Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Anyone who has not heard her song has not experience life as it should be lived...
Very true! It's a rare occasion where I really wish you had budget for voice acting...:D

Also..

*looks thoughtful*

View attachment 388880

vs the original

View attachment 388882
That's a staggering difference! Everything looks so smooth in comparison!:love:

Though to be honest, I kind of like the softer, dimmer tone of the original light, but it's certainly an improvement overall.

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
Anyhoo. Shush time from me for a bit. So don't worry about any silence for a week or so. Going to focus and race to get Four out. Laters!
I'm a lazy arsed dev! I probs just used a stock photo so I could have one on the desk *sage nods*

Probably...
BTW, that was a quick week, you just can't get enough of us, can you? :love:

Dripping

Feb 16, 2019
Anyone who has not heard her song has not experience life as it should be lived...

Also..

*looks thoughtful*

View attachment 388880

vs the original

View attachment 388882
Hmm, the new version has stronger shadows and slightly more vibrant skincolour. On the other hand, I like how the floor in the original one came out as a slightly more futuristic material.

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
That's a staggering difference! Everything looks so smooth in comparison!:love:

Though to be honest, I kind of like the softer, dimmer tone of the original light, but it's certainly an improvement overall.
The lighting might benefit from being a little more diffuse, but the overall quality of the remaster is undeniable! That being said, I don't know how spaceships light their hallways, so...

BTW, that was a quick week, you just can't get enough of us, can you? :love:
Told you!

Dripping

Feb 16, 2019
Most importantly, it's not grainy at all. Although, I admit I've never noticed that about the original before seeing the comparison.:)
Sometimes, I don't mind grainy at all, and simply don't notice it. I actually preferred playing ME1 with the grainy filter enabled, it really fit the retro sci-fi design style of that game. I tried with ME2 and ME3, but it just didn't fit with those as well as it did with the first game. (probably due to a slightly different design style with harder edges and bigger light/dark contrast, as well as an updated engine).

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes