Idontplay

Oct 30, 2017
Yes, it is a Ch.1 re-remastered (or a Ch.1-RR if you prefer) and the new intro is the only actual new content.
Anyway the differences with the previous releases are:
  • the interface is totally new (and better); this is the major change.
  • there is a totally new introductory scene (which I like very much), but to see all this new intro, you have to play also the tutorial, because if you skip it, you skip also all the armory scene; I don't know why.
  • now Becca is a character in the game, but I don't know if she will appear in this new intro or if she will have other scenes later.
[EDIT] Ah, I forgot! The Ch.5 should be released in two or three months.

Last edited:

Oddball2k

Woof, woof, woof!
Donor
Jun 1, 2018
Yes, it is a Ch.1 re-remastered (or a Ch.1-RR if you prefer) and the new intro is the only actual new content.
Anyway the differences with the previous releases are:
  • the interface is totally new (and better); this is the major change.
  • there is a totally new introductory scene (which I like very much), but to see all this new intro, you have to play also the tutorial, because if you skip it, you skip also all the armory scene; I don't know why.
  • now Becca is a character in the game, but I don't know if she will appear in this new intro or if she will have other scenes later.
[EDIT] Ah, I forgot! The Ch.5 should be released in two or three months.
Wow, you noticed only that.. It's very limiting, as if you were lying by omission to deny other hard work from the Dev.

The name is Chapter One v.1RS, not RR.

And what about:
. Menu and loading
. One time screen warning
. New theme music
. Animated opening screen
. Revised two stage animated menu
. Revised and extended opening chapter animation
. Sound and music updated throughout the chapter
. The revised/extended launch animations
. The revised/extended "crisis" sequence
. The revised/extended landing sequence
. "Bored Pilot" refreshed and extended in content

I think your knowledge with the evolution of this game is poor or even biased.

So, don't make that kind of statement without any caution from your part:
There isn't any mug in this release. If I'm not wrong in the achievement section there is a hint about what you have to find and were.
It may have been confusing and misleading for some readers of this thread... :cautious:

And finding Annie's mug is not an achievement, period!

Reactions: snakeplisskin

Oddball2k

Woof, woof, woof!
Donor
Jun 1, 2018
You still can't romance Trisha as female?
Well, it would be a major disrupt in the old saves, no?

So I'm rather confident that it would stay that way for now with the RS versions up to Chapter Four.. But nothing too spoilery from Chapter Five has transpired, stay tuned! ;)

Idontplay

Oct 30, 2017
Wow, you noticed only that.. It's very limiting, as if you were lying by omission to deny other hard work from the Dev.

The name is Chapter One v.1RS, not RR.

And what about:
. Menu and loading
. One time screen warning
. New theme music
. Animated opening screen
. Revised two stage animated menu
. Revised and extended opening chapter animation
. Sound and music updated throughout the chapter
. The revised/extended launch animations
. The revised/extended "crisis" sequence
. The revised/extended landing sequence
. "Bored Pilot" refreshed and extended in content
That is what I have meant when I have written new interface, since I don't think ajdop wanted a very detailed description of every single change made in this new release. In fact he hasn't even played the Chapter3-R, because there weren't great changes in the story.

I think your knowledge with the evolution of this game is poor or even biased.

So, don't make that kind of statement without any caution from your part:

It may have been confusing and misleading for some readers of this thread... :cautious:

And finding Annie's mug is not an achievement, period!
Can I suggest to you to do not make any kind of statement about the others? You could be the one with poor or even biased knowledge about them. In fact I wasn't mislead by my lack of knowledge, but by the new achievement menu and by the fact there isn't no way to spot the mug in this new release: in the past release you could catch a glimpse of it in the dark, in this new one no.

Reactions: Kaintfm

Oddball2k

Woof, woof, woof!
Donor
Jun 1, 2018
Can I suggest to you to do not make any kind of statement about the others? You could be the one with poor or even biased knowledge about them. In fact I wasn't mislead by my lack of knowledge, but by the new achievement menu and by the fact there isn't no way to spot the mug in this new release: in the past release you could catch a glimpse of it in the dark, in this new one no.
After your nine posts in three days, with some of them that were literally walls of text.. It revealed a lot, thanks.

I wasn't sure about your under minded state till then, but your categorization has drastically changed now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Idontplay

Oct 30, 2017
After your nine posts in three days, with some of them that were literally walls of text.. It revealed a lot, thanks.

I wasn't sure about your under minded state till then, but your categorization has drastically changed now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
What can I say? If someone doesn't agree with me, I'm okay with it.

Good advice. You should use it yourself to avoid such statements as this one :
Why? This is what Notty said in her Patreon page
Releases will be every couple of weeks, sometimes even weekly and will be in the following order:

Chapter One

Chapter Two

Strip Philosophy Ping Pong*

Chapter Three

Chapter Four

New Trailer

Chapter Five
So to suppose we should have the chapter five in two or three months isn't wrong, since every week has seven days and (almost) every month has 30/31 days.

Last edited:

NeimadFR

Donor
Jul 1, 2017
Why? This is what Notty said in her Patreon page

So to suppose we should have the chapter five in two or three months isn't wrong, since every week has seven days and (almost) every month has 30/31 days.
Terribly sorry. I'm the one with poor knowledge on that one. I forgot that piece of information.

Reactions: Idontplay

Oddball2k

Woof, woof, woof!
Donor
Jun 1, 2018
The plan isn't one chapter a week?
No one can really predict the release frequency of elements in this exhaustive list till the release of Chapter Five:
. Chapter Two
. Strip Philosophy Ping Pong
. Chapter Three
. Chapter Four
. New Trailer
. Chapter Five

But, let's rewatch the Chapter Five last trailer:

Oh yeah, the release schedule is "THIS SUMMER" for the last element of the list above-mentioned. It's the only thing tangible so far.
And starting this Saturday(GMT), it will be exactly two months till the last day of Summer.

So, imho, the launch of Chapter Five will be between Friday first of September and Saturday sixteenth of September, one attempt each week more or less one day.

oddball pos waves.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaun Karr

Idontplay

Oct 30, 2017
The plan isn't one chapter a week?
Notty has said she will release something every couple of weeks and sometimes even weekly, but in these release she includes also the new trailer and this "strip philosophy ping pong".

brody990

Jun 11, 2017
Notty has said she will release something every couple of weeks and sometimes even weekly, but in these release she includes also the new trailer and this "strip philosophy ping pong".
Also said some things might release at the same time so SPPP could drop with either chapter 2 or 3 and the trailer could drop with chapter 4

JD59

Jun 20, 2018
So does the MEGA have Ch 1-3 as one and 4 is separate?
Only Chapter One for now, the next ones will come later :

It's the "Good news!" update...
Well, hello!
And good news it does appear to be as, for once, I'm not going to prattle on about development, graphics design, rectifying gameplay faults or, indeed, anything problematic. Instead, I'm going to talk about releasing content.
I can wait a moment if you need to pick yourself up off the floor? ;)
Ready? Ok then...
The "cut to the chase bit" is that in a couple of weeks I'm going to start putting up fresh downloads. There has been some discussion with the testers over whether I should wait until we had absolutely everything tested and cleared and then do a single drop or whether, since we're testing each refreshed chapter in order, update as we go.
Given that there is a lot of new content in each chapter, even if only animations, I decided that I may as well release chapter by chapter. After all it has no impact on the final release date of Five and the only real difference is that completed work is available for you if you want it as opposed to just sitting on my hard drive.
Of course, this also puts the decision in your hands. You can download each chapter as they come out or simply wait until Five drops and do a single download then. You don't need me to make that decision for you. As discussed before, chapters will be in both HD and compressed versions for your convenience.
Releases will be every couple of weeks, sometimes even weekly and will be in the following order:
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Strip Philosophy Ping Pong*
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
New Trailer
Chapter Five
Secret Project 2**
Bonus Pack

Why not release work now? Why the couple of weeks?
To allow a bit more time for testing and animation corrections. Once I start dropping content I want it to be consistent and frequent.
Heavy Five was always a complex little game and that's even more so now. There is still some work the testers haven't seen and I want the final product to be as perfect as possible for you and so I want a little space to ensure the guys have had sufficient time to try and break it. On animations (and, crikey there are a lot of those) although I'm happy they play smoothly enough I also want to ensure that there's nothing I've missed. i.e. no small clipping or other errors which haven't been noticed. Bugs are quick to fix, animations less so. Hence a bit of padding timewise.
Plus I have some admin to do. I need to re-jig the Patreon page (Patreon are doing some format changes so I need to completely update it), clear a ton of messages and generally clear the decks and do some housekeeping before I start dropping releases.
Do I need to play through everything again?
No. In doing the re-design I've worked pretty hard to ensure that this refreshed version remains compatible with your old saves, building the new interface on the old code. The only thing that won't work completely with your old saves will be the "all game achievements" module as this required a different set of coding. So my advice, for what it's worth, would be to do a playthrough on the new version just to see what is new and then use your old saved games as you see fit. But it's your call of course.
How much more work is left to do?
Testing and, any, animation corrections, a bit of re-wiring on Chapter Five and some work on the two "secret projects". That's it.
What on earth are the "secret projects" and why have you done them?
Well, they're a secret? So.... ;)
But I'll go so far as to say that one of them is additional in-game content and the other is something useful.
Do you have a solid date for Chapter Five?
Yes. But sod's law if I say when, no doubt something will go wrong. I'd rather not tempt fate at this point.
Does this mean you're going to start charging again?
Not as yet. Charging will remain off until Five is released. You didn't ask for this work to be done and even though it is a massive improvement on what we had before and makes the game a whole lot better, it doesn't feel right to me to expect you to support it.

And I think that's it from me for now. As an aside the new working hours are working a lot better for me, dev-wise that is. Whether I'll continue doing it once all of this is out of the door I don't know. Crunching "real life" means I have less time during the week for things such as Discord, Twitter etc (hence my almost complete absence from social media gubbins of late) so we'll see. What I do know is it has allowed me to be able to focus more of late and nail some of more complex stuff a lot more easily. But so far as the above goes, it was the right call. I should have probably done it earlier but "Shoulda, woulda, coulda" doesn't get you anywhere does it?
Thanks once again for your continued interest and patience. Stay, or be, lucky.

Notty

* Given the show it's based off is in Chapter Two, it seemed a good idea to drop this here.
**Not a typo. There's also a Secret Project 1, but that's hidden in Chapter Five. I've been a busy little bee...

Idontplay

Oct 30, 2017
So does the MEGA have Ch 1-3 as one and 4 is separate?
Actually not. The link Ch.1-R is for the "re-remastered" release of the first chapter (the remastered release of the remastered release of the chapter), so it is the newest release of the game and the link Ch.4-R is for the remastered release of the first four chapters (their first remastered release), so it is the older one. I know it can be pretty confusing, since someone could think the Ch.1-R is the old release and the Ch.4-R is the new one, while actually is the other way around, but that is the way it is.

Last edited:

Idontplay

Oct 30, 2017
All the game was already remastered. But it seems both the first than the second interface weren't able to deliver effectively all the informations to the player, so she decided to create a new one; if I remember correctly what Notty said.
Yes, it can be pretty frustrating to have a new remastered release, but it is compatible with the old saves and the fifth chapter will be release around August or September.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 64 Votes