Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Probs? Quite :p How come you love to kick such an adorable puppy though?
*peeks in one last time*

Me? I just give you options! *is a good girl*

I feel awful about doing the renders if you suggest she drinks water after taking her tablets. But what can I do? I mean I can't just ignore the science now can I?

*is -sure- no one will suggest that to her tho but -has- to cover it just in case anyone forgets the...implications....*

*smiles sweetly and poofs*

Dripping

Feb 16, 2019
Though I know about Akira, I never actually saw it. There just wasn't any anime on television here during that time, all cartoons on the tellie here were American or European. First anime I saw was Urutsukidoji III when I was already 21, and that was on VHS from some obscure videostore. A few years later I saw a bunch of episodes from The Guyver, but they didn't broadcast all of them and broadcast times kept changing all the time, making it hard to follow. Apart from the mainstream series, it's still hard to get your hands on anime here, unless you find a good online stream or import it yourself from abroad. Buying a DVD set from a store just won't work out, you'll only end up missing episodes.

So, to me, Akira references are pretty obscure as well. If someone says "I want a bike like Akira", then I totally understand. But if someone uses a quote or mentions a character from it, I just won't know about the connection.

Reactions: TheDevian and DA22

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Though I know about Akira, I never actually saw it. There just wasn't any anime on television here during that time, all cartoons on the tellie here were American or European. First anime I saw was Urutsukidoji III when I was already 21, and that was on VHS from some obscure videostore. A few years later I saw a bunch of episodes from The Guyver, but they didn't broadcast all of them and broadcast times kept changing all the time, making it hard to follow. Apart from the mainstream series, it's still hard to get your hands on anime here, unless you find a good online stream or import it yourself from abroad. Buying a DVD set from a store just won't work out, you'll only end up missing episodes.

So, to me, Akira references are pretty obscure as well. If someone says "I want a bike like Akira", then I totally understand. But if someone uses a quote or mentions a character from it, I just won't know about the connection.
*has no idea at all about Akira!*

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
It was, well, how can I put this? Hotter than the current British summer? Does that answer your question? :unsure::love::p
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
*beams*

Not sure on the ps. Certainly it's as big as some stuff you see on sale elsewhere. *Will think on this*

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
*peeks in one last time*

I feel awful about doing the renders if you suggest she drinks water after taking her tablets. But what can I do? I mean I can't just ignore the science now can I?

*is -sure- no one will suggest that to her tho but -has- to cover it just in case anyone forgets the...implications....*

*knows this bad thought didn't cross any of her lovely people's mind and she's probs wasting her time rendering it*

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018

*has no idea at all about Akira!*
Well, although I understand not having seen Akira (it *is* quite old already... :cry: ), the poster and the bike are actually more famous than the manga/movie ^^
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

*peeks in one last time*

For science!

Last edited:

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
So, in this darkest of timelines, Marcus is now a competent scientist. I fear for the world!
Ah! The old "The super scientist is probably incorrect so what could possibly go wrong by giving her a drink despite the warnings I've been given and, so confident I am of my views I can even stand in the way of the loo" defence!

I've heard that one before!

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes