Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Her Patreon says she will run quiet until release.

Couple more weeks of Notty-less life, I suppose?
If it's intentional, it is a very bad decision. Communication is everything in this business. I hope she'll come back, with or without next chapter, before the end of the month.

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
If it's intentional, it is a very bad decision. Communication is everything in this business. I hope she'll come back, with or without next chapter, before the end of the month.
It does seem like a bad decision, especially coming from someone as chatty as she was. The gap is just so much more jarring.

That being said, I hope nothing bad happened to her IRL, as I do miss her wiggling eyebrows.

For now, let's just follow the Count of Monte Cristo's last words: "Wait and hope" :p

frap

Oct 17, 2018
It does seem like a bad decision, especially coming from someone as chatty as she was. The gap is just so much more jarring.

That being said, I hope nothing bad happened to her IRL, as I do miss her wiggling eyebrows.

For now, let's just follow the Count of Monte Cristo's last words: "Wait and hope" :p
I saw the Patreon post when she made it - 18 days ago on April 1. I have two daughters - when one contacts me more than once every couple months I worry, and when the other doesn't contact me for more than a week I worry. I don't doubt they can take care of themselves, it's just a change in their communication pattern that worries me. Which is why I'm worried about Notty now.

It's not rational, and having only her online comms via Patreon and here to go by, not overly indicative of her true, IRL communication style. Still, I worry.

Sorry, Notty, for cyber-parenting.

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
I saw the Patreon post when she made it - 18 days ago on April 1. I have two daughters - when one contacts me more than once every couple months I worry, and when the other doesn't contact me for more than a week I worry. I don't doubt they can take care of themselves, it's just a change in their communication pattern that worries me. Which is why I'm worried about Notty now.

It's not rational, and having only her online comms via Patreon and here to go by, not overly indicative of her true, IRL communication style. Still, I worry.

Sorry, Notty, for cyber-parenting.
I hear ya, man. I merely wish to tread lightly on the thin line between being worried about Nottravis and making assumptions about her personal life. While all of us are well-intentioned, I want to avoid putting more pressure on her or coming across as those ghosts people that only know how to type "update when?". You know, when you're feeling down and having people worrying around you actually makes it worse...

Which is why I think the only choice we have is waiting for her return and hoping nothing serious happened.

Were she a friend I'd known in real life, I'd give a different speech, of course.

jdoch

Oct 16, 2017
I have two daughters - when one contacts me more than once every couple months I worry, and when the other doesn't contact me for more than a week I worry. I don't doubt they can take care of themselves, it's just a change in their communication pattern that worries me. Which is why I'm worried about Notty now.

We are fragile biological organisms sitting on a ball of dirt that barrels through a Void at over 100.000 kph, basically anything can kill you at any random moment. In 100 years all of us will be dead and in 200 years nobody will even remember your name.

Maybe you should stop worrying so much.

frap

Oct 17, 2018
We are fragile biological organisms sitting on a ball of dirt that barrels through a Void at over 100.000 kph, basically anything can kill you at any random moment. In 100 years all of us will be dead and in 200 years nobody will even remember your name.

Maybe you should stop worrying so much.
But... but... but.. Kurzweil promised!

You're right, I shouldn't worry so much, but it's just the way I am. Maybe post-singularity my computer self will wander around in a robot body not worrying about anything.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018

Hopefully it's just to concentrate on what she is doing, I know this sort of thing can be ...distracting at the best of times. XD

KillerKlown

Aug 19, 2018
Installation
That doesn't really prove anything because:
1) They are the same rank
2) MC is not under her command (unlike Annie)
3) depending on the orders they had, MC could actually be superior officer while on the station (she's superior while on board Vanguad)

Basically, I'm not sure Chris have any authority to do anything to MC other than report him to their superiors... which she can't even do at the moment due to communications being down (that's if she's willing to do that since it would also create a problem for Annie).
Chris has no authority here whatsoever. Even if we buy that the MC is going to be afriad of being reported by offically documented sex pest Chris...that is LITERALLY all she can do; by going into your private quarters without your permission and interacting with you during a sexual encounter, without it you raping or being raped, so vastly exceeds her authority and proper protcol that she'd wind up in as much trouble as you, though with her record more. That is sexual harassment, you don't do that unless your a superior officer and even then THEY usually take you aside usually afterward or before, and then report you to JAG or whatever the equivalent is here. Proper boundaires and protocol would be her being petty as hell and filing a report later.

Like this goes against seeing her grope and make overtures with an underling before. Not "actually" kissing her doesn't fucking count, nothing about her stopping you made sense unless it was directly going to lead to blackmaling or subverting her existing authortiy.

jdoch

Oct 16, 2017
Chris has no authority here whatsoever. Even if we buy that the MC is going to be afriad of being reported by offically documented sex pest Chris...that is LITERALLY all she can do; by going into your private quarters without your permission and interacting with you during a sexual encounter, without it you raping or being raped, so vastly exceeds her authority and proper protcol that she'd wind up in as much trouble as you, though with her record more. That is sexual harassment, you don't do that unless your a superior officer and even then THEY usually take you aside usually afterward or before, and then report you to JAG or whatever the equivalent is here. Proper boundaires and protocol would be her being petty as hell and filing a report later.

Like this goes against seeing her grope and make overtures with an underling before. Not "actually" kissing her doesn't fucking count, nothing about her stopping you made sense unless it was directly going to lead to blackmaling or subverting her existing authortiy.
I could not agree more. We should completely forget about all the naughty content in this game, take a hard right turn and make it an exciting "Sexual Harassment" Court Room Drama instead.

6766ed60c8efe3ee4715995bb7c1541c.jpg
"Lieutenant, i am reminding you that you are under Oath. So did you or did you not order the "CODE BOOB"? ANSWER THE GOD-DAMNED QUESTION!"

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Waaaaaah!
Entering someone's room without permission is sexual harassment according to you? Don't forget that she also entered MC's quarters without permission again the next morning! That's almost an attempted rape, right? Or would the jury see the MC taking advantage of a heavily drunk non-commissioned officer as such?

"Article 27 of the military code regards fraternization of a sexual nature between junior and senior ranks as a chargeable offence for the parties involved".
Senior Ranks: MC, Chris, Sarah, Kelly
-------------------------------------------
Junior Ranks: Annie

"Article 40 states that an officer in command will not allow any personnel to endanger a high priority mission. Actions which are considered as such are those which are inherently dangerous to others, or engaging in such actions as burglary, rape, sodomy or aggravated assault or other actions which threaten the completion of the mission as a whole. The officer in command may take what actions they see fit as circumstances allow."
@KillerKlown Harmon would totally roast you during court martial.:)

Blackicexone

Feb 20, 2019
So I just found this game and looks good, but I can't find chapter1... is it included in the Chapter2 download? because the Notes section made it seem like each chapter were stand alones?

Reactions: Nottravis

KillerKlown

Aug 19, 2018
I could not agree more. We should completely forget about all the naughty content in this game, take a hard right turn and make it an exciting "Sexual Harassment" Court Room Drama instead.
The author is the typing this up and there were other ways to go about 'want to wait for a sex scene until more character devolpment' or 'add tension between the three characters'

As it is now it doesn't make sense.

As to the other quote: Yeah WHEN IT'S A HIGH PRIORITY MISSION. This isn't, according to the orders. Obviously more is going on, but from what's presented to Chris, us and Ann, she lacks authority here to disrupt us. It's her duty to report, sure, but I mentioned that. But why would anyone care what a suspected sex pest who has been bumped down to shit duty thinks? As far as command knows, it might have been the opposite way around.

I get what the creator was doing btw: It's too early in the game for a sex scene in a plot heavy game and she needs a wrench to throw between the three characters; that would have happened during the actual drinking session or he could have had Ann fall alseep or a dozen combintions. As it is now, it's weird the characters wouldn't flex on Chris or that would she even attempt what she did with her record, even if it's bullshit.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
The author is the typing this up and there were other ways to go about 'want to wait for a sex scene until more character devolpment' or 'add tension between the three characters'

As it is now it doesn't make sense.

As to the other quote: Yeah WHEN IT'S A HIGH PRIORITY MISSION. This isn't, according to the orders. Obviously more is going on, but from what's presented to Chris, us and Ann, she lacks authority here to disrupt us. It's her duty to report, sure, but I mentioned that. But why would anyone care what a suspected sex pest who has been bumped down to shit duty thinks? As far as command knows, it might have been the opposite way around.

I get what the creator was doing btw: It's too early in the game for a sex scene in a plot heavy game and she needs a wrench to throw between the three characters; that would have happened during the actual drinking session or he could have had Ann fall alseep or a dozen combintions. As it is now, it's weird the characters wouldn't flex on Chris or that would she even attempt what she did with her record, even if it's bullshit.
She has authority over Annie. It's about her.

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes