Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
*sings a song to keep her amused as she spot renders Chadwick's hair repeatedly*

*to the tune of "Oh Lord won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz"*

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a GTX 1070ti card;
My competitors all have one, and I try so hard!
I've only 2 gig, for a style that's avant-garde;
Oh Lord, won't you buy me a GTX 1070ti card.

The things I could do with the right IT kit;
I know how to compose, and make proper tits.
Delights I could make, if from Patreon I'm not barred;

I know how to plot, and make my girls so real;
The guys who are playing, will get hit in the feels.
The choices they make, could well leave their hearts scarred;

*has perhaps had too much coffee*

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Thank you, your renders are amazing! I see, and you never use Iray preview right? That makes my computer freeze, but its very useful for lighting(which is very hard to do right), well your like me then, i honestly loath DAZ but we want to see the results... I will take your advice and remove more stuff and maybe what you do is put it together in Photoshop later? :unsure:
No I never use the Iray preview. My PC would explode. When I think I have it right, I render to window to start with to have a peek. If it's OK and I can batch render it (some scenes I can, others I cant) then I let it run overnight.

I'll also separately save any good light set ups I've made to import later and use again.

I can't say 're Photoshop. I use paint.net for adding together layers. I'm afraid I really am running this on a very basic set up.

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
To be frank as the game goes on, I honestly don't see how anyone will have time to explore all the paths. You'd need at least six saves which is going to start to get boring replaying chunks of the same game I'd have thought. I should explain that there is a lot of content in my chapters. Some of it is quite small variations of course, but I really am trying to make your choices matter and stack up. But I suppose my aim is to make the game tailored to your choices, as opposed to being surface dressing or just resulting in different endings. I -think- in Chapter One nearly every choice you made had some impact. Certainly this is true for Chapter Two which is a considerably bigger game.

It's why I can never see anyone successfully doing a walkthrough for H5.
That is what holding the ctrl key is for. It fast forwards through anything you have already seen, then stops on anything new, or choices.

PowerDildos

May 30, 2017
(Just want to apologise for derailing H5 discussion with more DA stuff)

Agreed, the story, dialogues and characters are still very good in later installments. For me, it's the combat that is getting worse and worse, and the main reason why my progress in DA:I crawled to halt.
My advice for that is to simply forget all about the various open areas, lower the difficulty, and simply do the main story. I also abandoned my first play though due to exploration exhaustion before returning to it half a year later to finish it. I can promise you that it is well worth it, especially if you play the post-epilogue Trespasser DLC.

Yeah, that and even in DA:O, after paying $60 you got a pay $20 more for day one locked DLC for the Watchers Tower or something quest in your first camp/hub.

There used to be a two hour loop of this but it's like how combat went.

There was also a long vid of EA marketing, things like 'If we get 50,000 likes we'll unlock this weapon in game'. Buying likes pre release. *shudder*.
I thankfully jumped on the DA train a few months before the release of DAI, and as such got the ultimate editions to both DAO and DA2 for cheap. I can imagine that being really annoying though, at least they had a fairly good DLC strategy for Inquisition.

EA really is so awful beyond words! :mad: I loved DA: O but the others, they are so much worse, Bioware, totally dead, and inquisition, one of the worst games i ever played...
Alright, I'll bite. *Puts on debating cap* :cool:

As someone who finds DA2 and DAI flawed, extremely so in some aspects, yet still consider them good games as a whole, what aspects makes you hate them?

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
That is what holding the ctrl key is for. It fast forwards through anything you have already seen, then stops on anything new, or choices.
Which isn't how the game is meant to be played of course as I don't feel it would then really make sense or have dramatic impact. But up to the player of course. I still don't believe a full content playthrough as we get further in is in the slightest bit viable. Choices will have to be made.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Which isn't how the game is meant to be played of course as I don't feel it would then really make sense or have dramatic impact. But up to the player of course. I still don't believe a full content playthrough as we get further in is in the slightest bit viable. Choices will have to be made.
Sorry, I should explain a bit more.

This is part of the design of H5. To make many multiple runs, if not impractical, at least difficult. For what weight does a choice have, if it can be just undone?

Now I'm not saying you can't undo choices but I really do want the players pulse to rise a little on occasion - and not just from lewds.

PowerDildos

May 30, 2017
Oh, no need to debate me, i understand everyone likes different stuff and think thats awesome :D i think DA2 was a good game, but was disappointing and more an hack-and-slash game than Biowares other games(to me), and DAI was just awful in terms of everything, and the camera problems made it unplayable to me, which made me super sad since i love the dragon age universe as a story lore etc. :(
Yeah that's definitely fair enough. DAI was definitely disappointing on many aspects, but the things that really makes me enjoy the games, that is to say the story and companions didn't disappoint imo. Sure, the main antagonist was a bit of a letdown towards the end, but even so I think the story overall does have some really fantastic moments. When you say unplayable btw, does that mean that you never finished the game, or?

Sorry, I should explain a bit more.

This is part of the design of H5. To make many multiple runs, if not impractical, at least difficult. For what weight does a choice have, if it can be just undone?

Now I'm not saying you can't undo choices but I really do want the players pulse to rise a little on occasion - and not just from lewds.
I'm personally going to do my initial runs as you intended, but the completionist in me is going to make me want to explore and squeeze as much content as I can from it all, which will likely involve me ctrl skipping some parts in order to reach unseen content. For me personally it doesn't really ruin the overall experience or cheapen it though.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
I'm personally going to do my initial runs as you intended, but the completionist in me is going to make me want to explore and squeeze as much content as I can from it all, which will likely involve me ctrl skipping some parts in order to reach unseen content. For me personally it doesn't really ruin the overall experience or cheapen it though.
Similar for me. I intend to do 100% roleplay the first few runs with different character mindsets. If I make a "wrong" choice, well too bad, should've thought better. I'll just stick with it.

But then I will look for all the little things I missed, because I'm sure they are too well done to ignore. Although, I suppose at some point some content will really be optional for me.:)

GhostPhil

❤︎The Redhead Harem Master❤︎
Donor
Sep 3, 2018
Thanks, what is the best name for chars like that? Like Elena from DMD or Sophia from Melody? Teens, petites, lolis? Idk, i honestly think probably teens is the best one?
I would say teens. Basicially every little sister in a game is a teen ;)

To be frank as the game goes on, I honestly don't see how anyone will have time to explore all the paths. You'd need at least six saves which is going to start to get boring replaying chunks of the same game I'd have thought. I should explain that there is a lot of content in my chapters. Some of it is quite small variations of course, but I really am trying to make your choices matter and stack up. But I suppose my aim is to make the game tailored to your choices, as opposed to being surface dressing or just resulting in different endings. I -think- in Chapter One nearly every choice you made had some impact. Certainly this is true for Chapter Two which is a considerably bigger game.

It's why I can never see anyone successfully doing a walkthrough for H5.
I actually didn't thought that the choices have such a big impact. But that's great!
*has perhaps had too much coffee*
The song is awsome :D and you can never have too much coffee :D

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Yeah that's definitely fair enough. DAI was definitely disappointing on many aspects, but the things that really makes me enjoy the games, that is to say the story and companions didn't disappoint imo. Sure, the main antagonist was a bit of a letdown towards the end, but even so I think the story overall does have some really fantastic moments. When you say unplayable btw, does that mean that you never finished the game, or?

Fair enough. :)

Reactions: TheDevian

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Similar for me. I intend to do 100% roleplay the first few runs with different character mindsets. If I make a "wrong" choice, well too bad, should've thought better. I'll just stick with it.

But then I will look for all the little things I missed, because I'm sure they are too well done to ignore. Although, I suppose at some point some content will really be optional for me.:)
Isn't all content optional ;)

Reactions: Akamari

PowerDildos

May 30, 2017
Yes, same i love the companions and storys so much :( yes, sadly, i wanted too but the camera control / mouse and menus, made it for me so i could not see whats going on and where to move etc, and also the constant flashing of things(like the portals etc, theres loads of flashing lights in the game) hurt my eyes alot :cry:
A real shame to hear that, you are really missing out. Perhaps you could try to lower the effects setting in graphics along with others settings, and put the game on easy/casual difficulty just to get the story? :unsure:

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Isn't all content optional ;)
To a completionist/100%er there is no such thing as optional.

Zelda breath of the wild, you "needed" 441 out of 900 koroks to increase inventory space. The completionists got all 900, because they are addicts.

I have 3 save files going on for your game right now, 1 nice, 1 middle, 1 bad guy, I intend to see them all through.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
To a completionist/100%er there is no such thing as optional.

Zelda breath of the wild, you "needed" 441 out of 900 koroks to increase inventory space. The completionists got all 900, because they are addicts.

I have 3 save files going on for your game right now, 1 nice, 1 middle, 1 bad guy, I intend to see them all through.
*beams*
I'm actually really flattered the way you guys have leapt into this.

God, I hope you're all still here after Chapter Two!

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes