RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Vanguard@Ophion@VanguardOphion1
I blew up. Again. Twelve times in one night. And yet here I still am? Am I a God?
Several short circuit while Annie and Sarah try test things on the ship?

Previous one was about the MC mission being leaked... :unsure:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: DA22 and TheDevian

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Nottravis On some other news it seems Philly got the green light for a release of Depraved Awakenings on steam after Acting Lessons is already released. Saw on their patreon that also Faerin and Runey are in negotiations with Steam. So looks like Steam is serious about releasing adult games now. Might be a good idea for you to look into, since I would be surprised if they would not be interested in Heavy Five especially after completion. Could be a great way to monetize the game.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Nottravis On some other news it seems Philly got the green light for a release of Depraved Awakenings on steam after Acting Lessons is already released. Saw on their patreon that also Faerin and Runey are in negotiations with Steam. So looks like Steam is serious about releasing adult games now. Might be a good idea for you to look into, since I would be surprised if they would not be interested in Heavy Five especially after completion. Could be a great way to monetize the game.
*peeks in*

Thank you for this and I appreciate both the heads up and for the idea. But, at the risk of sounding ungrateful (when I'm most certainly not!) is I don't think this would work for me.

Two things instantly cross my mind.

The first is I'm not sure the content would be suitable for Steam. I know we haven't seen much yet but that's largely due to the nature of putting the story first but as we progress....*taps chin and thinks*. Alright, all the content is gated so the player should never see anything they don't want to but that doesn't get around the fact that the content -can- get pretty...um...beyond kinky? Should I be able to do everything I want to do, H5 will end up being one of the more extreme games on the site, and I'm really not sure how that would roll with Steam.

The second point, and the one that might be more of a sticking point, is my own attitude on this. I don't wish to sound judgemental or priggish about this (and yes I know I'm typing this on a pirate site which will make this sound even odder!) but I don't know if it would be ethical for me to do so.

Y'see the game will only get made as good as the final product will be due to my patrons. No ifs and buts about it. I've been very strict with myself in that this is a hobby that has to be self funding so that means that the patron cash goes back into assets, hardware etc.

So what we will get at completion is largely what the patrons have contributed to. They will have, bar the nonsense I type, have made it. It's their game really - not mine. So for me to pop that up on Steam and make cash off the back of it sits somewhat uneasy with me. Yes, yes, there is effort on my part I know - and yes, yes, extra cash will help the next game and the next etc. But...it would still feel odd? I'll have to think about this some more - but that can wait until Chapter Ten is out perhaps :)

But, thanks :)

Last edited:

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
The first is I'm not sure the content would be suitable for Steam. I know we haven't seen much yet but that's largely due to the nature of putting the story first but as we progress....*taps chin and thinks*. Alright, all the content is gated so the player should never see anything they don't want to but that doesn't get around the fact that the content -can- get pretty...um...beyond kinky? Should I be able to do everything I want to do, H5 will end up being one of the more extreme games on the site, and I'm really not sure how that would roll with Steam.
On this...and remember that ACIO and the content is gated, Chapter Four alone includes...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

...and the content keeps getting heavier as we go on. So...yeah. BUT! Remember! ACIO :)

*is now worried she'll put people off!*

Last edited:

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Should I be able to do everything I want to do, H5 will end up being one of the more extreme games on the site, and I'm really not sure how that would roll with Steam.
weirdest boner.gif
Y'see the game will only get made as good as the final product will be due to my patrons. No ifs and buts about it. I've been very strict with myself in that this is a hobby that has to be self funding so that means that the patron cash goes back into assets, hardware etc.

So what we will get at completion is largely what the patrons have contributed to. They will have, bar the nonsense I type, have made it. It's their game really - not mine. So for me to pop that up on Steam and make cash of the back of it sits somewhat uneasy with me. Yes, yes, there is effort on my part I know - and yes, yes, extra cash will help the next game and the next etc. But...it would still feel odd? I'll have to think about this some more - but that can wait until Chapter Ten is out perhaps :)
That's very commendable of you and I agree that further discussion should wait for the last chapter to be out, but you cannot blame peeps wishing to see a game they love getting the "official" recognition it deserves ;) Also, patrons may be the one funding the game, but you're still the artist. It would be like denying Michelangelo's involvement in the Sistine chapel's reputation. Sure, the church paid for the paint, but without Mikey, no one would care. Plus, the guy became some kind of mutant turtle at the end of his life. That was awkward.

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes