Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
My eyes!:eek:

Oh yes, a lot! I'm looking forward to it very much. It will be very interesting to roleplay from a different perspective. :)
And with about 20% different story too! :)

Yes! I'll definitely be playing it, will you be adding it at the end or sooner?
I thought the roadmap said at the end, no roadmap is final though till a game is finished. :p
Defo at the end. There's a bit to add on writing wise and render wise so not something I could do on a current chapter basis. Hell, it takes me long enough as it is! :)

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Is bloody awesome ;) Not just the great game with brilliant writing. A good story teller lets you escape reality for a while, a great story teller keeps you thinking long after story has been told. With a lot of games here I sit and find plot holes galore and pointlessly wait for the filler that never comes, with your game I find things that don't quite add up and go what am I missing? What could explain this?
Thank you :)

Yep, no plot holes for sure. Some stuff that maybe doesn't make sense yet but that's because either the MC doesn't know (or indeed you as the player may not have found it in your path) or because it's very subtle so far.

I do expect to catch a few of you out with things. No harm in that providing I'm fair of course. As long as at end of day I can say "See that? And that? And do you remember when X said Y?" I'll be happy.

Your mileage may vary of course :)

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Well I rarely play FeMC games on this site, since I do kinda dislike having to corrupt her or get raped by douchebags
Same for me. No one makes the female MC games to my liking.:(

Which is why I'm excited about being able to play a female MC the way I want to play thanks to Notty. With her brilliant writing I'm sure it will finally fill the gap in adult games for me! :)

I have no problem with immersion as a female character. In general (including non-adult games here), I do choose male option first, if games give a choice, but I like to do second runs with a female. The important part, however, is to have different dialogues to an extent. I like when NPC's react differently based on the gender of the PC.:)

Last edited:

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Well maybe not off the waiting per se, but I am adult enough nowadays to understand things do take their time. That little boy that preferred to have his presents a week early though is still a part of me for sure. :p
Well, I'm enjoying the waiting period just as well thanks to Notty's chattiness and all the regular barflies in the thread. :D

It's a bit odd. As much as getting a complete game at once would be ideal, I would miss all that. So I rather like it is what it is.:)

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
Well, I'm enjoying the waiting period just as well thanks to Notty's chattiness and all the regular barflies in the thread. :D

It's a bit odd. As much as getting a complete game at once would be ideal, I would miss all that. So I rather like it is what it is.:)
I agree, do you think we could persuade Notty to extend the game to 20 chapters? or maybe write a sequel before CH10 so that we don't have to quit cold turkey when it's finished? BTW Notty, I know this isn't even remotely possible, just dreaming. :);)

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Well maybe not off the waiting per se, but I am adult enough nowadays to understand things do take their time. That little boy that preferred to have his presents a week early though is still a part of me for sure. :p
I know :( Sadly it is the render time that's the bitch. Ballpark guess on where the time goes is probs 13% writing, 2% coding, 10% composition with the other 75% just being....waiting.

I saw on another thread a day or so a go that one dev has a rig with -sixteen- graphic cards! How is that even possible?! But what would that make? An hour render, five minutes?

One day...

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
I agree, do you think we could persuade Notty to extend the game to 20 chapters? or maybe write a sequel before CH10 so that we don't have to quit cold turkey when it's finished? BTW Notty, I know this isn't even remotely possible, just dreaming. :);)
You say that but I do wonder about extending the chapter length a little. There are a couple of chapters towards the end where a lot goes on and maybe they could do with a little more room to breath.

I'm minded of the last season of GoT where another couple of episodes -might- have allowed it all to make a bit more sense.

But we'll see. The plan is still for ten at the moment.

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

Donor
Jun 21, 2017
I know :( Sadly it is the render time that's the bitch. Ballpark guess on where the time goes is probs 13% writing, 2% coding, 10% composition with the other 75% just being....waiting.

I saw on another thread a day or so a go that one dev has a rig with -sixteen- graphic cards! How is that even possible?! But what would that make? An hour render, five minutes?

One day...
I think I know which one you mean, it was multiple machines totalling that many cards, all rendering at the same time.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017

Oddly enough I think it works better as chapters as that's how it was designed (albeit with the expectation it would be a fuck site quicker!) . Rather than a film it's a series of TV episodes.

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

Donor
Jun 21, 2017
You say that but I do wonder about extending the chapter length a little. There are a couple of chapters towards the end where a lot goes on and maybe they could do with a little more room to breath.

I'm minded of the last season of GoT where another couple of episodes -might- have allowed it all to make a bit more sense.

But we'll see. The plan is still for ten at the moment.
I'll take what I can get! :love:

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018

One day...
Well I am pretty sure that even with a rig with those capabilities it would only challenge you to do new things that you can't do now, so rendering will keep taking time and that is not a problem really. Managing expectations and doing great work do take time and you need some time to reflect on your work to make the changes that are needed.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Same for me. No one makes the female MC games to my liking.:(

Which is why I'm excited about being able to play a female MC the way I want to play thanks to Notty. With her brilliant writing I'm sure it will finally fill the gap in adult games for me! :)

I have no problem with immersion as a female character. In general (including non-adult games here), I do choose male option first, if games give a choice, but I like to do second runs with a female. The important part, however, is to have different dialogues to an extent. I like when NPC's react differently based on the gender of the PC.:)
Well I wouldn't go so far as to say brilliant :) But thanks. Of course post the fem protag for H5 we then get the "real" SP game...

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes