Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
For those who like delving into the plot (and of course I appreciate that not all of you do - and so I give you options to skip bits in game, after all one of the design feaims is to make H5 the game -you- want to play) I'm sure when you report to Amanda in the morning they'll be the opportunity to deep dive on this....and, other things...
Can I borrow tin foil hat from Annie for the occasion? Gotta look the part.:D

• Haha
Reactions: TheDevian and DA22

hameleona

Oct 27, 2018
See this is where you're wrong. (Well according to my own tin-foil theories anyway.) Thea is fighting for humanity's existence, at least what's left of it. If everyone with money fucks off to paradise with all the resources and equipment then everyone else left behind on Earth will be severely fucked. Thea just wants what's best for mankind as a whole, and we will soon learn that the media lies and Thea is the actual hero of this story. A rebel with a just cause.
I doubt they can move whole industries and in the end this is what makes a place worth it. Unless there is a food shortage I've missed somewhere. So let us say they leave. Everybody with money buys a ticket to paradise. They can't uproot the factories, the shipyards, the farms, the ranches and all of that. Hell, the closest we ever got to doing something like that was the USSR in WWII and the migration of production lines to the Ural is one of the hardest things to pull off. And they had to worry only about space on the trains. Here they have to pull it up in orbit, find space on the ships and than move it to the new colony, unload it, build new housing for it and assemble the new production lines. And who is going to work on those lines? CEOs? Yeah, right. You'll need regular Joe and Jane to do the work.

Now, I may be overthinking this... I probably am, to be honest... but I don't see any colony ever being able to survive without heavy, heavy support from earth for the first few decades. Similar to how it was with the colonies in our history. The whole "Rich are going to abandon you" is the same stuff commie terrorists talk about right before initiating a revolution and shoot all the educated population Pol Pot style.

Don't fall for it, citizen! Join the military and oppose the terrorists! Hunt down Thea... we mean hunt down her followers! She is totally dead!

What's to say casual short-distance space travel does not use up a fuckton of resources? Just because it's possible does not mean it's cheap.
I don't recall any clues as to whether energy resources in the H5 universe are expensive or not.
They have artificial gravity and FTL - that alone requires enough energy to make walks to the moon a casual thing.

Dripping

Feb 16, 2019
For those who like delving into the plot (and of course I appreciate that not all of you do - and so I give you options to skip bits in game, after all one of the design feaims is to make H5 the game -you- want to play) I'm sure when you report to Amanda in the morning they'll be the opportunity to deep dive on this....and, other things...
I hope she trims?

popabear

Jul 11, 2019
So let us say they leave. Everybody with money buys a ticket to paradise. They can't uproot the factories, the shipyards, the farms, the ranches and all of that.
They can dissasemble everything and put what's useful or valuable into cargo ships?
And who is going to work on those lines? CEOs?
Robots. If the robots are taking the jobs of average joes in 2019 then it's not a stretch to imagine that automation has come further in the future.
Now, I may be overthinking this... I probably am, to be honest...
Nonsense!
is the same stuff commie terrorists talk about right before initiating a revolution and shoot all the educated population Pol Pot style.
Don't fall for it, citizen! Join the military and oppose the terrorists! Hunt down Thea... we mean hunt down her followers! She is totally dead!
You should stop watching the news for a while

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Oh...you may as well have this one since I couldn't find a reason to post it and it's sat on my phone *does like to be prepared for you scamps*

Besides it balances the commander out....

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Now you really earned that bottle of wine, hope there is a good one waiting for you when u get home

frap

Oct 17, 2018
Oh...you may as well have this one since I couldn't find a reason to post it and it's sat on my phone *does like to be prepared for you scamps*

Besides it balances the commander out....

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I hope that one day we can see Thea smiling, or at least not scowling - you know that image is from a video where she was sneezing or something and they just picked the most unflattering frame. "Oooh, look, when you pause it on frame 12,287 she looks positively mean!" "Yeah, let's use that!"

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes