RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
there's also Dragon Age: Origins... it has tons of choices and consequences.... I remember having to re-do the whole circle quest(fade included) because I didn't want to let Isolde sacrifice herself...if only companions conversation had consequences like in H5... sup morrigan, mages are cool and should be free... few minutes later... Sten, so your people thinks of mages as beasts? that's cool
True. But I'm Not Thea Lundgren! is going to need a few weeks to play all 3 series. :p

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Question!

On your cannon run (as I know you scamps will have tried to do everything...) how many of you took Chris' bet re Kelly? *is curious!*

*Poofs*
I took the bet in my first playthrough, guess there is a bit of a friendly rivalry going with Chris, besides she likely already got the best of me once so time to turn the tables and yeah I already suspected it was Kelly. :p

frap

Oct 17, 2018
woke up to five pages... whew

At least there was lots of... talk about games I haven't played... :(

Well I have to fit you scamps and my daily renders in before work somehow :)
:) We appreciate your level of dedication.

May I remind you hunni pie that all this started as your milkshake was bringing all the boys to the yard that was followed by the hefting of your bewbs.

I absolutely adore you but I do believe you are telling a fib when you claim innocence.
*is adorable!*
*preens!*

I was only dancing tho. Perfectly innocently.
*sage nods*
I'm... gonna stay out of this one. I'll just be... over there.

Ah but I didn't say what I was innocent of tho! Charges of arson, probs. :)
Technically correct is best correct?

*has read them - and still thinks she's horrid!*

In other news, I came third in the best writer thingy!

Not bad considering the size of the player base for H5. Not bad at all. Thankees for those that voted for me :)

3/10's of a game from a newb vs two of the most pop devs with completed games under their belts. Yeah...I did alright!
You were robbed! I demand a recount!

Question!

On your cannon run (as I know you scamps will have tried to do everything...) how many of you took Chris' bet re Kelly? *is curious!*

*Poofs*
Actually, yeah. I approached it as LT doesn't know anything about who it is... and is trying to build some camaraderie with this new group of people he's been thrown in with. Also, at that point was leaving my options open - have a date sometime in the week for drinks, another for VR games and, of course, the fight.

I have a story. I'm from Sweden and did 15 months conscription service. When you do the aptitude test to determine your placement I got pretty meh results so I couldn't get into the "good" places like Stockholm et c so they sent me to this place called Boden (I encourage you to check it out on a map). If you've ever been to bumfuck nowhere, that's where Boden is. The purpose of this place is to have a base for "winter excercises" to ensure vehicles and equipment are thoroughly tested in arctic climate. I didn't know this at the time and hadn't been very far north.
Boy was I in for a surprise. The training started in January, and on my second day it was the coldest day of some years. -37 C. We did outdoor marching, because that's what what the planning said. And if you know anything about military affairs, you know that nobody will ever think to change any training plan for "humane" reasons. You need so much clothes that you look like a penguin to go outside in that kind of weather and you have to stop like every kilometer or so and check for white spots in your buddys' faces so nobody gets frostbitten. You can't walk very fast either, or you risk frostbite in your lungs. To ensure that your nose does not freeze you breathe in with your mouth and out through your nose. It must have been a helluva sights. ~30 or so green penguins waddling along in barely synchronised waddle.
I don't think many people saw us though, because there is no school or work when it gets that cold and cars barely start.
Anyway, did you know that Hell in the nordic mythology is not fire and brimstone, but instead fucking cold? I totally understand why that is now.
My basic training was in Texas, with 2 weeks in White Sands, New Mexico in the summer. Saw 126°F (52.2°C) in the shade while out there. It was horrid.

Lived in Alaska, spent a year in Fairbanks - saw temps of -60°F (-51°C) - it doesn't matter how many layers you put on, it just plain hurts. But, why no wool face-masks to protect your cheeks/lungs?

Seems to me people react strangely to the in-game results of their actions. Because it's a game, they expect their character to get away with most everything... Well, tough! Bad shit happens when you do stupid, irresponsible things. They have to learn that actions have consequences.

I think that's one of those things that come from playing too many games with no consequences. Notty's gonna set 'em straight, you'll see.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Wait... You don't think Chris would try to kill the doctor and disguise it as a acident? *Looks at Notty... :unsure::unsure::LOL: :LOL:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I like the concept (and there's Becca, so :love:) but I hate these pyjamas with a burning passion. They've been used too much...
Have they? *doesn't play much these days*

Well it's not as though they stay on long, but I can mod them I suppose.

popabear

Jul 11, 2019
But, why no wool face-masks to protect your cheeks/lungs?
"It wasn't cold enough for that" lol. This is no joke :D. Since we took the necessary precautions (walking slow, checking for burns at regular intervals) it was deemed unnecessary. Face masks are only part of the standard gear if you're tank crew or a machine gunner or something like that, where you ride vehicles without a windscreen. I guess our instructors couldn't be bothered to requisition them. It's not like -37 is common in any way, even up there. It's was actually quite rare that it dipped below -30.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: TheDevian and DA22

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
If I were her commanding officer, I'd congratulate her on her shooting technique, then berate her about tunnel vision! Her shots landed closer to Walker than to her intended target. (She was shooting at the LGM, or rather at the ground close to a LGM, I hope?)
Just think, if Chris was holding her gun properly, how good would her aim have been then?
In other news, I came third in the best writer thingy!

Not bad considering the size of the player base for H5. Not bad at all. Thankees for those that voted for me :)

3/10's of a game from a newb vs two of the most pop devs with completed games under their belts. Yeah...I did alright!
*nods nods* Would have been nice to have beaten Pinkie, but he has far more fans than little old me, so never really going to happen. So third was really the best I could ever do.
Based on writing alone, you should easily have been second! I think Dr Pink's number of fans are only because of AL, his writing took a nosedive with BaDIK, I haven't been able to play it. I might give it another go in a couple of versions, but I'm a bit busy with other stuff right now. :)
*was younger and slimmer*

Eats food = grows boobs.

*blames the jaffa cakes*
You can't blame the Jaffa Cakes, they are as innocent as you claim to be! (sorry, they are as innocent as you are, slip of the tongue, honest!)
Question!

*Poofs*
In my first run-through, I took the bet because I wanted to see what would happen later.
Tidying up the first three chaoters a bit as well for this one. Few loose ends, minor typos etc and shifting all the credits to the end of the chapter as opposed to credit, hit a key sorta a thing.

Dropping a series of "intermission" cards in their place. :)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Ooh, fancy, I like it, I like it a lot.
I like the concept (and there's Becca, so :love:) but I hate these pyjamas with a burning passion. They've been used too much...
What's wrong with the pyjamas? I think they are cute! But then, anything would look cute on Becca! :love:

Last edited:

frap

Oct 17, 2018
Well we do have an inkling on how frap tends to think for bet number 1. :whistle:
Actually, in my "canon" playthrough - I'm going to step into the ring and take it like a man. If I'm lucky I may get a couple good licks in as well. So, yeah, if I have some candy I'd share.

In other playthroughs... who can say?

For the record: my canon is Annie - told her not tonight, because yes, I'm serious, took the bet about Kelly because I didn't know and hadn't made up my mind about Annie yet - took Sarah on the mission (because why send both LTs and leave a bunch of Ensigns?) - went to the fight (damnit, sis, you were supposed to tire her out for me, not piss her off!) - was professional with Trishia when I shut her down - and was polite and professional with Amanda.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Actually, in my "canon" playthrough - I'm going to step into the ring and take it like a man. If I'm lucky I may get a couple good licks in as well. So, yeah, if I have some candy I'd share.

In other playthroughs... who can say?

For the record: my canon is Annie - told her not tonight, because yes, I'm serious, took the bet about Kelly because I didn't know and hadn't made up my mind about Annie yet - took Sarah on the mission (because why send both LTs and leave a bunch of Ensigns?) - went to the fight (damnit, sis, you were supposed to tire her out for me, not piss her off!) - was professional with Trishia when I shut her down - and was polite and professional with Amanda.
Well if people are interested I could write out my canon playthrough with thoughts why, when I am done with the TLDR. One warning though it would be a serious wall of text :p

One thing that does surprise me a bit though is that I have not read any suspicion about our sweet Rarah flirting with the good Loot. We all know Sarah is smart enough to know what is in her service record and what that means. Everyone who took her to that cave also know she is good at getting her way.

Would it be possible that she decided that getting in MC's good book and flirting with him and maybe more might be a good way to get a commendation for the mission or maybe a transfer to engineering what she def has the skills for. If the last it is not impossible at least Annie is also in on the plot since she gives Sarah plenty of opportunities to shine as an engineer.

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes