popabear

Jul 11, 2019
Sorry, but it seems you are missing all my points. How did you even reach those conclusions?:oops:
I didn't mean to put words in your mouth. Sorry. Please realize we want the same thing, we're just arguing about how to get there.
This isn't about established fanbase at all. What is on the main page at F95zone doesn't affect them whatsoever. This is about new players. Like I said, it's better to see the best stuff in the context of the game. They may download the game thinking there will be more, but if it turns what they've seen already is the best thing there is to see, that's rather disappointing, no?
Yes, that would be disappointing. But what you think is best and what others think may be completely different things. I don't think showing all the best renders on the front page is a great idea, but 2-3 of the very best ones should definitely be there.
Would they pledge after that?
I think yes. People are looking for talented people to support so they can get more of their work. I know for sure I wouldn't have minded if I saw the Sarah VR renders before playing. Maybe it would even entice me to play through the game again if I reached the end and realized I had missed them.
Does she need to "sell" her game cheap? Attracting patrons is one thing, but you should do it smart. It's better to entice and then show your best in the best conditions. Sure you may get more people to play, will you get more people to stay?
Showing some quality boobie pics is hardly "selling cheap", at least not to me. I have no doubts what so ever that if we get people to play the game they will like it. It's the "getting people to play"-thing we're trying to solve. The overall quality of the game will more than make up a slight feeling of having been spoiled. I'm sure of it!

frap

Oct 17, 2018
So, from what I have read around the forum if we can get 1,000 people to like the OP, it can be put on the carousel at the top of the front page of the whole site! That means more visibility for the game and hopefully more patrons for Notty! Now, we just need to come up with a cunning plan to make it happen. :unsure:
I've thought it should be there from the beginning!

Sure, if you want to see the mapping and things no worries. I suspect you'll be horrified tho at my system!
It can't be any worse than the text files I've got stashed for mapping out the game I'm working on. Started in Scrivener with the cork board, but it slows me down trying to write for Ren'Py in Scriv, so I'll leave that to the novel I'm working on and the short stories I crank out.

Yep, that's more or less it. Certainly the story and scene blocks/plot points are all down pat. I don't fully script the blocks however as I prefer writing them as I go. Largely because you never know when an additional good bit can pop into your head.
:unsure: Well, we all have different writing styles. Yours seems to be working well for you!

Loons you say? :unsure: I think you'll find the preferred nomenclature is actually Nottys or Thealites or ACIO Cult Members. :geek:
True ACM members know that the proper form of affectionate address to one another is loon. Are you an imposter?

I feel like I live on the wrong continent - I get up in the morning and the thread has exploded again.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Of course it is, but it would be sad to see two Nottheads (name still pending :p) at each other's throats for what's ultimately the same goal: make Heavy Five more popular :)
So we're not running with "Notty's bitches"? Damn. Rather liked that one. ;)

But a good point. We're all after the same thing and it's so kind of you all to give this some thought on my behalf.

I'll stop butting in and let you carry on :)

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
If you don't think Notty needs to attract investors (Patreons), or that it's more important that she appeases her already-convinced fanbase I would strongly disagree with you on both points. Also I don't agree with the notion that Notty isn't a visual artist. I'm not saying she is only a visual artist, but it's one of her jobs.
I would much rather see a future where Notty is head of Smutress Inc, with employees and millions of dollars in backing than I would see it all become a hipster type fringe cult where she needs to have a second day job to make ends meet. It's more important to me that Notty does well economically and can continue to put out great content, than that content being absolutely perfect and exactly what I wanted.
Smutress inc! I like it!

popabear

Jul 11, 2019
popabear OK, mate. Your opinion. Btw. I didn't see this as an argument, I was just trying to explain my views as it seems I was misunderstood. That's all. "You can never win an argument on the internet" still applies.:)

Now, let's go master debate about the content of the renders in question, shall we?;)
It's all in good fun. We are all passionate about this and I think that's a good thing. I've shown my favorites already, just pick 2-3 ;)

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes