Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
You won't. Really.

Not because of just the time required but, if - and it's a big if I know- I've done my job correctly you won't be able to see everything. Because you won't want to.

I don't mean like Sarah's good/bad path. That's an easy one to decide to replay.

I'm talking about choices that will be underpinned by who you are as a person. Even role playing the role, I want to challenge your heart and mind on some fundamental questions on love, existence and life driven in part by your relationships with the characters that you have formed.

Some paths you will not see because you will reject them out of hand. And not just because it's not your cannon route. But because if, as a writer, I've discharged my duties correctly you simply will not be able to choose them.

Oh. And we have sex too. Mustn't forget that! And silliness of course. But also *points up* that.

:)
You're talking to someone that went ALL renegade in Mass Effect 3.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Know that I welcome any writing that would challenge my very core as a human being! I want to feel the worst to appreciate being the best. If you're only half the writer I believe you are (and I think you're even more than that), I won't dodge the hard path. I'm willing to be shaken, I'm willing to be mistreated, because I know you care and it won't be shock value for shock value!
Come at me with all you've got!

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018

Know that I welcome any writing that would challenge my very core as a human being! I want to feel the worst to appreciate being the best. If you're only half the writer I believe you are (and I think you're even more than that), I won't dodge the hard path. I'm willing to be shaken, I'm willing to be mistreated, because I know you care and it won't be shock value for shock value!
But are you willing to violate your inner self? :devilish:

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017

Thank you for kind words. Your version of Four still has the water scene missing tho!

Defo nothing for just shock value. You know my thoughts on that.

But if you end up seeing everything then I will have failed because I obvs didn't write well enough. :)

frap

Oct 17, 2018
Thank you for kind words. Your version of Four still has the water scene missing tho!

But if you end up seeing everything then I will have failed because I obvs didn't write well enough. :)
Now I'm conflicted. There's the OCD part of me that has to see every word written and every scene rendered even if I need a puke bucket close to hand. There's also the other part of me that loves the way you write and wouldn't want to sully that image of you (as a writer) that I have.

I'll have to think on this.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017

*laughs*

Odd, no? I'm making a game where I'm defining success by you NOT seeing it all!

Oh well, I do like to be different I suppose!

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017

Here is where I would like there to be a double like
Like one if for Huitieme's version 4 ;)
Like two is for the rest of it :)

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Now I'm conflicted. There's the OCD part of me that has to see every word written and every scene rendered even if I need a puke bucket close to hand. There's also the other part of me that loves the way you write and wouldn't want to sully that image of you (as a writer) that I have.

Oh please don't get me wrong. The scenes aren't icky etc.

I just want the characters to get under your skin in such a way as to make hard choices hard. Very. For them to present their case, to convince you of what is right. To make you question yourself...

To take your investment beyond "let's see what happens if I choose x" and instead for you to see that option and reject it.

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
But are you willing to violate your inner self? :devilish:
You can't rape the willing!

Kind words, true words, tomato, tomato. You know my stance on this, also.
If you consider the fact that someone would love your work to the extent of playing again and again and again until all is found as failing, then I'm sorry but prepare to fail. Hard.
Well, I'm talking big, but I'm sure there's still a lot I haven't seen from the first 3 chapters...

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
I look at it like this. Most people will probably play the game 1 - 4 times. A few will 5 - 10. Then a very minor amount will do everything.

By everything, I mean, once all the easter eggs are found, and such, it comes down to choosing. So choice 1, 1, 1, through all 10 chapters. Then you work backwards changing a single choice, with most text being similar (flying/landing sequences, etc) you can have the game fast forward until you hit new content. Someone will do this, don't take it as a failing.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
I'm talking about choices that will be underpinned by who you are as a person. Even role playing the role, I want to challenge your heart and mind on some fundamental questions on love, existence and life driven in part by your relationships with the characters that you have formed.
That's what the best stories I've experienced have regardless of format.:)

But there is one difference here. I'm not playing alone. I'm playing 20+ different personalities, so feel free to challenge all their hearts. I may not go absolutely every path, but there will be few rocks left unturned...:)

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018

Well there

I think she does not mean that you will need a puke bucket, but more that some choices will be so alien to your convictions, experiences, coping styles and how you define yourself, that it will just be impossible to even get there or choose those paths. Not cause gross, but cause you are unable to.

frap

Oct 17, 2018

I just want the characters to get under your skin in such a way as to make hard choices hard. Very. For them to present their case, to convince you of what is right. To make you question yourself...
Well that will happen pretty definitely. I already have to shower and browse after any playthrough of Bad LT, because I couldn't, IRL, treat a person that way.

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Here is where I would like there to be a double like
Like one if for Huitieme's version 4 ;)
Like two is for the rest of it :)
And one Freydis-free version of Vinland for you... :whistle:

To take your investment beyond "let's see what happens if I choose x" and instead for you to see that option and reject it.
Of course, this is what I was thinking when I mentioned "shock value". I wouldn't think you'd start adding scat, gore or the thing I hate the most, consensual sex between two consenting adults with no light for the only goal of procreation.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Well there

I think she does not mean that you will need a puke bucket, but more that some choices will be so alien to your convictions, experiences, coping styles and how you define yourself, that it will just be impossible to even get there or choose those paths. Not cause gross, but cause you are unable to.
Totes this

frap

Oct 17, 2018
And to all, I wasn't expecting Nottravis to add gore (which is just horror movie stuff, no big) or scat :sick: or anything of the sort. I'm talking about the kicking babies and stealing candies from puppies kind of making me sick. I get a visceral reaction to playing the really bad guy, to the point of sometimes being physically nauseated.

*would make a terrible super-villian, even though I can design much better defenses and secret lairs*

EDITED: typed "was" - meant "wasn't"

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
And to all, I was expecting Nottravis to add gore (which is just horror movie stuff, no big) or scat :sick: or anything of the sort. I'm talking about the kicking babies and stealing candies from puppies kind of making me sick. I get a visceral reaction to playing the really bad guy, to the point of sometimes being physically nauseated.

*would make a terrible super-villian, even though I can design much better defenses and secret lairs*
So no Scarlet Pirate for you then? :(

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes