TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Half the people listening wouldn't understand what I was saying and the rest would think I sounded like a horny farm girl that never learned to pronounce words correctly.
I spent 14 years in the south, I am used to that!
Right you.

As soon as four is out we need to have a chat about a reward for all this work.
We need a wikia page for all of this...
Well I might just call that part the Dark Tea time of the Soul after one of my fave funny writers that unfortunately only graces us with his work nowadays.
Loved him, though being dead does make it hard to write more...
*sticks a pin in this idea for if she gets a NASA rig*
You can come over and use mine any time...
Can still be a draw...:p

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That is what we call, really working that plot'.
Or Penderyn of course. *quite likes that when she is in Cardiff*

Oh! Also, hi! :D
I was always more of a caitiff, oh, wait, wrong game... nm.
Edit: Unless it is minus 10C of course and you have to be out and about. :p
Better -10C than +45C, I survived delivering news papers at 4am in -45C wind chill, so I am not too worried. You can always add another layer, or work harder, but there are only so many layers you can take off! :ROFLMAO:
Yeppers someone made it for me. So, I thought I'd use it for a tad. :)

(y'know cos sometimes peeps do nice things for her other than just ship her with that angry lesbian chick) ;)
I would ship you other things, but international postage from here is outrageous! Last time I tried to send some homemade cookies/biscuits to the EU, it cost me around $80.
THEORY 1: There was a pin-up series not long ago with the school girl costume, so it would seem reasonable to assume people would be more likely after something else. Hence, why Becca got pigtails to bring something new and offset it, but Notty still didn't expect that option to win (or did, but it wasn't planned).

THEORY 2: Pin-up series was never finished, only pictures an impartial observer could describe as "teasing" were posted. Clearly, it was a plan all along to deny the good patrons back then, so that they would jump after the option in the poll. Pigtails were added to reinforce the scheme.

As a firm believer in our innocent delicate flower, I'm inclined towards the first option, of course.:)
IIRC, that was from the original demo/beta test of the RPS minigame.
Sounds like perfectly healthy dick measuring contest to me :p
But do you use imperial measurements to please the queen, or do you use CM to make it sound bigger?
Chris is a great marksman as well. "Silver medal winner of the ships pistol shooting competition"
So, she beat Annie and lost to Sarah?

Last edited:

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
Now, I heard this song on the radio earlier and thought of our dear Notty.
I've heard the song before many times, but this time some of the lines just reminded me of the past 200 or so pages here.
Not all of the lines make sense but a lot of them do. What do you think?

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
There's also the psychological trick of "priming" - which works better on some than others.

Think of a number from one to ten. = 2

Multiply by 9. = 18

If the result is a two-digit number, add the two digits together. = 9

Subtract 5. = 4

Now get the letter for that number, 1 = A, 2 = B, 3 = C ... = D

Think of a country that's name starts with that letter. = Democratic People's Republic of Korea

Now think of an animal that starts with the last letter of that country name. = Alpaca

Now name a color that starts with the last letter of that animal. = Amber

Got it?

Amber Alpaca DPRK AKA North Korea

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
These first 2 questions will always result in the number 9

Which means you will always get the letter D

There are 2 Democratic countries, Democratic Republic of the Congo and Democratic People's Republic of Korea . Then Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic. So 5. Denmark is actually the Kingdom of Denmark.

So the "trick" only works if you choose the one thing that seems obvious, but is actually wrong. Then it can fail harder with K, Killer whale, kookaburra, koala, kiwi, etc... Kind of bad trick if it isn't well controlled.

Last edited:

frap

Oct 17, 2018
These first 2 questions will always result in the number 9

Which means you will always get the letter D

There are 2 Democratic countries, Democratic Republic of the Congo and Democratic People's Republic of Korea . Then Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic. So 5. Denmark is actually the Kingdom of Denmark.

So the "trick" only works if you choose the one thing that seems obvious, but is actually wrong. Then it can fail harder with K, Killer whale, kookaburra, koala, kiwi, etc... Kind of bad trick if it isn't well controlled.
Yet, for most people who speak English as their first language, it works. Denmark because Euro-centric world view? Kangaroo because it's in all the A-B-C books? Orange, because unless they're artists they don't usually think of the color Ochre, and if they do they usually say "ick" when they do?

• Haha
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: DA22 and TheDevian

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Yet, for most people who speak English as their first language, it works. Denmark because Euro-centric world view? Kangaroo because it's in all the A-B-C books? Orange, because unless they're artists they don't usually think of the color Ochre, and if they do they usually say "ick" when they do?
Maybe, I wasn't trying to sound like an asshole, probably did though. Sorry.

I figured North Korea because they are in the news. Kangaroo does sound logical, orange sounds pretty good too, but might also go with olive, since both are also foods.

frap

Oct 17, 2018
Maybe, I wasn't trying to sound like an asshole, probably did though. Sorry.

I figured North Korea because they are in the news. Kangaroo does sound logical, orange sounds pretty good too, but might also go with olive, since both are also foods.
Nah, you didn't sound like an asshole, it's just weird to me that this one works for so many people, even intelligent ones. Maybe only after you've softened their minds with an hour of quarterly earnings projections, current and projected EBIT, monthly run rate vs monthly recurring revenue, etc etc etc. Or just 15 minutes of major network television. :p

• Haha
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: DA22 and TheDevian

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Nah, you didn't sound like an asshole, it's just weird to me that this one works for so many people, even intelligent ones. Maybe only after you've softened their minds with an hour of quarterly earnings projections, current and projected EBIT, monthly run rate vs monthly recurring revenue, etc etc etc. Or just 15 minutes of major network television. :p
Probably is part of what you said earlier. Euro-centric world view, plus name shorthand. No one calls China the "People's Republic of China" and Taiwan the "Republic of China". So that leaves just the Caribbean and Africa which most people have no clue what those places are called.

The K though seems hardest, Koala and Kangaroo are from the same habitat and have been used in ABC books. So we have , versus

Nobody here thinks that, this isn't that type of thread! Everyone here is friendly *except for the temptress Notty*
Nah, I was speaking clinically, but reading what I said it sounds more antagonistically. So might as well apologize and make sure no misunderstandings occur.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
I'll give it a go...
Illustrious: "No Uncertain Sound"
Tribute to Dr. Robert Leonard Small, author of "No Uncertain Sound"

Intrepid: The Big "I"
I got nothing on this one...yet.

Invincible: "Who Touches Me Is Broken"
A nod to the , who bore the same motto during its service.

Iowa: First In The Fleet
Easy one - BSG
View attachment 364610

Edit: Having a hard time with the Intrepid motto 'cause the USS Iowa was called "The Big I", but I have a certain nagging recollection that the USS Intrepid was also called the Big I, but I note that Notty used The Big "I", not "Big I" or "The Big I". Still working on this little mystery.
*wiggles eyebrows*

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes