johnconnor

Jul 24, 2017
Of course I had brekkie! :)

Silk cut do count don't they? *thinks they do*

I appreciate the concern. Really :)

But I won't burn out. Promise. Has this month been a bit more frustrating than I would have liked?, well yes. But once past this month we shouldn't get a repeat so I can live with it. Besides, I love the girls and the story too much to just put it aside :)

I have on my wall a render of the very last scene from one of the four main - and most likely- story endings (I don't actually count your romances as being the main story line. This fish is bigger than that...). It's beautiful. I did a full max power, six hour render of the bugger before I started, and it's...beautiful. It's the best thing I've ever done and one of the best things I've ever seen Daz produce. In composition, lighting, structure...everything, it totes rocks.

It was the idea for this ending that made me make this game and, at times when I do feel a bit "what the fuck am I doing this for", I look at that picture and go "Shit...this is a story that has to be told." And tell it I shall :)
Just pressing the "Like" button isn't sufficient here. Steady on, don't burn out.

(Just play with pirate lasses when needed.)

Choronzon11

Jun 21, 2017
No, this is a fantastic idea. I look forward to seeing SPACE VAMPIRES.
Thinking about it afterward, the thought came to me that I actually *had* read a story where vampires and space were part of the narrative, though they were less 'i want to suck your blood' vampires and more 'we were ancient predators of humanity's deep past that were wiped out, but resurrected from dna'.

If you like hard sci-fi (the 'hard' here referring to adhering closely to realistic depictions of physics, and not what it does to your anatomy), check out Blindsight by Peter Watts.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Thinking about it afterward, the thought came to me that I actually *had* read a story where vampires and space were part of the narrative, though they were less 'i want to suck your blood' vampires and more 'we were ancient predators of humanity's deep past that were wiped out, but resurrected from dna'.

If you like hard sci-fi (the 'hard' here referring to adhering closely to realistic depictions of physics, and not what it does to your anatomy), check out Blindsight by Peter Watts.
No, this is a fantastic idea. I look forward to seeing SPACE VAMPIRES.
Sadly that was one of the side story lines I had to drop. Somewhere around the forum is my original dev blog for this (when it was called the "Journey", and a space vamp was going to be in it - albeit as an alien red herring/distraction...

But going over the script again in November I just knew I wouldn't have the render power to include it so....out it went. :(

GhostPhil

❤︎The Redhead Harem Master❤︎
Donor
Sep 3, 2018
Probs because I haven't posted any smutty pics? ;)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Well she really wants something :)

So yeah good morning and seriously don't push yourself too hard. Oh and I can totally wait till the evening or even further. I am on a birthday today and I am always glad to play a game right when it's out and not when the thread is flooded with spoilers :D

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017

So yeah good morning and seriously don't push yourself too hard. Oh and I can totally wait till the evening or even further. I am on a birthday today and I am always glad to play a game right when it's out and not when the thread is flooded with spoilers :D
Happy birthday!:)

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Hello. Will there be update today?
Fingers crossed, there will be. There is a technical issue being resolved.

Here are the details from the previous pages:

Guys, just peeking in to say it looks like it might be tomorrow. I added some new stuff to the PDA and it's being a total bitch to work right for some reason.

It's probs something stupid, and if I can't get it to work in the morning I'll strip it out.
Alrighties!

Who said smoking was bad for you! I've worked it out!

The good news is I think I've found the problem. It's to do with the PDA, and at first I thought it was some new content that I had added as it hadn't been giving me any problems earlier. However, that was when I was playing the complete set of chapters (I had to do that so I could try out the various paths and make sure they all worked). But that seems to be a red herring. I think the problem is, now that I'm testing the chapter as a stand alone, its something to do with the chapter splits. But it's 2am and I think I'm starting to go code blind at this point. I'll get some sleep and look at again in the morning now. I am sorry about this but thanks for your patience and understanding. At least we won't have another month like this one again!

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018

Well, you can always use them in the next game. Pirates, and space ships, and vampires ...oh my!

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Have a good rest!

It seems to me like releasing it together is the best solution, if it's working. I mean that's how pretty much everyone does the releases.

I mean the only reason why not to do that in my mind is because of the download size, right? That in my opinion is not a big deal if there are issues with the modular solution.

Reactions: Nottravis

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Have a good rest!

It seems to me like releasing it together is the best solution, if it's working. I mean that's how pretty much everyone does the releases.

Oh I know, but it's not viable long term. With each chapter -compressed- coming in at around 600mg it just can't be done, unless I cut the number of renders etc. No one in their right mind is going to download a 6gb renpy game :)

*also, isn't like everyone else ;) *

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes