Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
*taps chin and looks thoughtful for a mo...*

Things to consider:
  • How well funded is this whole exercise? (I mean the exploration, not the game dev!). There's been a few mentions/clues about this dotted around.
  • Ophion has now ended up a backwater due to the glories of Phoebe.
  • Ophion has an irregular sun.
I think the vitamin supplement thing has nothing to do with the military (btw. what is the military called?). We don't have any pills of our own in the equipment list for the mission, do we?

I assume if they were important for survival (due to Ophion's sun) we would have our own supplies. I mean we are there for five days at least (no guarantees Intrepid will be able to return by then) and since the contact with the station was lost we could have found it empty or destroyed.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
I think the vitamin supplement thing has nothing to do with the military (btw. what is the military called?). We don't have any pills of our own in the equipment list for the mission, do we?

I assume if they were important for survival (due to Ophion's sun) we would have our own supplies. I mean we are there for five days at least (no guarantees Intrepid will be able to return by then) and since the contact with the station was lost we could have found it empty or destroyed.

The military is just the regular military co-opted. Regimental and Squadron units however aren't used as its more of a combined arms task force than anything else. An attempt was made, however, for the various flying God's to be more formally bracketed into a group and suggestions were solicited from the flight crews.

Their suggestion of the "Combined United Nations Transport Squadron" got quite far until someone spotted it... After that no further attempt has been made to recreate a temporary squadron name and all branches are generally referred to as part of "Command".

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
The military is just the regular military co-opted. Regimental and Squadron units however aren't used as its more of a combined arms task force than anything else. An attempt was made, however, for the various flying God's to be more formally bracketed into a group and suggestions were solicited from the flight crews.

Their suggestion of the "Combined United Nations Transport Squadron" got quite far until someone spotted it... After that no further attempt has been made to recreate a temporary squadron name and all branches are generally referred to as part of "Command".
it was a nice name

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
It was always going to Ophion... That's the mission. I am just speculating... Remember that song Notty teased us? The one Annie is supposedly going to sing at some point? I'm trying to guess how that story goes.. knowing dollface, she will slip the lieutenant a conspiracy theory.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Over 24 hours of silence? Did this thread go down to Ophion and get stuck there with no way to communicate?
That seems to be the case.:)

Makes one really appreciate Mike and his unending efforts to keep the station running. Especially, as he's doing it alone. All it takes is for him to focus attention elsewhere for an extended period of time and communications go awol.:)

frap

Oct 17, 2018
I was going to reveal a bunch of spoilers about chapter 2 but a gang of hamsters broke into my house, cut my electricity and made off with my computer. Took me a while to get back up and running.
Well, at least the hamsters were busy there, so maybe they're leaving Ophion alone long enough to fix the station and

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes