johnconnor

Jul 24, 2017
Let's put it this way, nobody has any reason to dislike Chris yet. She has done nothing to the MC except flirt with her crew which she's known a lot longer than the MC has. There isn't any proof that the accusations are genuine and none of them have stuck.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Who is the sexual predator here?
Sexual opportunist, perhaps?

Reactions: Goblin Baily: DILF

johnconnor

Jul 24, 2017
I gots some theories of my own.

My theory about the mission is that someone up the chain of command wants Ophion shut down for their own reasons, probably Unobtainum or Advanced Alien Technology, if either exists, doesn't matter, they want the McGuffin. MC is sent down with orders to shut down the base if needed, and the person behind the curtain will pull the needed strings to make that decision happen. I suspect that one of the station crew is a double agent for the person behind the curtain.

Non-spoilery because, well, it's non-spoilery as of Chapter 1.

frap

Oct 17, 2018
I bet one route involves
Hmm - I wonder about that, though. Not good officer material carries further than just what field they're in. Sure, lots of butter-bars are scared of NCO's for the first few weeks, but any worth their rank get past that pretty quick. In fact, the ones that end up being the best officers moving forward use that time to learn from the NCOs around them. I get the sense from CH 1 that she's been wearing those bars long enough that she should be past it by now. Not saying she's hopeless, but in serious need of some confidence.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
The husband theory makes a lot of sense, given that he is a "senior mission officer", implying he may have some word into who and what gets allocated for the mission.

What I question is that the original ground engineer was Harris, his alleged lover. Did he want to get rid of them both? Was Harris a part of the scheme (plan A)? Was Vanguard sabotaged before or after she was replaced with the MC (plan B)? And what's with all the dubious cargo (excluding Annie's beer stash)? It doesn't seem like something you want to put on a starship that is about to have an "accident". (though that might be part of plan A) :)

Reactions: Nottravis

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
*peeks in and just smiles*

Since we're now poking around...

For those who want to try and work this out- you've missed a clue in Chapter One. It's small, not at all obvious but it is there.

It was in a "nothing" scene. One you would almost take to be filler material. But as you learn more as you go through the chapters it will underpin a lot of what happened to the Vanguard.

At the moment, I don't think you have enough information for it to stand out. So probs not worth replaying it tbh.

Its not even really needed to solve the mystery (not that its compulsory to do that of course - H5 can be played to whatever depth you wish to play it at) But they'll come a time when I get questioned on something and I'll just smile sweetly and point at that "nothing" scene... :)

frap

Oct 17, 2018

For those who want to try and work this out- you've missed a clue in Chapter One. It's small, not at all obvious but it is there.

It was in a "nothing" scene. One you would almost take to be filler material. But as you learn more as you go through the chapters it will underpin a lot of what happened to the Vanguard.

At the moment, I don't think you have enough information for it to stand out. So probs not worth replaying it tbh.

But they'll come a time when I get questioned on something and I'll just smile sweetly and point at that "nothing" scene... :)
And now we'll all be poring over EP1 again, looking at every detail, reading every bit of text (in text and images) and trying to find it.

You devious little fiend, you. :devilish:

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018

Its not even really needed to solve the mystery (not that its compulsory to do that of course - H5 can be played to whatever depth you wish to play it at) But they'll come a time when I get questioned on something and I'll just smile sweetly and point at that "nothing" scene... :)
My money is on Annie's drunken friend seeing something at night :p

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
So probs not worth replaying it tbh.
That actually works out perfectly for me.

While I do play to check out the story and see what unfolds and more importantly keep up with the forums .... my "main" playthrough won't be until you add Femc which probably won't be until the end by which time all the story will be there so I can go hunting for the little things all in one go.

That is of course I don;t go getting distracting by hunting boobs.

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes