Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
I would like to clarify that Notty is totally straight ... it's just her side piece that's gay and she says no lesbo before and after.
EXCLUSIVE!!
After days and days of sleuthing around, I've finally found a photo of Notty. I've cut out the top of the photo so she won't be assailed by all you pervs, but here she is:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
EXCLUSIVE!!
After days and days of sleuthing around, I've finally found a photo of Notty. I've cut out the top of the photo so she won't be assailed by all you pervs, but here she is:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Boob aren't big enough only based on what Notty has told us, I'm not a stalker, no really I'm not!

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Notty did you ever solve the size matters problem satisfactory? Remember when read about that debate that someone suggested using update patches, I know Philly and ASLPRO and a few others used that system when DA and Wicked choices became to big and also saw it used a few times for bug fixes.
I have a non patch solution in place but need to look at building in an effective patch system. Once I've got all the renders sorted and running I'll look at the coding for it.

frap

Oct 17, 2018
I have a non patch solution in place but need to look at building in an effective patch system. Once I've got all the renders sorted and running I'll look at the coding for it.
I was looking into that a while back - iirc - Ren'Py has a process for that, but it requires a url that the game can contact to check for updates/patches. Hosting might be a pain to find, and I didn't dig into what the requirements for the patch server were.

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
I was looking into that a while back - iirc - Ren'Py has a process for that, but it requires a url that the game can contact to check for updates/patches. Hosting might be a pain to find, and I didn't dig into what the requirements for the patch server were.
I looked too for my own game and from what I understood I would have to code something into the game from the start that would allow me to have incremental updates; then yeah, there is the whole having the files hosted somewhere; I was looking at GitHub or somewhere similar.

suwanka

Dec 27, 2018
*taps chin and thinks* Not averse to the idea as a whole, but I got hardly any responses when I asked for questions for "Dear eye in the sky" and the timeframe to make BP is pretty tight. I'd hate to announce it - then have to write it all myself, y'know?
I feel like this is an example of why this thread, moving as fast as it does, is a difficult place to get constructive things done. I feel a little disappointed that I missed the call for "Dear eye in the sky". The idea came from wanting to write my interaction with the Chris Domme route in a silly dear penthouse style. I should write it anyway, it's been a while since I've done any creative writing.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: TheDevian

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
What did you think of her in Another Life (Netflix series)?
I haven't seen that.

The only things i've seen her in have been Battlestar Galactica and Longmire. I'll have to check that one out.
I was very disapointed with this series. I was expecting a space sci-fi series, instead i got a telenovela that takes place aboard a spaceship.
I will say she has aged well, and still looks good in panties and a tank (pants and vest) and leave it at that.
Indeed. She is one of the only good things in the series. :p

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
I feel like this is an example of why this thread, moving as fast as it does, is a difficult place to get constructive things done. I feel a little disappointed that I missed the call for "Dear eye in the sky". The idea came from wanting to write my interaction with the Chris Domme route in a silly dear penthouse style. I should write it anyway, it's been a while since I've done any creative writing.
Do.

Send it to me and I'll see what I can do. Probs will be for next issue now tho.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Well I am pretty sure that neither Philly or Jack hosted it somewhere since their patches were just downloadable from Patreon through Mega and on this site. Wont hurt asking either of them though. Also both added it at a later time.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: TheDevian and frap

frap

Oct 17, 2018
Well I am pretty sure that neither Philly or Jack hosted it somewhere since their patches were just downloadable from Patreon through Mega and on this site. Wont hurt asking either of them though. Also both added it at a later time.
Yeah, those types of patches work, but require the user to place it correctly themselves - especially on Mac where you need to right-click the app, select "Show Package Contents" then drill down to the game directory. Ren'Py also has a self-updater/patcher capability where you can click on a button in the menu and automagically download and install a patch. That's the one I'm talking about. :)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: TheDevian and DA22

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Yeah, those types of patches work, but require the user to place it correctly themselves - especially on Mac where you need to right-click the app, select "Show Package Contents" then drill down to the game directory. Ren'Py also has a self-updater/patcher capability where you can click on a button in the menu and automagically download and install a patch. That's the one I'm talking about. :)
Yeah that can lead to a lot of questions even if people can look at a video that explains the process step by step. On the other hand a voiced instruction video by Becca may do wonders for the interest peeps show. :p

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Well, re having some kind of journal to list all major choices on the playthrough, I do think it'd be a good idea. To tell you the truth, that's a feature I plan to add in a certain game about traveling vikings :p
I guess that would help people along the way to just load X save and look at the journal and say: "Oh, this is the playthrough where I've been only one third of an asshole and killed this character but let this one live" :p
*keeps mulling this*

Pondering a quick view status bar on the PDA showing who is alive or dead perhaps.

For some of you that could end up being rather useful I suspect....

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes