I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
Ok. I'll address your complains...
1)game has too many lines to read... I assume you picked the faster option to get it over with....
2)it's too short... I wonder... if the girls don't like you, you're just given the basic story, no snooping around, no invites for drinks, no sparring offer and not Chris doesn't want a pet... but all of that is on you as all content is optional... considering that the game has multiple paths possible to reach a conclusion, it's a decent content to file size ratio..there's also the option of pissing someone off and that person won't talk to the MC
3) conspiracy theories and the malfunction of the vanguard... Actually both Chris and Annie tell you that something is wrong but since they don't know the MC, an outsider, they must trust you first...
4) Annie must be the gamer because she's Asian ? By that logic she should also be a prude and a master of some martial art.... the first one I wouldn't want for reasons, the latter would be awesome
Don't forget that it's marked as a visual novel and in the rules for new games that means "Visual novel: Focus on story, minimal choice:text ratio, vast majority of choices are dialogue based."

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
4) Annie must be the gamer because she's Asian ? By that logic she should also be a prude and a master of some martial art.... the first one I wouldn't want for reasons, the latter would be awesome
Annie, Mistress of Tech-fu (because anyone with such stereotypes, probably would have no problem with a Japanese woman knowing a Chinese art), and the glorious art of fencing (because you use a foil, and make it into a hat!).

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
1 I wasn't really meaning to many lines I mean like in the first chapter there is free roaming going from room to room great, then in chapter 2 and 3 you don't get that same option it's just a series of clicking choices. Why.
2 I got the sparring and VR and beer invites that's not a problem.
3 Really? Withholding info from a higher ranking officer that's important to his and the crews safety?
4 No. Sarah is a drinker because of her looks. And someone has to be a gamer for the story to work so annie is the logical option.
Withholding info is a problem, withholding conspiracy theories and accusations without proof is a wise choice.
Couldn't you simply have said that this is not a sandbox it would've avoided all the unpleasantly...
There's plenty of games where you have to stand in the hallway with a dried fish at a certain hour to receive the reward for cleaning your landlady's bathtub seventeen times.

Dripping

Feb 16, 2019
3 Really? Withholding info from a higher ranking officer that's important to his and the crews safety?
Just regarding this one: the Player Character is *not* part of the crew, and of the same rank as the captain, and thus falls outside the entire hierarchy of the crew. The player and the crew are of different branches within the hierarchy. Even if the captain were to fall in combat, the crew does not fall under the players' command unless the player orders them to give him control (and in many countries, even that is not legally possible).

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
1 I wasn't really meaning to many lines I mean like in the first chapter there is free roaming going from room to room great, then in chapter 2 and 3 you don't get that same option it's just a series of clicking choices. Why.
4 No. Sarah is a drinker because of her looks. And someone has to be a gamer for the story to work so annie is the logical option.
1) Are you all hateful just because it does have the freeroam only in the first part so far? This is not a sandbox VN, it's a choice-based story-focused visual novel.
2) What is then?
3) MC is a lieutenant, the same rank as Chris. This is not his crew, he's essentially a passenger.
4) Looks define personality or interests? In what universe?

definitely right, but i would suggest to not feed the trolls here anymore, they don't deserve our time and comments ;)
I know, I know... Still, as extremely low as the chance is, even a troll can perhaps see an error of his ways sometimes.:)

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
I am absolutely fine with you and your opinions, but when making a review, you really need to say what you mean.

You never mentioned the removal of "movement options" which is totally valid. Put that in the review.

You mentioned needs more mini games, were you expecting them in a visual novel?, or did you have a patreon copy with the rock paper scissors content?

Your dislike of Becca is perfectly fine, not everyone likes mascots.

Your opinion on the power situation may be right or wrong. That would have been fine discussion material in the thread, but since there is no "reveal" on the truth, you can't know and thus shouldn't be in the review.

You used logical fallacies to come to your answer. Please read up on them. These will help you throughout life.

I think Notty would agree Ch 1 was small and even 2 was. This was her first venture into game making and having a lesser rig, thus what was made was what was put out. However it is a lot better than most games that came out with their 0.01 content that is basically a tech demo.

Complaining a visual novel requires a lot of clicking and reading though. I don't think you understand what one is.

Complaining that character roles are mixed up. Sarah (blonde) always acts like Sarah and Annie (Asian) always acts like Annie, I assume you mean that the stereotype in your head for how you think a blonde and asian should be didn't pan out. Asians can be drunkards too, if you ever were in Japan, South Korea, or China, walk down a major street in the evening, you will find dudes plastered and laying in the middle of the side walk. Drinking culture is a huge thing in Asia, Blondes playing video games, yeah, well pretty much everyone is a gamer now with mobile games, and shit look at twitch or mixer, etc. Tons of men and women of all colors/shapes/sizes/nationalities/etc to choose from, even those rare elusive blondes. All I'm saying is stereotypes aren't the greatest thing to run with.

Seriously some of your thoughts are valid to put in the review, just do it well.

Dripping

Feb 16, 2019
The game universe is whatever the designer decides it to be, NOT what players assume it to be. Please don't get me started about the nonsense of indoctrination theories because some idiot players thought the design of the universe was their responsibility.

Reactions: TheDevian

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
I think your right.But I just can't fucking stand this game. Maybe I play to many LN idk. I just can't seem to find anything special about this game maybe that is why I hate it so much.
4. This universe. Don't try to change my mind on 4.
You do realise that you don't have to hate everything that is not special for you? Does the game deserve your hate just because it doesn't suit your preferences? Your reaction seems completely irrational no matter how I look at it.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Yea but this game pisses me off otherwise I wouldn't be here. If it was a meh game I would never have rated it. I have only felt this hated for 1 other thing in my life and that the anime steins gate OMFG POS.
Based on what you said, your review breaks two rules.

1. Try to be objective, describe your reasoning and highlight what key aspects of the content were good or bad.
  2. Your review shouldn't be solely focused on your feelings about a specific genre.
You are not even trying to be objective.
You are focused on hating the game because it's not a sandbox genre.

Dripping

Feb 16, 2019
I think by either using the report button, or by editing it. The latter would be fair, you can totally review the quality of the renders, like, how especially in the first chapters they're okay but not exceptional (yet), or say something about the writing style, whether you like the character depth, design of characters, etc.
We all have to be honest though, positive reviews aren't always objective either.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Well the one and only thing I will say about those reviews. In my opinion this game does deserve at least a three star rating even if you hate the setup of the game, just for the renders, content being there, strength of characters and so on. Now I will admit I am biased, else I would not have decided to support this game with a little bit of my money monthly. I guess that is the ultimate review one can give. :p

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes