Oddball2k

Woof, woof, woof!
Donor
Jun 1, 2018
I thought CH 1 was already remastered? Why did she remaster it again?
Remaster is a wrong term for this Chapter 1RS..

So here are the reasons why:
Why is there a new Chapter One?

It's less a new chapter and more of a polished one. And it's not just Chapter One. All five chapters have
been polished and updated. You remember I said I spotted a lot of faults that had to be addressed? I
addressed them.

The old interface was awful. It looked terrible and wasn't very useful or clear. So it's been improved to
rectify those issues.

Path guidance was not existent. This has been a major buff. I haven't gone so far as to provide a
walkthrough as I dislike the concept of them to be honest. That becomes less you playing the game and
more you following a series of steps typed out for you. But H5 has so many path that it would be easy to
not even realise the content existed. So now there is both a "major plot point" path identifying together
with individual ones for each character. Both done on a chapter by chapter basis. Why both types? Well
you as the player may just want to have an idea over character content without accidently revealing any
story points. It's just a way to give you a bit of flexibility in how you play.

Immersion destruction. Prior versions of H5 had an introduction from Becca. she'd explain the chapter,
any new features and then say how'd you done at the end of the game. It was cute and fun and she was
quite popular in some places but...she did kill any immersion in the game. So she's gone, replaced by a
new "in-universe" start and tutorial and with an "in-universe" results scene.

Animation buffs. The old ones weren't too awful but I had a lot of power sitting around whilst I re-coded
the game and added extra and new content. Polishing the animations seemed a bit of "no-brainer" as they
could run whilst I was busy.

Tone. H5 isn't exactly a dark game but it is a semi-serious one in places. In some parts of the game,
especially things like Channel Seven, I'd just gone over the top. It wasn't that the jokes were bad but they
were out of sync with the rest of the game. These tonal errors have been corrected.

Gameplay. H5 is more than just a visual novel. In some places there is extensive gameplay. I'm thinking
especially about the combat in both "real life" and the VR model. And...it was terrible mechanics wise.
It's all had a major re-write to make it more of a game where the player has some agency than before.
This also applies to the mechanics repair section which was just a confusing mess. This has also been
entirely replaced with some much clearer.

So, basically, the older versions, although they had their merits, were also quite lacking in places.
Hopefully the above work goes some ways to rectifying all of this.

But why? If my patreons were happy before, why do any of the above? Well, quite simply I want to give
them the best game I can possibly make.

I hope you enjoy the game.

Notty

Last edited:

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
Remaster is a wrong therm for this Chapter 1RS..

So here are the reasons why:
"Polished"? Polished? Polished!!? .....No I think that's definitely the wrong term for this level of an update. You don't change the whole UI, add Scenes and characters on ALL the chapters and call it a polish if this '1st chapter taste' of the changes is any indication of what she's done.

"Modified and UPdated" is the least I would go IMHO! ...But it looks so different, 'Remastered' almost qualifies.

But let's not quibble over specific words. This is the third time Notty has done major changes to this game and during development, that is entirely within her right to do so. If she's happy with this iteration, we may at last proceed with new chapters and story. I look forward to that!!

downtoo2015

Sep 21, 2022
I just discovered this game, and I'm kinda disappointed. I'm doing the third chapter, and for now I just squeezed a nipple in chapter one and got in chastity in chapter two. Is it an adult game? Is there a sex scene at least? Maybe because I'm into female domination?

Beyond that, this game is very well done!

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
I just discovered this game, and I'm kinda disappointed. I'm doing the third chapter, and for now I just squeezed a nipple in chapter one and got in chastity in chapter two. Is it an adult game? Is there a sex scene at least? Maybe because I'm into female domination?

It's not based around sex like most AVN's so the sex scenes will take longer to get to.

JD59

Jun 20, 2018

There are sex scenes, it's just the build-up that takes some time. Check the walkthrough to find them :

Alright then! Here is my walkthrough!

• Covers sexy renders in relevance to each major character-focused routes.
  • Covers all the important choices for every major route of every girl.
  • Does not cover every bit of story, lore or jokes. Play the game, if you want to know more and laugh more.
  • Does not cover freeroam content (clickables) unrelated to character paths.
  • It is not based on the code and it doesn't contain stat changes. No peeking under the hood.
  • No snarky remarks, suggestions to the dev, or any other inappropriate content.
  • If you like the game, despite playing with a walkthrough, consider supporting Notty on her Patreon.
  • I'll be continually updating this as new chapters are released.
I appreciate feedback, if you think I got something wrong. Of course, the feedback I want to see the most is: "I don't care about your stupid walkthrough, I'll always play Heavy Five without it".

NOTE: Walkthrough for Chapter Four is up. There are a few parts I left incomplete. Those will be added once a patch is released. Those will be added at some point in the future. I have other priorities at the moment, sorry.

Kagarus

Sep 28, 2017
should i play Ch. 4 before Ch.1 R ? or it's included in Ch.1 R ?
It's not included, since Ch. 1R is a remake. Whether you want to play the old version first depends on how patient you are, the remade chapters

Reactions: Light86

slider

Jul 14, 2017
I'm glad to see the game gaining traction again. I know that there's been a colossal amount of work behind scenes and that some of the changes asked for the old episodes to be re-re-released before proceeding, but still the wait has been frustrating. Specially because I held back playing ep. 4 in order to have a proper immersive experience once the new UI and episode integration were finished.

Now I'm back into the game and I'm enjoying it as much as the first time, playing the episodes as they release.

I've encountered a problem in ep. 2, though. Annie animations won't play at all while doing sexy times. It's strange, because all other animations seem to be working fine. Does anyone else have the same problem?

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
I'm glad to see the game gaining traction again. I know that there's been a colossal amount of work behind scenes and that some of the changes asked for the old episodes to be re-re-released before proceeding, but still the wait has been frustrating. Specially because I held back playing ep. 4 in order to have a proper immersive experience once the new UI and episode integration were finished.

Now I'm back into the game and I'm enjoying it as much as the first time, playing the episodes as they release.

I've encountered a problem in ep. 2, though. Annie animations won't play at all while doing sexy times. It's strange, because all other animations seem to be working fine. Does anyone else have the same problem?
Are you playing the compressed version or the proper one?

Lillen B.

Oct 18, 2017
Been away from the game for quite a long while! Where are we at with the female Annie route?
The last thing I remember is 'Something-something witches. Spank me, Mommy; I dare you! *Evil lesbian cackle*' Is that still the endgame, or is the pool scene in?

brody990

Jun 11, 2017
Been away from the game for quite a long while! Where are we at with the female Annie route?
The last thing I remember is 'Something-something witches. Spank me, Mommy; I dare you! *Evil lesbian cackle*' Is that still the endgame, or is the pool scene in?
we're in new UI territory so the game is being rereleased chapter by chapter, hoping for chapter 5 (the new content) by mid september to see the progress BUT chapter 3 remaster should be out any time from tomorrow tp next weekend according to the schedule that Notty set out

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Udayana
4.10 star(s) 64 Votes