noname777

Jul 8, 2018
BTW:

Dual Family by Gumdrop Games:
- Mar 30, 2018: Currently the last update (0.98 CE)
- Jan 2, 2019: Dual Family - Last Christmas (1.01)
- Jun 22-24, 2019: 3x COMING SOON
- Jun 28, 2019: The last post

Two Sides by GreonoGames:
- Jul 3-4, 2018: Currently the last update of the 2D version (0.08a)
- Nov 15, 2018: Currently the last update of the 3D version (0.02)
- Jun 5, 2019: Two Sides Redone
- Jun 27, 2019: Three days to update
- Jun 29, 2019: About update... Translation delayed, so "probably" Monday

Anyway, both games have a chance to appear in July (finally!).

Are these dates solid? The first chapter was promising. I hope this game will not end like Dual Family by Gumdrop Games.
Thank you. And no defo not a Gumdrop.
(...)
Mostly solid.
I'm going to laugh so hard if the new version of Dual Family by Gumdrop Games or Two Sides by GreonoGames will be released before the Heavy Five: Chapter 3. :D
This is not a complaint against Nottravis. It would be just extremely funny. :)
Who wanna make a bet? :p
A new update of Two Sides (or rather a new remake - Two Sides Redone v0.01) was released today.
It seems that Dual Family: Act I Part X before Heavy Five: Chapter 3 is not so unrealistic after all. :p

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
A new update of Two Sides (or rather a new remake - Two Sides Redone v0.01) was released today.
It seems that Dual Family: Act I Part X before Heavy Five: Chapter 3 is not so unrealistic after all. :p
Do you have a thing for numbers? That's the only commonality those games have with H5.

• Haha
Reactions: TheDevian

noname777

Jul 8, 2018
Do you have a thing for numbers? That's the only commonality those games have with H5.
To be honest, I am a little bit disappointed by the games that have been abandoned or have not received updates for a long time. One of these games was Dual Family. It was really nice production, no too much sexualized like others, but more focused on teasing. Unfortunately, the author had problems with keeping promises about new releases. That's why I asked Nottravis if she is able to stick to deadlines. She responded affirmatively. This was before June 14, 2019, on which the premiere of the third chapter was announced. What's more, she added that she will not act like Gumdrop. At that time, there was no update from him on the horizon.
Now the situation has changed a bit. The third chapter has still not been released (I know, I know, it is planned for tomorrow), but information about the upcoming part X to Dual Family has been appeared. In the meantime, the remake of Two Sides has its premiere, and we know that this title was in the similar situation as Dual Family.
Do not get me wrong. I don't blame Nottravis for a little delay, because I know she is trying her best. It's just that this situation seems to be funny for me.
It's like saying that the game will definitely appear before Half-Life 3, but then there is a slight delay, and Valve unexpectedly announces an exciting news... You know what I mean?

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
To be honest, I am a little bit disappointed by the games that have been abandoned or have not received updates for a long time. One of these games was Dual Family. It was really nice production, no too much sexualized like others, but more focused on teasing. Unfortunately, the author had problems with keeping promises about new releases. That's why I asked Nottravis if she is able to stick to deadlines. She responded affirmatively. This was before June 14, 2019, on which the premiere of the third chapter was announced. What's more, she added that she will not act like Gumdrop. At that time, there was no update from him on the horizon.
Now the situation has changed a bit. The third chapter has still not been released (I know, I know, it is planned for tomorrow), but information about the upcoming part X to Dual Family has been appeared. In the meantime, the remake of Two Sides has its premiere, and we know that this title was in the similar situation as Dual Family.
Do not get me wrong. I don't blame Nottravis for a little delay, because I know she is trying her best. It's just that this situation seems to be funny for me.
It's like saying that the game will definitely appear before Half-Life 3, but then there is a slight delay, and Valve unexpectedly announces an exciting news... You know what I mean?
Not really. She has never said that the next chapter would be released before Dual Family.

Her approach is indeed completely different. The reasons for delay have always been explained extensively in detail to her patrons and she refunds every month without new chapter even though nobody is asking for her to do so. Can those two devs say the same? One is bizzare at best, scammer at worst. The other doesn't seem to have a clear vision for his game with radical changes and remakes. I just don't like this connection at all, because she doesn't deserve the infamy of those two. It's not the same league.

As for the release dates, those should never be taken as set in stone. I always tell people that they are only estimates in case nothing goes wrong. Nobody (including the dev) should ever feel that the dev is obligated by them. You can have such expectations from those doing it on a professional level, but not from someone who is in it part time.

frap

Oct 17, 2018

The reasons for delay have always been explained extensively in detail to her patrons and she refunds every month without new chapter even though nobody is asking for her to do so. ...
(Emphasis mine)

So much this. In fact, she is refunding patrons in spite of many of us asking her not to!

Now, it's not like I know her or anything (at least, beyond this message board) but when THE BIG SILENCE™ happened I was only thinking about the release for a day or two. Then the continued lack of her chattiness led me to be worried for her. Sod the game (awesome as it is), she's one of the friendliest, most outgoing people here! (Whether that's a put-on or not, I can't say. If it is, she deserves an Oscar or BAFTA or some such!)

To anyone who is worried only about the release dates: Take a deep breath. Let it out slowly while thinking the words "It will be ready when it's ready."

To anyone that is more concerned for Notty's welfare, do check out her Patreon page (maybe become a patron?).

noname777

Jul 8, 2018
(Emphasis mine)

So much this. In fact, she is refunding patrons in spite of many of us asking her not to!

Now, it's not like I know her or anything (at least, beyond this message board) but when THE BIG SILENCE™ happened I was only thinking about the release for a day or two. Then the continued lack of her chattiness led me to be worried for her. Sod the game (awesome as it is), she's one of the friendliest, most outgoing people here! (Whether that's a put-on or not, I can't say. If it is, she deserves an Oscar or BAFTA or some such!)

To anyone who is worried only about the release dates: Take a deep breath. Let it out slowly while thinking the words "It will be ready when it's ready."

To anyone that is more concerned for Notty's welfare, do check out her Patreon page (maybe become a patron?).
Why don't you have such empathy for Gumdrop?
Are you asking about the release date of Dual Family: Act I Part X? Take a deep breath. Let it out slowly while thinking the words: "It will be ready when it's ready."
And if you are more concerned for Gumdrop's welfare, do check out his Patreon page. Maybe even become a patron? :sneaky:

Of course, currently I much more trust Nottravis than Gumdrop. But to be honest, it all depends on how things will go in the next months.

Last edited:

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Are you asking about the release date of Dual Family: Act I Part X? Take a deep breath. Let it out slowly while thinking the words: "It will be ready when it's ready."
And if you are more concerned for Gumdrop's welfare, do check out his Patreon page. Maybe even become a patron? :sneaky:

Of course, currently I much more trust Nottravis than Gumdrop. But to be honest, it all depends on how things will go in the next months.
I can't speak for anyone else, but I have never talked to Gumdrop, don't have a general dialog going with them, and I don't really like that game setting. I hadn't even noticed that it was behind before you mentioned it. It's not that I don't care about him or what he may or may not be going through, but I don't know him from atom.
Where as here, I love almost everything about the game, and have spent over half a year getting to know and love Notty and her quirky self.

frap

Oct 17, 2018
  • I don't know Gumdrop, even in the limited realm of this forum.
  1. No, I am not asking about the release date of Dual Family: Act I Part X. I don't follow Dual Family.
  2. This is a thread for Heavy Five (H5), not any other game.
  3. Finally, I'm not the one in the H5 thread worrying about the release date of Dual Family. If I were worried about it, I would be in the thread for that game. ;)

• I take it from your impassioned screed you are a supporter of Gumdrop on Patreon. As such, you are to be commended for supporting the content you like.
You do you. Shine on, you crazy diamond.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
If you had arrived within the first three months you wouldn't ask this question. This was a thread like no other. Back then Notty was crazy active here and it was a friendly place of endless fun, silliness and lore discussions. If you'd like to know what Notty is like I suggest you peruse some of the first 300 pages. That's right. Of the 330 pages, 300 of them were made between January and March (like 290 of them before Chapter 2 even went public here; it took like 40 days before someone of 80 or so patrons leaked the links - that should tell you how much loyalty she can inspire).

I must admit I really miss those times. I understand Notty is busy with RL and I suspect there are other reasons as well, but I secretely hope this thread can at least partly return to its former glory.

Http404z

Dec 26, 2018
Ya know, I've been a staunch supporter for months now, but...here we are again. Not sure how much longer I'm going to be able to put myself through the cycle of hope and disappointment.

Reactions: noname777

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Ya know, I've been a staunch supporter for months now, but...here we are again. Not sure how much longer I'm going to be able to put myself through the cycle of hope and disappointment.
Well, Chapter 2 was released like in the next hour if I remember correctly, so perhaps No.3 is on the way as I'm writing this. However, there had been heads ups few hours before that back then. This is worryingly reminiscent of that accursed 13th week, I hope nothing bad happened.

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
If you had arrived within the first three months you wouldn't ask this question. This was a thread like no other. Back then Notty was crazy active here and it was a friendly place of endless fun, silliness and lore discussions. If you'd like to know what Notty is like I suggest you peruse some of the first 300 pages. That's right. Of the 330 pages, 300 of them were made between January and March (like 290 of them before Chapter 2 even went public here; it took like 40 days before someone of 80 or so patrons leaked the links - that should tell you how much loyalty she can inspire).

I must admit I really miss those times. I understand Notty is busy with RL and I suspect there are other reasons as well, but I secretely hope this thread can at least partly return to its former glory.
"You should've been there! You should've seen it!" - Terry Pratchett, Going Postal*

True words. This thread, this game and this dev are the reason I even started to post in the forum instead of just lurking around. I don't doubt that when chapter 3 is finally out, life will thrive again around these parts.

Same, but we do have TNJ now so she'd tell us if something were going down. Honestly, not a fan of Notty's lack of communication these days. Really miss her and having her give us the old play-by-play.
True words also. I guess since TotallyNotJane hadn't come to play with us, that means that nothing bad happened, and the release is on its merry way wishful thinking

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes