Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Unless no one else is there to bear witness and/or there aren't any pics and vids ( if we take Chris profile into account). I think Chris is quite hypocritical in this regard. :unsure:
Chris is very mission focused and Annie is her best friend, so it makes sense she would try to protect her from some guy she just met, particularly if it breaks the rules.:)

PJWhoopie

May 14, 2019
What don't I understand?

I think you are making my point for me. In the small space that this mission is.... Any sexual contact between Chris/Annie/Kelly/Sarah would fall under Article 40 you posted above. So Chris telling Annie that she would, "fall to her womanly charms, the contact during the strip down re-entry, and the open chasing of Kelly... ALL fall under this."

And of course, the MC and Annie are Article 27... no questions asked.

Reactions: Goblin Baily: DILF

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
What don't I understand?

I think you are making my point for me. In the small space that this mission is.... Any sexual contact between Chris/Annie/Kelly/Sarah would fall under Article 40 you posted above. So Chris telling Annie that she would, "fall to her womanly charms, the contact during the strip down re-entry, and the open chasing of Kelly... ALL fall under this."

And of course, the MC and Annie are Article 27... no questions asked.
Ask yourself this question. What is actually Chris' mission? We don't know for certain, but it is most likely simply to transport the MC to the station. Chris' crew includes Sarah and Annie - therefore critical to her mission. Hence, rule 40. Now what happened between Chris and them? A friendly banter between two friends and a bit of flirting. None of that breaks the rules. Chris knows what she can do and what she can't.

MC is not a member of her crew, neither is Kelly. As long as the encounters with them don't specifically endanger either MC's or Chris' mission they can happily shag together. Kelly is not important at all.

Reactions: DorcasAurelia

frap

Oct 17, 2018
Apparently checking in occasionally, liking a few posts and posting one or two responses is frowned upon.

Chris is very mission focused and Annie is her best friend, so it makes sense she would try to protect her from some guy she just met, particularly if it breaks the rules.:)
Wanted to "like" that one, but got this :(
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Aside all that - how many of you have a "canon" Annie play through?

In your canon Annie play through how are you considering handling the whole Article 27 thing? I'm actually thinking if we're given the option, to ask her which of us should quit. ;)

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Yes Jr officers, but a 03 cant be sleeping with an 01 that works for them.... you are saying otherwise.... right?
I don't know what you mean by 03 or 01 but as far as the article is concered they are junior officers, so on the same level. No further distinction is made.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Chris spends most of the day chasing Kelly. She is as much guilty as the MC who decided to get piss drunk with Annie and try bed her. The only difference is that Kelly didn't return her advances so far as we know.

Apparently checking in occasionally, liking a few posts and posting one or two responses is frowned upon.

Wanted to "like" that one, but got this :(
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

In your canon Annie play through how are you considering handling the whole Article 27 thing? I'm actually thinking if we're given the option, to ask her which of us should quit. ;)
Stop spamming the like button Frap.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

PJWhoopie

May 14, 2019
Chris is very mission focused and Annie is her best friend, so it makes sense she would try to protect her from some guy she just met, particularly if it breaks the rules
I here what you are saying.... I am trying to get my arms around what Chris is protecting Annie from though. A one night stand? Chris comes down pretty hard on her after she is caught. I'd argue that Chris should have called her in and said, "Hey, I need you focused here.... I can't have you getting hammered after hours and jeopardizing our ability to make this bird fly.... so stay out of the bar until we get the ship sorted".

Maybe she did , and it was off screen and we didn't get to see it. If so, maybe it could be added in later to give the seen more context.

Again, I think we suffer from trying to put US Military code on the backs of some fantasy space force. Maybe their rules are different. I have no idea what the British Military Justice Code is... or if that is what Nottravis is basing the Heavy Five structure on.

It is not that I "don't understand"... its just maybe I cast a wider net for "endangering the mission" than most.

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018

Well, Annie's been my fav since chapter 1, thus my canon playthrough is an Annie playthrough. But other girls are rapidly becoming charming as fuck, especially Sarah, so in the end, I don't know what will be canon and what won't be. I guess I'll decide my canon playthrough retrospectively :p

That being said, even though I said no to Annie during the Drunk&Funk event, I don't know how we should handle that stupid article :/ My main idea would be to bed her on the down-low and deal with it when shit hits the fan. Is it mature? Absolutely not. But Pepito Massiveshlong is a man of danger!

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017

I do, but Sarah is making it difficult for me.;)

Yeah, I would try to persuade her to quit. I mean her career won't go anywhere anyway. Or if she was unwilling, I would quit myself.

Alternatively, we would steal the Vanguard and start Ophion Space Pirates! I don't think it would take much to convince the parrot to join either, since Rah-Rah's career is on the verge of collapse. :)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: DA22 and frap

frap

Oct 17, 2018
I do, but Sarah is making it difficult for me.;)

Yeah, I would try to persuade her to quit. I mean her career won't go anywhere anyway. Or if she was unwilling, I would quit myself.

Alternatively, we would steal the Vanguard and start Ophion Space Pirates! I don't think it would take much to convince the parrot to join either, since Rah-Rah's career is on the verge of collapse. :)
Hmmm - and use Kelly as in insider when she's in logistics (she gets shares of the haul for telling us where to find it, for sure.)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Akamari and DA22

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Chris spends most of the day chasing Kelly. She is as much guilty as the MC who decided to get piss drunk with Annie and try bed her. The only difference is that Kelly didn't return her advances so far as we know.
No, it's different. Please read my or Notty's previous posts. Annie is off limits to all. Kelly is a fair game to all (except Annie). Chris pursuing Kelly breaks no rules whatsoever.

PJWhoopie

May 14, 2019
I'll say this and then duck, but Annie is my least favorite Character (I didn't say she wasn't well written and dynamic, she is just MY least favorite).

But, because the game is very compelling and well written and fun, I went through and played them ALL (we all did... right?)

*aside* the game is built as having "choices" at the backbone, but sadly, "having them all" is the ONE choice we don't get to have... yet????

My first time play through, I didn't do the Annie thing because of the whole Article 27 thing.... so in my gamer mind, she was off limits... likewise for Sarah ( as she was jr to me in rank). So, I went for Chris as it seem to be the most logical match (though she is married.....:( )

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
I'll say this and then duck, but Annie is my least favorite Character (I didn't say she wasn't well written and dynamic, she is just MY least favorite).

But, because the game is very compelling and well written and fun, I went through and played them ALL (we all did... right?)

*aside* the game is built as having "choices" at the backbone, but sadly, "having them all" is the ONE choice we don't get to have... yet????

My first time play through, I didn't do the Annie thing because of the whole Article 27 thing.... so in my gamer mind, she was off limits... likewise for Sarah ( as she was jr to me in rank). So, I went for Chris as it seem to be the most logical match (though she is married.....:( )
As a big Annie fan... I'm totally okay with you liking her less than others :)
If you look at it as first, all the women are either "militarily" unavailable (Annie, Sarah), married (Chris, Trisha), frown upon by society (Kelly, little green man n°2) or suspicious as fuckity fuck (Amanda, Mike and Marcus*).

Please McGruder, come quick, ye wee scunner basterd!

*Yes, M&M's are frankly women at this point!

frap

Oct 17, 2018

No need to duck - the heart wants what it wants. ;)

Re a harem route: Notty has said a few times that it will be possible, but very difficult. I almost said hard and my inner ten-year-old said "huh, hard, hehe!"

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
No need to duck - the heart wants what it wants. ;)

Re a harem route: Notty has said a few times that it will be possible, but very difficult. I almost said hard and my inner ten-year-old said "huh, hard, hehe!"
I fear the harem route will be real close to the blackmailing waterloving bastard route :x
I don't see any way where more than one girl would get with you knowing you're shagging on the side. At least, not if you're in a serious relationship.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: DA22 and Akamari

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
I here what you are saying.... I am trying to get my arms around what Chris is protecting Annie from though. A one night stand? Chris comes down pretty hard on her after she is caught. I'd argue that Chris should have called her in and said, "Hey, I need you focused here.... I can't have you getting hammered after hours and jeopardizing our ability to make this bird fly.... so stay out of the bar until we get the ship sorted".

Maybe she did , and it was off screen and we didn't get to see it. If so, maybe it could be added in later to give the seen more context.

Again, I think we suffer from trying to put US Military code on the backs of some fantasy space force. Maybe their rules are different. I have no idea what the British Military Justice Code is... or if that is what Nottravis is basing the Heavy Five structure on.

It is not that I "don't understand"... its just maybe I cast a wider net for "endangering the mission" than most.
I guess Chris tolerates her drinking because Annie would do it anyway? They're best friends, which is why she is not so hard on her in general. And despite her vices Annie is very competent as an engineer. IMO it's better to have a crew that works together well.

Thing is, they don't know the MC. They just met him that day. Chris can easily see it as her drunk friend being taken advantage of. And it breaks the rules. If it got out that would be the end of Annie's career.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: DA22 and frap
4.10 star(s) 64 Votes