Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020

It's the "I've got a little list" update...
Hello!
A quick(ish) update from me, short on waffle but looooong on detail this time.
Progress
Headline is I'm getting there and getting close. At the bottom of this post you'll find a combined changelog and list of outstanding things to do. You'll note that there's a hell of lot been done with the remainder not (hopefully) that onerous.
The past few weeks have been a bit (actually a lot) slower than I'd have liked. Putting aside I've been running with a stinking cold for most of that time* which hasn't exactly helped, I'm been wrestling with an animation series that has had a mysterious "not quite right" feel about it. But it's been waved under quite a lot of noses and I think we're there now. One bonus that came out of this was discovering a major short cut to reduce animation workload. It's so simple, God alone knows why I never thought of it before. I'm embarrased to say what even is but I've managed to save myself hours on set up going forward by it.
The last thing that slowed me down a bit was handling the extension to the night time scenes. By that I mean, allowing you more choices on an evening with multiple events. I'd tried a couple of things in terms of implementation but kept finding a better way. Getting the right balance between simplicity of coding and player ease proved to be more challenging that I expected (which might be down to being full of cold of course).
And, oddly for my progress updates, that's it.
Other stuff
The 2070 is quite merrily churning out animations for the bonus game, and I'm happy to just leave it to it.
Again, I'm waaaay behind on my messages. Sorry. Focus has been on delivery and I've not even been around my usual haunts such as discord or the forum even for the past few weeks. I'll ship more stuff to the testers and then I'll clear them all.
Patreon, naturally, remains turned off for charging.
The list....
Brace yourselves!

H5 Changelog
Completed work
Infrastructure

Menu and loading
One time screen warning
New theme music
Animated opening screen
Revised two stage animated menu
User Interface
Complete graphical redesign
Addition of new lore content and music player
Addition of in game achievements for both current and all playthroughs
Addition of new character event log to enable path availabilities
Refreshed NPC character cards, including removal of "emotion" trackers and addition of NPC inventory and ammunition status.
Revamped MC Character card including inventory, ammunition status, books/magazines and skills gained.
Refreshed repair database. Now combined into the PDA.
"Pop up" notifications for achievements, character updates, inventory items gained etc added/refreshed.
Message system added to PDA to enable player to communicate with NPCs.
Revised "talk box" NPC character design, reduction of talk screen size.
Tutorial
Becca's opening intro removed from all chapters. Replaced with a new "in-universe" introduction/tutorial.
Results
Becca's end of chapter discussion removed. Replaced with an "in-universe" results screen.
Intermission removed.
Free-roam map
Refreshed NPC images to match new "talk box" design.
Timer for moves remaining added.
Extended two stage night time move to allow more NPC interaction
Technical
Compression testing performed to find optimal high quality and optiomal smallest file size
Video testing performed across a range of machines to identify optimal video settings for animations.
Chapter One changes
Minor bug fixes/typo corrections.
Minor text amendments to script
Revised and extended opening chapter animation
Minor render corrections for Sarah at the start of the chapter
Graphical corrections to uniforms of male NPC officers.
Updated and revised/extended launch animations
Updated and revised/extended "crisis" sequence
Updated and revised/extended landing sequence
Coding amended throughout to enable new user interface changes
Sound and music updated throughout the chapter
"Bored Pilot" refreshed and extended in content
Chapter Two changes
Opening screen re-rendered to correct skin tone error on Chris and additional animation added.
Additional animation added for Trisha on meeting scene.
Revised "local" orders design to reflect new end results page
Mike's scenes re-rendered due to skin tone continuity error between chapters.
Trisha in the plant room re-rendered to correct it looking bloody awful...
Mechanics for plant room work refreshed to be clearer and more understandable.
New VR introduction to emphasise that player is now in a game and not H5 real world.
New VR combat GUI added to reflect new VR combat mechanics.
Updated and revised VR animations to reflect new mechanics and a few other things...
Channel 5 amended. "Sillier" content removed and replaced with new content/shows.
Updated and revised/extended Annie animation at the end of the chapter to bring it more in line with animations in Chapter Five in terms of quality.
Chapter Three changes
Opening animation polished for smoothness
Updated and revised VR animations to reflect new mechanics.
Channel 5 amended. "Sillier" content removed and replaced with new content/shows.
Chapter Four changes
Revised Annie dance animation
Boss fight amended on Caverns and Creatures
Chapter Five changes
Additional optional content added to Caverns and Creatures

Outstanding work

Chapter Three

Add communication system
Add two stage night events
Chapter Four
Update menu screen
Update orders to new design
Opening animation to buff up
Mechanics for plant room work to be refreshed
Marcus' data pad to update graphically
New VR combat GUI to reflect new VR combat mechanics.
Polish "Bobe" win animations
Channel 5 to amend. "Sillier" content to be cut and replaced with new content/shows.
Update and revise/extend Trisha animation at mine to bring it more in line with animations in Chapter Five in terms of quality.
Add back in previously deleted content for Chris's domme module
Coding to amend throughout to enable new user interface changes including new pop ups
New achievement system to wire in
Add communication system
Sound and music to update throughout the chapter
Chapter Five
Update menu screen
Add optional tutorial for 5 card draw poker
Weapon recoil adjustments on combat animations
Mechanics for plant room work to be refreshed.
Amend "Bobe" win bonus interface
Amend Tactical combat interface
Channel 5 to amend.
Coding to amend throughout to enable new user interface changes including new pop ups
Add communication system

Stay, or be, lucky
Notty

XaGnard

Aug 11, 2018

Hello!
Progress
Headline is I'm getting there and getting close. At the bottom of this post you'll find a combined changelog and list of outstanding things to do. You'll note that there's a hell of lot been done with the remainder not (hopefully) that onerous.
The past few weeks have been a bit (actually a lot) slower than I'd have liked. Putting aside I've been running with a stinking cold for most of that time* which hasn't exactly helped, I'm been wrestling with an animation series that has had a mysterious "not quite right" feel about it. But it's been waved under quite a lot of noses and I think we're there now. One bonus that came out of this was discovering a major short cut to reduce animation workload. It's so simple, God alone knows why I never thought of it before. I'm embarrased to say what even is but I've managed to save myself hours on set up going forward by it.
The last thing that slowed me down a bit was handling the extension to the night time scenes. By that I mean, allowing you more choices on an evening with multiple events. I'd tried a couple of things in terms of implementation but kept finding a better way. Getting the right balance between simplicity of coding and player ease proved to be more challenging that I expected (which might be down to being full of cold of course).
Other stuff
The 2070 is quite merrily churning out animations for the bonus game, and I'm happy to just leave it to it.
Again, I'm waaaay behind on my messages. Sorry. Focus has been on delivery and I've not even been around my usual haunts such as discord or the forum even for the past few weeks. I'll ship more stuff to the testers and then I'll clear them all.
The list....
Brace yourselves!

H5 Changelog
Completed work
Infrastructure

Menu and loading
One time screen warning
New theme music
Animated opening screen
User Interface
Refreshed NPC character cards, including removal of "emotion" trackers and addition of NPC inventory and ammunition status.
Revamped MC Character card including inventory, ammunition status, books/magazines and skills gained.
"Pop up" notifications for achievements, character updates, inventory items gained etc added/refreshed.
Tutorial
Becca's opening intro removed from all chapters. Replaced with a new "in-universe" introduction/tutorial.
Results
Becca's end of chapter discussion removed. Replaced with an "in-universe" results screen.
Intermission removed.
Free-roam map
Technical
Compression testing performed to find optimal high quality and optiomal smallest file size
Video testing performed across a range of machines to identify optimal video settings for animations.
Chapter One changes
Chapter Two changes
Opening screen re-rendered to correct skin tone error on Chris and additional animation added.
New VR introduction to emphasise that player is now in a game and not H5 real world.
Updated and revised VR animations to reflect new mechanics and a few other things...
Updated and revised/extended Annie animation at the end of the chapter to bring it more in line with animations in Chapter Five in terms of quality.
Chapter Three changes
Chapter Four changes
Chapter Five changes

Outstanding work

Chapter Three

Add communication system
Chapter Four
Update menu screen
Channel 5 to amend. "Sillier" content to be cut and replaced with new content/shows.
Update and revise/extend Trisha animation at mine to bring it more in line with animations in Chapter Five in terms of quality.
Add communication system
Chapter Five
Update menu screen
Channel 5 to amend.
Add communication system

Stay, or be, lucky
Notty

I had already a bitter sarcastic text to it almost ready, and then I decided to just let it go. It's just a shame to see how completely excessive prefektionism and a fair amount of gullibility in the community can be so damaging to a game. I don't believe in it anymore. I think it is even possible that there is no one working on the game at all any more. Maybe, the idea is now to just write more and more long apologies and TODO lists. Very sad. The start was really good, but no one needs a game that will never get beyond the introduction.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
She can post walls of text consistently every month but can't get Ch-5 out.
Well, you know there's people who achieve to write one line without brain, why not a courtesy post for the people who effectively support you ?

[...] and then I decided to just let it go.
Are you saying this to convince us, or to convince you ?

In July 2021 you were suspecting "that maybe something is really not going so well", hoping that the next update would be better.
In September 2021 you explained how disappointed you where but the said "next update" where "nothing really happened" (while clearly having past your time avoiding all possible the interactions since the beginning of the game, or being cursed and systematically picking the wrong option to all choices, even those where there's no wrong options).
Then you past the rest of the month saying how bad the game is, and implying how you don't want to come back to it.
And here you are, coming back one and half year later, to complain again, apparently expecting that someone will care more about your opinion than at those times.

The start was really good, but no one needs a game that will never get beyond the introduction.
As I said two weeks ago, you are waiting for something that will never come, completely misreading what the story talk about, and what the game is.
It's clearly not a game for you, what happen and is perfectly normal. You moved away one and half year ago because of this. Too bad that you came back, instead of letting us with this sweet memory of the adult you looked like at this time.

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
I had already a bitter sarcastic text to it almost ready, and then I decided to just let it go. It's just a shame to see how completely excessive prefektionism and a fair amount of gullibility in the community can be so damaging to a game. I don't believe in it anymore. I think it is even possible that there is no one working on the game at all any more. Maybe, the idea is now to just write more and more long apologies and TODO lists. Very sad. The start was really good, but no one needs a game that will never get beyond the introduction.
Build a time machine, stop the car accident

jan.spam

Mar 30, 2018

Hello!
Progress
Other stuff
The list....
Brace yourselves!

H5 Changelog
Completed work
Infrastructure

Menu and loading
One time screen warning
New theme music
Animated opening screen
User Interface
Tutorial
Results
Intermission removed.
Free-roam map
Technical
Chapter One changes
Chapter Two changes
Chapter Three changes
Chapter Four changes
Chapter Five changes

Outstanding work

Chapter Three

Add communication system
Chapter Four
Update menu screen
Add communication system
Chapter Five
Update menu screen
Channel 5 to amend.
Add communication system

Stay, or be, lucky
Notty
I believe even the gloomiest nay-sayer or the trolliest troll cannot truthfully look at such list and with a straight conscience blob "this game is abandoned, cos the rules say so." I mean, where will the world be, if even pirate sites of indy porn game stop following protocol, right? Total chaos.

The second criticism: "she's over-doing/thinking/working this" is indeed a valid point of view. She probably is. But there is absolutely nothing we can do about it. I am sure it will be polished to perfection when eventually it does come out, and I am sure I - personally - will notice max. 20% of the changes, at best. But we won't change the Dev, so save your breath and our eyes.

Udayana

Oct 19, 2021

Tutorial
Results
Intermission removed.

Stay, or be, lucky
Notty
I'll miss cute Becca and her cute friend.

Welfare. :love:

JD59

Jun 20, 2018

Hello!
Progress
Other stuff
The list....
Brace yourselves!

H5 Changelog
Completed work
Infrastructure

Menu and loading
One time screen warning
New theme music
Animated opening screen
User Interface
Tutorial
Results
Intermission removed.
Free-roam map
Technical
Chapter One changes
Chapter Two changes
Chapter Three changes
Chapter Four changes
Chapter Five changes

Outstanding work

Chapter Three

Add communication system
Chapter Four
Update menu screen
Add communication system
Chapter Five
Update menu screen
Channel 5 to amend.
Add communication system

Stay, or be, lucky
Notty
Still a whole lot to do, huh... I can understand the frustration. Hell, I'm a perfectionist myself when it comes to work. For games like this, I don't mind waiting for a long time as long as the dev(s) do(es) it right. So far, I didn't really hear any negative feedback so I still have good hopes for Chapter Five to deliver.

jan.spam

Mar 30, 2018
"I'll miss cute Becca and her cute friend."

they will be not be forgotten, *sniff*
#neverforget #bangingbecca #savetheintros #runbeccarun

1680290701598.png

• Sad
Reactions: Udayana
4.10 star(s) 64 Votes