Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Pilots have to qualify with a sidearm, but that doesn't make them experts. IMO, Chris, being a champion boxer, would probably trust her skill more than relying on a firearm. That said, I can only find one image of the grouping (haven't done the mission with Chris, so I have to assume both routes use the same image).
View attachment 364588
They don't. Notty wouldn't allow for that ;)

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Pilots have to qualify with a sidearm, but that doesn't make them experts. IMO, Chris, being a champion boxer, would probably trust her skill more than relying on a firearm. That said, I can only find one image of the grouping (haven't done the mission with Chris, so I have to assume both routes use the same image).
View attachment 364588
This image is only on Sarah's route. Not on Chris'.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
View attachment 364588
Chris is a great marksman as well. "Silver medal winner of the ships pistol shooting competition"

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: TheDevian and DA22

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Motto Meanings? (Alphabetical Order)

Illustrious: "No Uncertain Sound"
My guess is that this is the flamboyantly gay ship, there is a don't ask/don't tell policy in place but the neon pink ship paint says otherwise, they also have the best parties. Notably outstanding because of achievements, but the ship got named before doing anything, so the ship namer was just a dolt. No uncertain sound reminds me "speak softly and carry a big stick, you will go far"

Intrepid: The Big "I".
"I" may be used to refer to as "1" or "eye", so largest in fleet/dick joke? Maybe it is the spy ship? (Normally means fearless and adventurous)

Invincible: "Who Touches Me Is Broken"
This was a prison ship, the dregs of military society sent away. Maybe it was some really broken asian english meaning something like "You break it you bought it"? Maybe Notty is a WoW fan especially of Ozruk? "Break yourselves upon my body"

Iowa: First In The Fleet.
First versions AKA Grandpa ship, or the first called on when shit goes wrong. (Also a shit state named after the Ioway Native Americans.)

Http404z

Dec 26, 2018
I'll give it a go...
Illustrious: "No Uncertain Sound"
Tribute to Dr. Robert Leonard Small, author of "No Uncertain Sound"

Intrepid: The Big "I"
I got nothing on this one...yet.

Invincible: "Who Touches Me Is Broken"
A nod to the , who bore the same motto during its service.

Iowa: First In The Fleet
Easy one - BSG
1565046287182.png

Edit: Having a hard time with the Intrepid motto 'cause the USS Iowa was called "The Big I", but I have a certain nagging recollection that the USS Intrepid was also called the Big I, but I note that Notty used The Big "I", not "Big I" or "The Big I". Still working on this little mystery.

Last edited:

frap

Oct 17, 2018
Aww, come on!!! six pages? Really? *goes back and tries to catch up* just do me a favour and pause everything while I catch up, thanks :rolleyes:
Okay, I'm totally not adding anything else while you're catching up.

Nope... won't do that to you.

Oh - I also dug through the images, looks like the grouping from MC on the Sarah route is pretty decent for a pistol at that range... he even says so when you're playing. I think I need to start only playing this on the big monitor, full screen. :cool:

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Well still did not play that route with Chris, but she is an expert shot I assume with her past. So none of where they hit should be an accident.
Oh - I also dug through the images, looks like the grouping from MC on the Sarah route is pretty decent for a pistol at that range... he even says so when you're playing. I think I need to start only playing this on the big monitor, full screen. :cool:
You have to take into account that this place has different atmosphere ballistics, different gasses, gravity weight, wind patterns, etc. So even if a person is good/bad this will affect the shooting.

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
and totes innocent, she seems to have totally no idea what effect she has. :whistle:
Oh, I think she know exactly what she's doing! ;)
we don't talk about the heresy hour... the Adaepta Sororitas will be sent to deal with any heretics

not cool Notty.... not cool.... you know Ava can't do that dance...
I bet she would have fun watching Notty do it though ;)
I'd pay money to see a music video of Becca dancing 'round the pole to this song.
Me too, me too!
Was it minus 10C and in Germany for a training combined with other countries?
I trained in Germany, but it wasn't cold.
No, that was REFORGER ("Return of Forces to Germany" - a NATO exercise) and the NATO command exercise alternating every year while I was stationed there... some time around the neolithic, I believe ;)

Loved Germany, though. Beautiful country, the autobahn, great public transit, just never try to pass a bus in traffic - as soon as they turn on their left turn signal they have the right-of-way... even if you're halfway around them when they do. Bus hits you, it's your fault.
Never saw any of Germany :( We never left the base.
What? I know nothing.
Uh huh
Well the default colours are far too pale. I mean if anyone knows that it's gunna be me isn't it!
I would hope so!
Yeah, but were you guys there when the PPF infiltrated the last election and their puppets in the Silly Party won most of the seats?

Oh, wait, that's next year... damn time machine's hinky again. It's green now, right? Not red?
What?
Yeppers someone made it for me. So, I thought I'd use it for a tad. :)

(y'know cos sometimes peeps do nice things for her other than just ship her with that angry lesbian chick) ;)
Do you mean to say you're not involved in any way with "angry lesbian chick"?
*doesn't get it*
Now you know how I feel! :p
Yep, it does seem to support the big rivalry theory. :)
Wait a minute... What if this whole thing, the comms going out, the nuclear stuff, Mike, the pills, everything... is just some elaborate prank by the other ship?
*randomly cackles off into the night*
Never fails to make me laugh :D
Look at her eyelashes, boys! That's the prime weapon of the creature known as "innocent female human". She's using it to lure males of her species into believing her innocent before she goes for the kill. Her secondary weapon is called "the illusion of choice". This is a psychological attack she uses to rob her preys of their free will. But the worst is they do it willingly...
Sinister indeed, but I just can't help following. Is, is that wrong? I can't tell anymore.
Let's not forget her extraordinary poofing ability. That makes her impossible to track and there aren't any poofproof means of protection.:)
Don't also forget ceiling Becca, she's probably watching right now!
Guys?

Are you sure you wouldn't prefer a game where you have to repeat the same actions 14 times in series to progress up the stairway to heaven, whilst having to progress with every character to unlock the one you want?

Be a bit easier than this lunacy, no? :)

*poofs!*
DON'T. YOU. DARE! *smiles*
There's also the psychological trick of "priming" - which works better on some than others.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I got Grey Elephant in Denmark, I did the first time I got it too, years ago
Veeeery last thing before I turn in.

I try to choose my images with some care. There are details -everywhere- in this game. Some are just to make it more realistic. Some are clues consistent with the story. Some are Easter eggs. But almost every image is choosen for a reason. Especially if the asset is modified or created from scratch.

Tiny details abound.

Really, really simple example. For those who went with Chris to rescue Walker and shot first...did you notice the grouping?

*now does really go*
:unsure::eek:
Yeah, well, I can do something you can't.

Run naked without knocking myself out.
Is it wrong that I pictured the two of you running down a beach naked? :unsure::sneaky:

frap

Oct 17, 2018
Wait a minute... What if this whole thing, the comms going out, the nuclear stuff, Mike, the pills, everything... is just some elaborate prank by the other ship?

I got Grey Elephant in Denmark, I did the first time I got it too, years ago

Is it wrong that I pictured the two of you running down a beach naked? :unsure::sneaky:
1: :unsure: That would be... annoying.
2: How did you get Elephant from the letter K and Grey from the letter T?
3: I'll refrain from answering on the grounds I might incriminate myself.

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes