excuses for the fact that there is nothing available to show.
Because it isn't ready? Why do you care so much if you don't like the game?

XaGnard

Aug 11, 2018
Because it isn't ready? Why do you care so much if you don't like the game?
Seriously, I think you should understand that I would never have given money if I didn't like the game.

What I find so disappointing is that more and more developers, instead of providing actual content, are switched into producing more and more excuses. That's especially unfortunate with developers who have actually had a good start, but then somehow got off track.

It doesn't help much to pretend that everything will somehow work out again. It's just more and more unlikely.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
In the end, also you have not any proof that this accident really happened.

Also, the idea alone that a mistrust in Notty could be reduced by simply having others make claims that are also not verifiable is pointless. That's just the way it is on the Internet. A healthy portion of skepticism is simply part of the game.

In the end, I can only ask one question: If Notty are really working on this game, why not just release an update? It's been more than 18 months now. Even if there was an accident, that's a ridiculously long delay. It also doesn't help to artificially inflate the alleged content more and more, just to have new excuses for the fact that there is nothing available to show.

One more thing, just to give you a little clarity: I have supported this game in the past. So I'm not here as someone who is just grumbling, but as someone who is justifiably disappointed. That's just the consequence of asking people for support and then fooling them.
What a difficult way to live your life. I'm sorry if you experienced something in your life that makes your default reaction to distrust and assume people are lying to you.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Seriously, I think you should understand that I would never have given money if I didn't like the game.
If you were, you would know that she does put out things for her supporters to test every so often, when she wants to get feedback on this part or that part. Can't remember what the last module was that we tested, but there are new things being shown all the time, they just don't get leaked.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Is that why this game is tagged abandoned, because the dev isn't transparent about her work, or doesn't post anything related to the game publically?
The reason why its been tagged abandoned is it went over 18 months since the last update.

The rules on here at F95 is 90 days without contact with dev on here or there main site or 18 months since it was updated regardless how active the dev is.

Reactions: ItzSpc

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Is that why this game is tagged abandoned, because the dev isn't transparent about her work, or doesn't post anything related to the game publically?
Purely arbitrary bullshit.
And some people seem to think they are punishing the dev because they are not as fast as they want, and think this will make them go faster or something.

XaGnard

Aug 11, 2018
If you were, you would know that she does put out things for her supporters to test every so often, when she wants to get feedback on this part or that part. Can't remember what the last module was that we tested, but there are new things being shown all the time, they just don't get leaked.
I haven't given any money since all the remastering started. That was a really long time ago.

Nevertheless, my point remains. Any previews or long explanatory texts are worth nothing. Actual output is what counts and here Notty is a laughing stock for a really frighteningly long time. So long that I think it is very likely that she has only done a fraction of what she claims to have done. Just enough to keep people like you in line.

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
You know, it's even healthy to be a little bit cautious and skeptical in life. But at some point, one has to think about what would be the actual benefit for those you doubt, unless you want to look like a paranoid. What is Notty getting by claiming she has done more than she has actually done? Nothing, she's been pausing pledges for a year now - and even putting out some minigames for free. What sense would it actually make to do so? Do you really think she is a sociopath who seeks constant validation and won't hesitate to resort to deception and lies to keep her followers happy? Considering you've been following her too, you must have seen how she works, how she likes to constantly improve and retouch her work, and you probably saw how she fried her old PC too. It's just more logical to assume all she says it's true, as it was before, than start seeing crazy conspiracy theories.

Or maybe think about why people like me, or Anne, or TothesNotTea, that are reasonably well-respected users in this forum (at least I'd like to think so) and who cooperate regularly (and free of charge) with other devs and users, are constantly saying that we believe in Notty's words because we're actually seeing what she claims she's done. Do you really believe we are that gullible? Do you think we're so mesmerized by her being a woman, as some idiot said sometime ago? Or do you think we are all taking part in this big conspiracy to lead people on so that Notty can keep earning 0 bucks? Wouldn't it be more logical to think that we are actually saying the truth, that some of us have tested some modules and can testify that her checklist is actually accurate? What's in it for us to gain, if not?

I don't like the current situation. I'm OK with the game being tagged as abandoned if that's the site's rule. I honestly think she should have released something at this point, even with all that has been going on in her life. There's a point where she should just stop doing minor adjustments and pack everything and release it. But I'm not making the game. She is. So all I can do is accept that this is how she works and she won't release anything until she's 200% sure that's what she'd like to release. And since she's not taking any money from me (nor from anybody else, mind you) I just can't understand why other people are so eager to call her out for something she is definitely not doing, as that suspicious behavior can be easily discarded just by applying a little bit of logical thinking. I guess the sunk cost fallacy also works with negationists.

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
I haven't given any money since all the remastering started. That was a really long time ago.

Nevertheless, my point remains. Any previews or long explanatory texts are worth nothing. Actual output is what counts and here Notty is a laughing stock for a really frighteningly long time. So long that I think it is very likely that she has only done a fraction of what she claims to have done. Just enough to keep people like you in line.
You're confusing Nottravis with Braindrop who has a history of lying to his patrons and then putting out crap work. In the end your opinion doesn't matter as you have no monetary input.

Hullahopp

Dec 26, 2018

The disadvantage of conspiracy theories is that you can fit everything into your theory after a while.

XaGnard

Aug 11, 2018
The disadvantage of conspiracy theories is that you can fit everything into your theory after a while.
What conspiracy? As I understand it, Notty is the only developer and therefore the only source of information.

It would not be the first case here where a developer starts to exploit this and tell more and more lies. The point is that in the end, progress can only be proven by content that is actually delivered. If there is still no update after more than 18 months, then everyone should ask themselves how seriously this project actually is.

Last edited:

Oddball2k

Woof, woof, woof!
Donor
Jun 1, 2018

I let you argue with yourself about what you are claiming:
I see F95 as an opportunity to get an overview, try some games out, see how they progress, and then find a few projects worth supporting. It is not only the quality of the game itself that plays a role here, but also the mindset of the developer (e.g. how much content per time is really generated; reliable of statements, ...).

Heavy Five is one of my favourites, but I haven't given any money yet. I wasn't so convinced by the idea of the re-master and I don't like all these delays either. I think that with this update we will see whether, after all the remastering, things are really moving forward again. Then is the time to think about pressing the corresponding buttons on Patreon.
That makes you a pathological liar, period.

DanteRed

Oct 28, 2020
What conspiracy? As I understand it, Notty is the only developer and therefore the only source of information.

It would not be the first case here where a developer starts to exploit this and tell more and more lies. The point is that in the end, progress can only be proven by content that is actually delivered. If there is still no update date after more than 18 months, then everyone should ask themselves how seriously this project actually is.
Mate, you're projecting. I get it, a lot of devs who do not update their game after a while are more likely scammers. We can agree on that.

But ffs, if you, and every other conspiracy theorist here have been told time and time again by not one, but several people that the game is being worked on and that the dev is active on her discord, twitter and small things did get released on her Patreon page, then why, oh why in the blazes of the unholy place, do you keep insisting that it's the other way around?

At this point, I can only conclude that you like the attention that you get. It's not even about proving your point. It's just about shit talking. Oh, you think I'm harsh for saying these things? Maybe I am but when I see people like you, who have been explained time and time again how things stand, who can make the effin research easily by checking the places that we keep telling you to check, then I can only conclude that you are attention seekers, who like the sound of their own voice.

She is a perfectionist. Does this drive me and several of her supporters mad from time to time? Yes, it does. Does she know of this? Yes, she does. Even so, she is trying to make this game as best as she can. Will this take a long time to make? The answer to this question is yes, again. Even so, at the end of the day, it's her project and she'll go at her pace. So you guys can moan and whine as much as you want because you will not be able to change her mind.

XaGnard

Aug 11, 2018
Mate, you're projecting. I get it, a lot of devs who do not update their game after a while are more likely scammers. We can agree on that.

But ffs, if you, and every other conspiracy theorist here have been told time and time again by not one, but several people that the game is being worked on and that the dev is active on her discord, twitter and small things did get released on her Patreon page, then why, oh why in the blazes of the unholy place, do you keep insisting that it's the other way around?

At this point, I can only conclude that you like the attention that you get. It's not even about proving your point. It's just about shit talking. Oh, you think I'm harsh for saying these things? Maybe I am but when I see people like you, who have been explained time and time again how things stand, who can make the effin research easily by checking the places that we keep telling you to check, then I can only conclude that you are attention seekers, who like the sound of their own voice.

She is a perfectionist. Does this drive me and several of her supporters mad from time to time? Yes, it does. Does she know of this? Yes, she does. Even so, she is trying to make this game as best as she can. Will this take a long time to make? The answer to this question is yes, again. Even so, at the end of the day, it's her project and she'll go at her pace. So you guys can moan and whine as much as you want because you will not be able to change her mind.
Of course, you can pretend that time doesn't matter, but that's just naive. In case of Notty, it may be just very poor project management, but i no longer believe in this theory. I now think it is quite likely that she is lying (thus deliberately telling the untruth), at least in part.

Nevertheless, if she really works on the game, she could also release updates. I mean, it's more than 18 months now, so it's really a ridiculously long delay.

I let you argue with yourself about what you are claiming:

That makes you a pathological liar, period.
If anything, I was mistaken, but definitely not lying. There is no reason for me to do so. No idea why I thought that at the time (post from 2021), but I definetiv paid money in 2019. I have just checked this.

Anyway, it doesn't change the problem with Notty. After all, it was Notty who asks for money for her work and not me. It would only be fair if she would also provide updates and not just talk.

Hullahopp

Dec 26, 2018

It would not be the first case here where a developer starts to exploit this and tell more and more lies. The point is that in the end, progress can only be proven by content that is actually delivered. If there is still no update after more than 18 months, then everyone should ask themselves how seriously this project actually is.
There has been no update for 18 months. On a pirate site. Which the developer does not visit. A developer who does not accept money.

In Western democracies, there is a presumption of innocence. This means that if you defame someone, you have to prove it, not the accused. What you are doing is shifting the burden of proof. No matter what we say, you sweep it off the table, claiming that we are all lying. That Notty made up the accident. That she's not working on the game. What proof do you have of that?

I have nothing against you. There is no such thing as bad publicity, at least your trolling keeps the thread alive. But if you're not just looking for attention, if you're serious about this, you're really paranoid. Do you think the patreon posts, the news on Instagram, the whole thing is really just to fool you? Why? For fun?

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
There has been no update for 18 months. On a pirate site. Which the developer does not visit. A developer who does not accept money.

In Western democracies, there is a presumption of innocence. This means that if you defame someone, you have to prove it, not the accused. What you are doing is shifting the burden of proof. No matter what we say, you sweep it off the table, claiming that we are all lying. That Notty made up the accident. That she's not working on the game. What proof do you have of that?

I have nothing against you. There is no such thing as bad publicity, at least your trolling keeps the thread alive. But if you're not just looking for attention, if you're serious about this, you're really paranoid. Do you think the patreon posts, the news on Instagram, the whole thing is really just to fool you? Why? For fun?
What if he's actually the one being paid by Notty to keep this thread alive and see how many of us are willing to defend her no matter what, so that she can keep lying and deceiving us while she makes absurd minigames for free instead of developing H5?

Everything fits.

XaGnard

Aug 11, 2018

As I see it, she currently makes more than 1000€ a month. That's less than other dev here, but not nothing either. Also, you should not forget that she has already collected a lot of money in the past.

I explain here why I think it is important that there are regular updates, and explain that unfortunately many developers lie. However, I don't think suing someone on the basis of a broken patreon promises is an good option, at least not for me.

Also, I don't believe in trolling, and I really mean it, when i say that I am disappointed with the progress of this game. So much so, that I really think that she is no longer working on it, or maybe only working on it very minimally (to maintain the illusion).

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
As I see it, she currently makes more than 1000€ a month. That's less than other dev here, but not nothing either. Also, you should not forget that she has already collected a lot of money in the past.

I explain here why I think it is important that there are regular updates, and explain that unfortunately many developers lie. However, I don't think suing someone on the basis of a broken patreon promises is an good option, at least not for me.

Also, I don't believe in trolling, and I really mean it, when i say that I am disappointed with the progress of this game. So much so, that I really think that she is no longer working on it, or maybe only working on it very minimally (to maintain the illusion).
How many times do we have to explain how Patreon works? She's not getting any money since April 2022 except one single pledge from those who have decided to join in since then (who are just a few). So even if you see '1,000 €', or '10,000 €', or even '1,000,000 €', that's not what she's earning at all because the monthly payments are not being processed. It's actually the money she's monthly rejecting from her patrons.

If you don't believe in trolling, you seriously are making a hard effort to look like one.

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes