Oddball2k

Woof, woof, woof!
Donor
Jun 1, 2018
Good morning all, 8 pages and the thread reached the 15K replies mark!!:)

What theories? This is a smut game remember.

You're not expecting complicated plot are you?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
View attachment 389569

vs

View attachment 389570

Again, unifying the colour scheme of the station at the same time
Oh, great!
But as it is a temporary accommodation, i am eager to see what a perm room looks like.
Ok, a drastic change here and with only some paint... nicely done!
That's a good point. However, we don't really know how much the station is automatised as far as, well, anything including the cleaning. Maybe Mike really has to work hard every day!:p

As for the resources, it doesn't seem to have that much, at least not from the official sources. Nuclear reactor disguised as a generator is highly suspicious. How long has it been there? And it was installed recently by the Iowa crew that also happened to take most of the staff off the station.
To be more precise, a nuclear reactor disguised with standard housing for the cooling tanks and a turbine which looks like a battery housing (according to the MC)... tremendously suspisious!!;)
Gorgeous render and Christine looks sexier also!!:love:
View attachment 389860

needs a little set dressing perhaps but that vs...

View attachment 389861
Shush, i need say no more!:love:
Perhaps a bit of lighting from the pad and it will be perfect IMO, love!:love:
(y):love:
and good morning :)

VERY last one.

View attachment 390242
I'm done in!:love::love::love:

*Toodles*

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
I think you might be just too attached to the originals. ;) If you look closely at Chapter Three or sneaky Chapter Four renders, the skins are just as smooth IMO. :)
Could be that you're right, of course. But I wasn't talking about chapter 3 and 4 but about the test "vs renders" we've seen. I think it's the most flagrant with the Joneses. When you compare, their skin has been smoothed a lot between the two images :unsure:

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Could be that you're right, of course. But I wasn't talking about chapter 3 and 4 but about the test "vs renders" we've seen. I think it's the most flagrant with the Joneses. When you compare, their skin has been smoothed a lot between the two images :unsure:
Yeah, I can see what you mean.

I think the largest problem I have with a lot of Daz renders, is when the light makes the skin look wet/plastic/shiny like. Maybe everyone is just sweating profusely?

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
So I don't think there is any real question it needs remastering. I just need to think on when is best to do it.
My suggestion would be to space it out as much as the OCD allows. Do some of it over the next few chapters or whatever, but hey, I know how it can be to get focused and wanting to keep going until something is done, so happy either way. ;) 2-3 months a chapter is worth it for a game like this anyway.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
and good morning :)

VERY last one.

View attachment 390242
Delicious render, you definitely have my interest. :p

Well like Huitieme I am on the fence about re-rendering as you know before the end because you will get so much better still and will want to do it another time or two. On the other hand you do feel that need and I agree you def can do better now. Basically I would wait for new comp and then see how fast you can re-render maybe on old comp while doing new ones for chapter 5 on new comp. Other option would be if work you can do on new comp is that much better just go for a month of re-rendering chapters 1-4 at once. and diminish need to rerender again later. Whatever you will decide to do though, you will have my support anyway, even if may sigh once or twice here. :p

Also no renders of Notty on the dance floor? Now we still have to belief Ava was actually right, we know you can do a mean battlerap but that is not the same as being a smooth mover. ;)

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
So I don't think there is any real question it needs remastering. I just need to think on when is best to do it.
You could always add a line or two from Becca at the beginning of CH4, something along the lines of "Mike did a woopsie and forgot to switch his switch, and now all of the cleaning bots have gone haywire, so you might notice one or two erm differences."

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
You could always add a line or two from Becca at the beginning of CH4, something along the lines of "Mike did a woopsie and forgot to switch his switch, and now all of the cleaning bots have gone haywire, so you might notice one or two erm differences."
That does not change the fact though that Notty is unhappy with chapters 1 and 2, though might work for going forward for now.

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
My suggestion would be to space it out as much as the OCD allows. Do some of it over the next few chapters or whatever, but hey, I know how it can be to get focused and wanting to keep going until something is done, so happy either way. ;) 2-3 months a chapter is worth it for a game like this anyway.
I think, if possible, it should be done before chapter 4 comes out. I know it means that we'll have to wait for the new chapter, but hear me out here.

Let's say chapter 4 comes out tomorrow. The masses rejoice, the land is fertile again, the blind recover eyesight, babies laugh, politicians give the money back to the people, the world is right anew. Then what happens? New peeps come here and wonder why we few, we happy few, sing the praises of Heavy Five and the Great Notty (blessed be Her name). So the new peeps download the game, and the first thing they see are these grainy renders! They close the game, delete it and leave forever wondering why we're so crazy about it.

Now, in this new paradigm, it all starts the same, except chapter 4's out later. People rejoice, politicians find they have a heart, etc. And the newbies come to us with shiny faces and *innocent* expectations. They download the first chapters and BAM!! Quality! Quality everywhere!

I guarantee you the tread will be flooded with "wy didn't i downloaded that game before?!?" Ok, it might become tedious, but think about the sweet patreon money that will go directly into Notty's beaver hamster... :D

Also, in a more serious tone, if Notty does indeed intend for the station to have a new appearance, it would be weird to either have the new graphics in chapter 4 but not the old ones or, worse, to keep going until she finally makes the decision to work on the remaster, but this time, the amount of work will be greater.

Just food for thought ;)

Last edited:

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Well, that could also work, but I fear it would break some of the immersion :unsure:

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Delicious render, you definitely have my interest. :p

Well like Huitieme I am on the fence about re-rendering as you know before the end because you will get so much better still and will want to do it another time or two. On the other hand you do feel that need and I agree you def can do better now. Basically I would wait for new comp and then see how fast you can re-render maybe on old comp while doing new ones for chapter 5 on new comp. Other option would be if work you can do on new comp is that much better just go for a month of re-rendering chapters 1-4 at once. and diminish need to rerender again later. Whatever you will decide to do though, you will have my support anyway, even if may sigh once or twice here. :p

Also no renders of Notty on the dance floor? Now we still have to belief Ava was actually right, we know you can do a mean battlerap but that is not the same as being a smooth mover. ;)
I agree, the longer the reworks take, the better they will be. :love:

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes