frap

Oct 17, 2018
Stepping away for a bit, then heading out of town for a few days. I'll be back on later this afternoon/evening, probs early tomorrow morning and then as possible through Friday, with a massive backlog catch-up on Saturday.

In other words, now's your chance to make fun of me.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
I don't. All I do is ask about the in-game year and all I get is mockery.:cautious:
250px-Space1999_Year1_Title.jpg

This is a good example of why you don't put the year on sci fi.

So, I have a year jotted down somewhere. But it's not really important to the story.

My fear is once I date it then you can end up with random nit picking over scientific development, time and distance calculations and all sorts of non relevant things.

So much better for me to not give a date.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
View attachment 365532

So, I have a year jotted down somewhere. But it's not really important to the story.

My fear is once I date it then you can end up with random nit picking over scientific development, time and distance calculations and all sorts of non relevant things.

But there is already 2150 year, by which the I-class ships were built and launched. What's the harm in clarifying the current year? I don't get this at all.

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
View attachment 365532

Well, this is sensible enough.
But we know the truth.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
But there is already 2150 year, by which the I-class ships were built and launched. What's the harm in clarifying the current year? I don't get this at all.
Because then I would have to have enough astro physics to work out how long it would get to the system with Ophion, know the exact propulsion speed of the ships, establish how long each colony was set up including how long that would take etc.....

All for a year date.

It's totally not worth it from a time perspective. It adds nothing but risks plot holes. So no. No year.

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes