Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Finally caught up. What do humans have to sleep?

Different images as someone has said. But...

For Chris and MC
View attachment 364753

So yep, the MC has every right to be pleased - especially given the range and the weapon. But Chris...she -really- is a very good shot which the image underlines if the player hadn't picked it up on her bio.
Well... I'm sorry to insist, but that's not the image that appears when MC takes the lead. Since I know you wouldn't let pass such a mistake, maybe there's something to fix around here... By rummaging through the files, I've noticed that this specific picture is c3rescue3a and that it's never called in any of the scripts.

Sulring Durgul

Sep 2, 2018
View attachment 364753

But Chris...she -really- is a very good shot which the image underlines if the player hadn't picked it up on her bio.
If I were her commanding officer, I'd congratulate her on her shooting technique, then berate her about tunnel vision! Her shots landed closer to Walker than to her intended target. (She was shooting at the LGM, or rather at the ground close to a LGM, I hope?)

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Kick in the balls - is what show will be.

I wish I never got to read this...:( :(

Yennefer is one of my most beloved characters in fiction. I fell in love with her long before the games came out, I pretty much grew up on the books the games are based on (VERY recommended; among the best I've ever read; the games' story is very faithful and acts as a sequel; there are many many references). Yen has very complex personality, that can be off-putting on the surface (I'll grant that), but there is a lot to her beneath.

I love Triss too, but for me the one and only Geralt's love is and always will be Yen. Their relationship is a full on rollercoaster, but also something that is transcending on many different levels...Two souls aligned for the lack of better words...
While I concur the books are phenomenal, and I love them dearly, I must say Yen is not much than a glorified tsundere. I mean, sure, she's complex, she's got a cold and often abrupt demeanour at first, then you peel layer after layer and she gets warmer and almost nicer, but that's just tsundere 101. To me, it's really with the appearance of Ciri that she starts to transition from insufferable bitch to mamma bear and thus gets interesting. That being said, Yen is for Geralt and Geralt is for Yen. Period.

Triss has been changed a lot in the game to appeal to a wider audience, such as making her a redhead when she was not, thus trapping fools like me into preferring her for base reasons such as immoderate love for redheads... The flesh is weak :(

That being said, I do not expect the Netflix adaptation to be anywhere near as good as the last turd I dropped after a night of raclette and wine. The key is to lower your expectations, so it might be passable in the end. Although that didn't work with the Gunnm movie that I refuse to call Alita, for fuck sake!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Yeah, right.....

So innocent.

You were joking yes?
Would I ever be serious? :p Think we already established that if Notty is Innocent, that it is likely one of her names given at birth. Then again would we really be happy if the writer for H5 would be a true innocent? I can't speak for anyone else, but a game where all the people were pure as snow, had never experienced anything in life and would be all virgins would not be highly interesting story. :p

Shit, nobody tell her I said that. I'm probably already in trouble for the song thing *runs and hides*
Well I have a very big silver mirror that has seen some use last few days you can loan if you need it. :p Love that song though.

Has saying that ever worked for anybody on anything? *is curious*
For some people hope springs eternal. :p
Anyway Notty, I bought two games based on your recommendations and/or comments (Witcher (I've got the other two as well) and Mass Effect), which one should I start playing while I'm waiting for CH4?
For me I would begin with ME1 since that one is most like a RPG still, though loved 2 and 3 they were a bit much shooter for me.

To be honest though I would be even more likely to fire up Baldurs Gate II again. Admittedly I am bit biased cause played it the day it came out so am used to the graphics, but neither ME, DA Origins, Kotor series (though I loved part 2 a lot, despite all it shortcomings, whispers Lost content restore mod:)) come even close to the splendor of that game or Jaheira and Viconia. :) That game together with Might & Magic 6 reinvented the role playing genre when they came out and BG II really comes close to having it all. If people can handle outdated graphics and some bugs Arcanum is also a really great game that has been forgotten in the mist of time.

As an aside somehow I end always up as Chaotic Good in those game or their equivalents, whatever route I decide to play in advance. :p

First you have to get it REALLY cold...
Does that not defeat the purpose of what you plan?:p

*is adorable!*
*preens!*

I was only dancing tho. Perfectly innocently.
*sage nods*
That depends completely upon the nature of that dance you were doing adorable one :p

*Strongly disagrees and believes both Part 1s to be the superior games of their respective series.
But then, I grew up playing games like of River Raid, Choplifter and Aztec Challenge, so can very much handle crude graphics.
ME1s overheat weapon mechanics were definitely the best, as were all the details to be found all over the place.
See above, but I think the first ever serious RPG I played was the original Bards Tale when auto mapping was not even in games yet, so I guess yeah for me story will always beat graphics, Then again I recently replayed Diablo I and Dungeon Keeper, so I might not be the best measuring stick. :p

Yeah unfortunately Douglas Adams is no longer with us, but everyone can still enjoy his works at least.

Last edited:

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
While I concur the books are phenomenal, and I love them dearly, I must say Yen is not much than a glorified tsundere. I mean, sure, she's complex, she's got a cold and often abrupt demeanour at first, then you peel layer after layer and she gets warmer and almost nicer, but that's just tsundere 101. To me, it's really with the appearance of Ciri that she starts to transition from insufferable bitch to mamma bear and thus gets interesting. That being said, Yen is for Geralt and Geralt is for Yen. Period.
Well, the "tsundere" part as you call is just a shell. A defense mechanism, if you will, that has much to do with her childhood, her being born a hunchback, mistreated by her own parents, and being shunned by everyone else. That's not who she really is. (I'm not awfully familiar with that tsundere term though, maybe I just misinterpret it wrong, but I wouldn't use the label).:)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: TheDevian and DA22

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
While I concur the books are phenomenal, and I love them dearly, I must say Yen is not much than a glorified tsundere. I mean, sure, she's complex, she's got a cold and often abrupt demeanour at first, then you peel layer after layer....
...and find she asks you to risk your life to go get her some shopping - and when you get back to take your shoes off before you tread mud in all over the carpet.

Horrid woman.

Besides, I can't cosplay her. So there! *considers this is the killer argument*

Sulring Durgul

Sep 2, 2018
To be honest though I would be even more likely to fire up Baldurs Gate II again. Viconia. :love: That game together with Might & Magic 6 reinvented the role playing genre when they came out and BG II really comes close to having it all. If people can handle outdated graphics and some bugs Arcanum is also a really great game that has been forgotten in the mist of time.
I wholeheartedly agree with this! I spent so many hours playing those games...

Reactions: DA22 and Akamari

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Well, the "tsundere" part as you call is just a shell. A defense mechanism, if you will, that has much to do with her childhood, her being born a hunchback, mistreated by her own parents, and being shunned by everyone else. That's not who she really is. (I'm not awfully familiar with that tsundere term though, maybe I just misinterpret it wrong, but I wouldn't use the label).:)
Well, I admit the tsundere part was really caricatural, in substance, it stands for someone who acts all mean and hostile in order to hide their true feelings, out of shyness mostly. Thing is, I like a bit of depth into my protagonists, but Yen can get aggravating, even though you know her past and the reasons why she put such an armor around her. She's not a badly written character, of course not, but as a reader, I sometimes got fed up of her bitchy facade. We get it, you had a shitty childhood. You know who else had a shitty childhood? Fucking everyone in that world!

So I can get why a lot of people, mainly those who didn't read the books, would likely prefer the perky Merigold to the bitchy Vengerberg.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Well, I admit the tsundere part was really caricatural, in substance, it stands for someone who acts all mean and hostile in order to hide their true feelings, out of shyness mostly. Thing is, I like a bit of depth into my protagonists, but Yen can get aggravating, even though you know her past and the reasons why she put such an armor around her. She's not a badly written character, of course not, but as a reader, I sometimes got fed up of her bitchy facade. We get it, you had a shitty childhood. You know who else had a shitty childhood? Fucking everyone in that world!

So I can get why a lot of people, mainly those who didn't read the books, would likely prefer the perky Merigold to the bitchy Vengerberg.
*has read them - and still thinks she's horrid!*

In other news, I came third in the best writer thingy!

Not bad considering the size of the player base for H5. Not bad at all. Thankees for those that voted for me :)

3/10's of a game from a newb vs two of the most pop devs with completed games under their belts. Yeah...I did alright!

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
*has read them - and still thinks she's horrid!*

Not bad considering the size of the player base for H5. Not bad at all. Thankees for those that voted for me :)
You are welcome, think you deserve at least second though in that poll, but Philly is hard to beat with Depraved Awakenings completed and the rightful hype for City of Broken Dreamers.

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018

3/10's of a game from a newb vs two of the most pop devs with completed games under their belts. Yeah...I did alright!
This is an outrage! Hopefully, those poor misguided souls will see the errors of their way when chapters keep getting realasing with ever-increasing quality!

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes