Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
Only the UI and some animations are getting re-worked (plus the intro). The rest of the renders aren't as that's already been done once.

Idontplay

Oct 30, 2017
Nothing, i think. What if Notty is actually a man? What if we're all in the Matrix? What if this is all just someone's dream, like in Inception? Or a really weird LSD trip?
No, we just need a little bit of !

Fortunately, I am too stupid wise for philosophy. I like the game = Problem solved.
Fixed.

• Wow
Reactions: Hullahopp

STNeish

Mar 20, 2020
I'm puzzled.
There was a post earlier that explained the delay, notably, there was a car accident that took the developer out of action for a while.
So why the vitriol? Why the push to have the game declared abandoned (when it clearly isn't), and why the peevish satisfaction at getting it so declared?

I don't quite understand what you people are getting out of it.

Oddball2k

Woof, woof, woof!
Donor
Jun 1, 2018
It finally happened... The "Abandoned" tag... I'm surprised...

Good. It's about time this game got the "abandoned" tag. There hasn't been anything meaningful added in years and nothing done in 18 months.
Here for another round since Sep 1, 2021?

You already have shown us how misinformed you were and still are(as it seems) about the development of this game..

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

ItzSpc

Oct 7, 2020
You cannot renovate something that has not been built, it's literally impossible.
That is precisely the point I was making with my analogy, that was the underlining point. It's the fact Notty is doing that with her game instead of focusing on finishing it. That is how I see the situation and it's why it's taken her over 18 months to get chapter 5 completed. So either she's incapable of completing the workload she assigns to herself or her completionist attitude is crippling the project and it's a problem. Need I say more?

eddienova

Jan 11, 2021
I'm puzzled.
There was a post earlier that explained the delay, notably, there was a car accident that took the developer out of action for a while.
So why the vitriol? Why the push to have the game declared abandoned (when it clearly isn't), and why the peevish satisfaction at getting it so declared?

I think it's mainly because the developer has said she will be revamping past things she didn't like, instead of moving forward with releasing more chapters (this was pre-accident).

Reactions: ItzSpc

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I think it's mainly because the developer has said she will be revamping past things she didn't like, instead of moving forward with releasing more chapters (this was pre-accident).
Which, is quite worth it. The new ui is much better, and the game will easier to play because of it. Hints, an achievement system to help you know what you have done, and so much more.

Hullahopp

Dec 26, 2018
(sigh) Okay.

One: As Moskyx pointed out, the abandoned label doesn't matter much. Nottravis is working on the game.

Two: "Exceptio probat regulam" Either the rule applies to everyone, or forget it, because it doesn't make sense. I am sure Notty would not want an exception. She's too decent for that. (She won't take money either, but we've written that a few times.)

Three: If a rule is never broken, everyone forgets why it was made.
You probably know this:

Notty will climb up for the banana. Even if everyone tries to stop her. And then we can all eat bananas.

Hullahopp

Dec 26, 2018
I'm puzzled.

I know, I know! This is a reverse praise! (She must be doing something right if people are so interested.) Think how many people are now happy that the game is seemingly abandoned! A really great developer makes people happy even if he or she doesn't seem to do anything. ;)

NeimadFR

Donor
Jul 1, 2017
Reading some of you claiming the goal should be to finish the game before making it better makes me think that seeing the development of anything bigger than a VN would give you a seizure.
Iteration is the foundation of game development. AAA games will redo the same chapters dozens of times if need be to get it right.
It's not a race to the finish line, it's getting every individual pieces the best they can be until you have a complete product, and you can even push the finish line.

Jul 21, 2020
An Opinion is necessarily strong. If it isn't, then it's just an Hypothesis.
And an Opinion is necessarily unsufficiently informed. If it wasn't, wouldn't it be called a Fact ?
And about Facts, well... "The sun rises every morning" right ?

Seems to me Opinions aknowledge possible shortcomings more wisely than Facts, no matter how strongly you state them to sell them.

Fact : this project has been tagged as "abandonned" on F95z
Fact : 1238 pages of arguments and questions to this date
Opinion : who cares ? It can be removed when the development rythm gets back on track, can it not ?

Last edited:
Reactions: ItzSpc

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
It finally happened... The "Abandoned" tag... I'm surprised...

Good. It's about time this game got the "abandoned" tag. There hasn't been anything meaningful added in years and nothing done in 18 months.
Not wanting to kinkshame, but we seem to have a number of "abandoned tag fetishists" in the community.

Agree, its an absolute joke.
I'd have to disagree. The way some people are so invested in seeing their complaints result in an abandoned tag is more sad than funny.
I'm puzzled.

I wondered if there is some community somewhere where people act like Karens and get kudos when they get a tag applied. Or, as I said before, this is some new fetish I had not been aware of until now.
I can't even rewrite mine, got banned from resubmitting a review, because I tried to warn others.
Tried to warn others of what? Where you being a Filius?
Filius Canis I have to save them.jpg
Which still doesn't explain the vitriolic attitude. If no one is getting anything from it, why are so many calling for it? Yes, it's in the rules, but F95 is responsible for enforcing those, why do people feel the need to go out of their way and make an effort to call for it? Why show such satisfaction that it did get tagged (especially when it's clearly not going to remain tagged for long)?
Bragging rights?
Why do some people feel the need to "karen?" It apparently satisfies some emotional need.

Many of their excuses sound like concern trolling.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 64 Votes