NanasBananas

Game Developer
Dec 29, 2018
At least in the test, while it took me a few tries, letting her get a flawless victory had a nice prize for us...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

...if not, I'll take it down.
Damn, I can't believe I missed that! I was all about losing to Sarah, but I didn't realize I could lose even more! Had to cheat a bit to achieve a flawless defeat, but it was worth it for that little bonus, now I feel even a tiny bit better about the whole VR experience...

I knew I should try and follow this thread. But it's just sooo active I can never keep up...

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
I kinda fucked it up, because I wasn't paying attention at the start. I'm more of a "lets just dive into it" type of guy and having game mechanics explained to me bores me to death. I go by the trial and error method mostly. Quickly skimmed the introduction. Pushed some buttons, saw some tits. Then because this game offered me I branch I went back and played as a girl. Now somehow I got a different result *scratches head*. Went back again and actually read the introduction this time and realized there are 4 major outcomes - (guy/win, guy/lose, girl/win, girl/lose). You know my feelings about creating unnecessary branches forcing reloads to see everything, so not going to comment further on that. Then I read the thread and someone says there is also a "flawless victory". Are there even more branches!?
I don't mind the mini game as such, or the detour into VR. Worlds within worlds is a nice twist and it feels like action strip poker and I'm all about that. What I would have liked though was an option to see all the content without reloading - maybe a "let's play again!" choice at the end.
It's also unclear whether winning or losing impacts our relationship with Sarah - Winning and using skill is usually rewarded in games and winning mini games in other games seems to impact the story. It feels natural to assume that winning gets me "Sarah point", but does it though? I really have no clue. This just adds to my confusion.
So to recap: I love me some fantasy tiddies in my space game but I ended up unnecessarily confused.
Well, you also have flawless defeats (or Gloria's flawless victory) for Babe and for Bobe.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Went back again and actually read the introduction this time and realized there are 4 major outcomes - (guy/win, guy/lose, girl/win, girl/lose). You know my feelings about creating unnecessary branches forcing reloads to see everything, so not going to comment further on that. Then I read the thread and someone says there is also a "flawless victory". Are there even more branches!?
I don't mind the mini game as such, or the detour into VR. Worlds within worlds is a nice twist and it feels like action strip poker and I'm all about that. What I would have liked though was an option to see all the content without reloading - maybe a "let's play again!" choice at the end.
Those are not "branches" and shouldn't be seen as such in my opinion. I may be wrong, but I don't think the result matters (it is meant to be optional). It would be a rather boring minigame if there weren't different outcomes to it. In fact, I wish there are as many as possible to maximize replayability.

But, I agree about the "let's play again" button! :)

Reactions: frap and TheDevian

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Only Intrepid crewmembers appear in Bored Pilot (or potentially girls the Bored Pilot crew can somehow meet for an interview). It's canon.:)
As Akamari says. BP is made by some bored pilots on the Intrepid (hence it's name!). So not on the Intrepid, not in the mag. Annie explains it a bit in Two if I recall correctly.

I kinda fucked it up, because I wasn't paying attention at the start. I'm more of a "lets just dive into it" type of guy and having game mechanics explained to me bores me to death. I go by the trial and error method mostly. Quickly skimmed the introduction. Pushed some buttons, saw some tits. Then because this game offered me I branch I went back and played as a girl. Now somehow I got a different result *scratches head*. Went back again and actually read the introduction this time and realized there are 4 major outcomes - (guy/win, guy/lose, girl/win, girl/lose). You know my feelings about creating unnecessary branches forcing reloads to see everything, so not going to comment further on that. Then I read the thread and someone says there is also a "flawless victory". Are there even more branches!?
It's also unclear whether winning or losing impacts our relationship with Sarah - Winning and using skill is usually rewarded in games and winning mini games in other games seems to impact the story. It feels natural to assume that winning gets me "Sarah point", but does it though? I really have no clue. This just adds to my confusion.
So to recap: I love me some fantasy tiddies in my space game but I ended up unnecessarily confused.
Thanks for this. Appreciated. The play again option is defo in the frame for the following chapters mainly as you have to win in order to get to the next level. For the training one, I was less concerned as it was more to familiarise the player with the concept than anything else.

As to branches, always lots and lots of lots of branches (can't help herself). But that's because I want players experiences to be tailored to their story as opposed to a content hunt. Ideally when we get to the end of this, I hope you will all have had as individual experience as possible. That the H5 story you had is as different as can possibly be to someone elses, because it's -your- story, not theirs. Ambitious perhaps, but that's the goal.

As to does it matter in Sarah VR, not really. It's less about the result here and more about your doing the one thing no one else will do with her. Play.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Damn, I can't believe I missed that! I was all about losing to Sarah, but I didn't realize I could lose even more! Had to cheat a bit to achieve a flawless defeat, but it was worth it for that little bonus, now I feel even a tiny bit better about the whole VR experience...

I knew I should try and follow this thread. But it's just sooo active I can never keep up...
*likes sticking a variety of stuff in*

How are we doing on Easter Eggs btw? I know a couple of you have found Trisha's so far.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I don't know if it's something we've already been told and I forget (because let's face it, I should have been blonde) but how many of these women are actual love interests?

So far i've seen the main 3 mentioned but not the other, the boss woman.

There's a bit of flirting going on and i'm not above taking sexual bribes from her to keep that place open.

The second she says "pip pip tallyho" i'm out though.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
I don't know if it's something we've already been told and I forget (because let's face it, I should have been blonde) but how many of these women are actual love interests?

So far i've seen the main 3 mentioned but not the other, the boss woman.

There's a bit of flirting going on and i'm not above taking sexual bribes from her to keep that place open.

The second she says "pip pip tallyho" i'm out though.
Every gal will have a sexual path of sorts. Some have more paths than others, and some of those paths will be actual romance paths as opposed to just boffing. But...I'd best not say more than that I think!

I can't see her saying "Pip pip"....but given she's obvs a horsey gal, "Tally-ho" may well be on the radar :)

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes