Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
*eyes*

Now listen here missy. Obviously you're just a cheeky pirate whereas I am one of the exalted dev Gods, so there's something you probably don't appreciate.

After a hard day making naughty pictures (and in Four there are a lot of naughty pictures) a girl can get a bit...frustrated. And so what I like to do, to ease that frustration and not get cranky, is to spend time in my garden. I find it relaxing. Very.

Now without my garden key, I can't really use any of my garden tools in the garden - and in fact I can't really access the garden at all. All I can do is spend time in the back passage and that's not half as much fun.

So, although you are a super-dooper friend. Key.
:(

No need to shout, I was only trying to be nice.

I would also like to play in your garden. I want to see if I can get the sprinkler to work.

But here is the key...

I has been good girl?

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Rank structure doesn't apply to Jr Officers....?

Maybe it will develop further.... but Chris came down on Annie pretty hard in that Drunk/Fuck sequence.
Think of it as being "same mess" rules. There's a really detailed explanation somewhere on this thread (God knows where tho!).

But in short, relationships with different messes or junior officers that could effect command decisions is a no-no. So Chris trying to bang Annie is way out. Won't happen. Chris trying with Sarah. Maybe, but not on the mission - although she might try to seed it for later. Chris trying with Kelly. Green light. Chris and the MC. Green light.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Think of it as being "same mess" rules. There's a really detailed explanation somewhere on this thread (God knows where tho!).

But in short, relationships with different messes or junior officers that could effect command decisions is a no-no. So Chris trying to bang Annie is way out. Won't happen. Chris trying with Sarah. Maybe, but not on the mission - although she might try to seed it for later. Chris trying with Kelly. Green light. Chris and the MC. Green light.
Additional.

Also Annie is mission critical at the mo. She's the only ship engineer on the planet. Kelly on the other hand? She's a traffic and logistics officer with no traffic and no logistics. Tbh Chris probably sees her as an utter waste of space.

Factor in that Annie obvs has a history of this sorta thing (and equally obviously that Chris keeps covering up for her...) no wonder Chadders went balistic. "Here we go again....and now? Of all times?"

PJWhoopie

May 14, 2019
Maybe the rank structure works differently in the British Military than the US Military.... (and the Space Force). Sarah clearly is under Chris' authority, and would be a no go. Also, once Chris hits the ground on the station she is the senior leadership and Kelly....

Oh fiddlesticks.

Chris can do what the fuck she wants with whoever she wants whenever she wants.... ok.

MC has to walk a fine line and must close doors behind him after he goes through. got it.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: TheDevian and DA22

frap

Oct 17, 2018
Additional.

Also Annie is mission critical at the mo. She's the only ship engineer on the planet. Kelly on the other hand? She's a traffic and logistics officer with no traffic and no logistics. Tbh Chris probably sees her as an utter waste of space.
Utter waste of space, especially since she went ballistic on her. Otherwise she might've been a fun plaything, or a tool to tweak MC's nose a bit.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Maybe the rank structure works differently in the British Military than the US Military.... (and the Space Force). Sarah clearly is under Chris' authority, and would be a no go. Also, once Chris hits the ground on the station she is the senior leadership and Kelly....

Oh fiddlesticks.

Chris can do what the fuck she wants with whoever she wants whenever she wants.... ok.

MC has to walk a fine line and must close doors behind him after he goes through. got it.
No that's not it at all. Same rules apply.

You may disagree with the rules of course. But they are consistent.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017

Oh fiddlesticks.

It's all about officers and non-officers. Annie is a non-officer and thus off-limits to all officers.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017

Oh fiddlesticks.

It's like this. Any sexual relationship that doesn't cross the line is allowed according to the rules as long as it doesn't endanger the mission (not talking MC x Kelly ofc).

MC, Chris, Sarah, Kelly
---------------------------
Annie

frap

Oct 17, 2018

Oh fiddlesticks.

Sarah, Kelly, Chris and MC are all junior officers (O1 - O3) - yes, Chris & Sarah is no-go for now, until Sarah is assigned to a different crew or job entirely. Not stopping Chris from flirting though.

On the ground, the station is run by civilians, not military. Command is Amanda Walker - Chris and MC are O3s, sure, they outrank the rest of the military crew, but Kelly is not under either of their direct command structure. Sarah is not under MC's direct command structure. (Neither is Annie, but you're talking about and NCO and an Officer - which is supposed to be a big no-no, but I found it odd how twice an officer from my battalion married an NCO from my battalion - in one case from the same company - NCO moved to a different company.)

I would guess getting away with a public relationship with Annie would require one of:
  • Annie quits the service
  • Annie does something outrageous and manages to get commissioned
  • MC quits the service
  • MC and Annie marry and find a competent military lawyer to unravel the mess

PJWhoopie

May 14, 2019
It's like this. Any sexual relationship that doesn't cross the line is allowed according to the rules as long as it doesn't endanger the mission
I think we are close to beating a dead horse here, but with only 3 Crew members on the ship, and 4(?) people on the ground.... any sexual relationship would endanger the mission. All the Military folks in the "Theater of Operations" Ship/Ground would be under the command of the Senior Leadership - the MC and Chris. In other circumstances, Chris + MC would be ok... Kelly and Sarah = OK, and the Military and the Civilians would be OK. But in those close quarters....

But hey, I understand, its a game.... set on space ships.... in space.

Reactions: DA22

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
It's all about officers and non-officers. Annie is a non-officer and thus off-limits to all officers.
Unless no one else is there to bear witness and/or there aren't any pics and vids ( if we take Chris profile into account). I think Chris is quite hypocritical in this regard. :unsure:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: DA22 and Akamari

PJWhoopie

May 14, 2019
I forgot about Amanda... she is a Civilian though... right?

Still, when an O3 walks into your shop, and you are an 01.... you still jump, no?

Not stopping Chris from flirting though.
In 2019 (in the US) when a Senior officer flirts with a jr officer, it is called Sexual Harassment... at least that is what AFN tells me.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
I think we are close to beating a dead horse here, but with only 3 Crew members on the ship, and 4(?) people on the ground.... any sexual relationship would endanger the mission. All the Military folks in the "Theater of Operations" Ship/Ground would be under the command of the Senior Leadership - the MC and Chris. In other circumstances, Chris + MC would be ok... Kelly and Sarah = OK, and the Military and the Civilians would be OK. But in those close quarters....

But hey, I understand, its a game.... set on space ships.... in space.
Respectfully, you don't seem to understand. This is the article that describes what I cited as endangering the mission.

"Article 40 states that an officer in command will not allow any personnel to endanger a high priority mission. Actions which are considered as such are those which are inherently dangerous to others, or engaging in such actions as burglary, rape, sodomy or aggravated assault or other actions which threaten the completion of the mission as a whole. The officer in command may take what actions they see fit as circumstances allow."

This article is about fraternization between ranks. Ensigns and lieutenants fall into the same category.

Article 27 of the military code regards fraternization of a sexual nature between junior and senior ranks as a chargeable offence for the parties involved.

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes