Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
much wow.png

I'm divided. On one hand, the new renders are so much more vivid and alive, on the other hand, I feel nostalgic already for the grainy old renders. They were the ones that made me fall in love with the game. Or to be more accurate, I fell in love with the game and didn't mind the grain at all.

Feels like seeing the girl you've been dating for months wearing make-up for the first time.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
It's too long already! I'm having withdrawal symptoms View attachment 388511
You were close 8 was 8 hours! :sneaky:
Anyone who has not heard her song has not experience life as it should be lived...

Also..

*looks thoughtful*

View attachment 388880

vs the original

View attachment 388882
The only thing I can think of is how strange of a couch that is to have on a spaceship... I hope it's attached. :LOL:
I'm a lazy arsed dev! I probs just used a stock photo so I could have one on the desk *sage nods*

Probably...
Don't buy it for a second! I know you plan every pixel to mean something! It's a message, written in code that only the truly faithful followers of the ACIO Cult can even begin to understand!!!!
That's because when you play, you don't focus as much on the pictures as when you just see it here. Especially when comparing to the remastered one.
The quality of the renders was a big part of why I tried this game in the first place, so I am happy either way.

That said, on grain, we have a new denoiser built into daz in the filters tab, and there are post processing denoisers you can run images though after the fact (though I haven't tried that myself). The new filter works pretty well for me, it's only a few really difficult (shiny) things That cause problems.

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Not shameful at all. Like I said, it's subtle enough that I didn't even notice it.

Let's not forget we wouldn't be here at all if it weren't for your and the old hamster's efforts. You made the best of what little resources you had back then. :)
Exactly. Press F to pay homage to Bear, the render hamster (Y-Y)7

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
*chuckles*

annie looks much better with the new lighting. her skin tone was kinda unnatural before
Thank you - and I agree. She looked odd in those old ones.

The only thing I can think of is how strange of a couch that is to have on a spaceship... I hope it's attached. :LOL:
Of course it is. Well I didn't figure they'd have just a bench :)

That said, on grain, we have a new denoiser built into daz in the filters tab, and there are post processing denoisers you can run images though after the fact (though I haven't tried that myself). The new filter works pretty well for me, it's only a few really difficult (shiny) things That cause problems.
*must try that at some point*

Let's not forget we wouldn't be here at all if it weren't for your and the old hamster's efforts. You made the best of what little resources you had back then. :)
That's true enough :)

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Thanks to my dyslexia, I thought you said to buy the RH a beer!
*must try that at some point*
While just turning on the setting will add more time to your render in and of itself, you will find that you will not need to run the renders for as long to get the same, if not better results. Like anything in Daz, it will take some tweaking to get it to where you are happy, and various scenes with have different requirements due to this, that, and the other fucking thing... :ROFLMAO:

Oddball2k

Woof, woof, woof!
Donor
Jun 1, 2018
Last one *promises*

It's just I feel a can be a bit spoilery on the SP as you know what is coming. Less so about the other scenes... ;)

View attachment 388469

Look at that tool kit! *cackles!*
Oh my, this tool kit has even a pain/bruises gradation as it is arranged on the wall from left to right... a whip, really??:eek::devilish:
Well you don't want hair too long when.....*shushes*
Wut, for a full whipping?! Pure evil!:devilish::devilish:
I've watched two documentaries (one Russian and one British) on Kim Philby and...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
As Notty stated, we will have the opportunity to ask Amanda about comrade Philby photo... will do my research after her response.:geek:
Anyone who has not heard her song has not experience life as it should be lived...

Also..

*looks thoughtful*

View attachment 388880

vs the original

View attachment 388882
Nice redo, more contrast and shadows enhance her b... i approve!:giggle:
I'm a lazy arsed dev! I probs just used a stock photo so I could have one on the desk *sage nods*

Probably...
Well, so a simple stock photo!:rolleyes::ROFLMAO:
Wow wow, now the shag option at that moment is not an option anymore!
"Annie, stop your grinnin' and drop your linen!":D
Lighting is hard... :sneaky:
But so revealing!:giggle:

Last edited:

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
As Notty stated, we will have the opportunity to ask Amanda about comrade Philby photo... will do my research after her response.:geek:
Sensible approach. I, however, will continue with my mad theories! I may get something right one day!:geek:

Nice redo, more contrast and shadows enhance her b... i approve!:giggle:
I noticed this nice little side effect too...:D

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
BTW, that was a quick week, you just can't get enough of us, can you? :love:
Well luckily we also enjoy her company, so that is a win-win in my book. :p

Well I agree that the first render is of way better quality indeed and looks way more clear in the details, but for some reason in the old pic her eyes speak more to me somehow. Ah well never some small losses with great gains. :love:

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Sensible approach. I, however, will continue with my mad theories! I may get something right one day!:geek:

I noticed this nice little side effect too...:D
Well I guess he is a part of the Profumo affair, not that into old British spies though Miss Keeley did look nice for a 60's woman. :p

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Me too! But, alas, I suspect Notty won't confirm any of them until after they have been proven in the game or after CH10 is out, whichever happens soonest! :unsure:;)
Might be also fun to know after ch 10 ends if she made any changes or additions based upon our speculations. Those would be minor I suspect since the main story is already written. :p

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes