TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
"But you can't just throw morality out of the window when it suits. Can you, Lieutenant?" View attachment 395030
It depends on who I am playing...

The MC is smart and doesn't have any superpowers. I like that in a MC.;)
Not even a big penis! :eek:
I am pretty sure you do not stand alone on this matter, I suspect it is my view that is considered the more extreme and slightly more negative view in this case. :p Then again I see the universe as mainly an amoral place that we humans try to impose morals on, so that is not so weird.
I am a pretty simple guy, my morals are inspired by my empathy. Causing undue suffering is evil, helping to alleviate suffering is good. Though that said, everything is on a case by case basis, and it's hard to judge because there are always factors that you cannot know. This is known. :p
I'm all for fighteasing a little, hell, I've been in a few relationships where we used to talk smack to each other. In France, we have a saying, "Qui aime bien châtie bien", meaning "Him who likes you will poke fun at you". The closest expression could simply be "tough love". When you like someone, you're not always saying sweet things to them, else you get diabetic and die. BUT (and just like Trisha's, this is a big butt) in this case, this is nothing like tough love. We are more likely in front of a situation I'd affectionately call "why da fuck are you still married and working together you dumb cunts!?". A.k.a. "Run, you fucking moron, else she will devour your gonads and lay her eggs in your still breathing corpse!". You get my drift.
My friends and I used to fuck with each other so much that people who did not know us must have thought we hated each other.
Well, unless you're like me and you have a very unhealthy habit of putting your interest dead fucking last so people will like you maybe.
I don't do it so much for people to like me, it's just that is one of my core values.
True. Being cognizant of that is the first step towards recognizing when it happens, although that recognition is often too late. Hindsight is 20/20? More like hindsight is a fucking electron microscope. Given the way Notty writes I wouldn't be surprised if the MC (and others) look back after they've solved the problem (assuming they do) and kick themselves for being blind to it in the first place.
It was so easy, just slap Mike, and tell him to stop flipping switches!!! :p
To a cave full of friendly Ophions? *optimist*
I heard Marcus gave them his little blue pills, you better be careful if you are playing the female MC ...or worse, the male one! :eek:
Sneak off on the Iowa after their last delivery? :whistle:
Hope you have a good hiding spot in the meantime.
So Mr Benson the butler had another hobby as well? :p
Considering all the craziness on Soap, that would not surprise me!

...but I suppose we won't find out until the next episode.
Or they fixed it. :unsure:
But I wonder which planet is that because it doesn't match the ingame profile for neither Ophion or Phoebe.
Mars?
Listen Ordinalfabetix, your jokes are like your fishes....
They make good sushi?

TomberryDude

May 22, 2017
I don't do it so much for people to like me, it's just that is one of my core values.
Well in my case it is and it isn't. It is in my values to try and be nice and helping to everyone. I'd feel guilty anyway if I didn't. And it's not like I struggle to be "nice" it comes to me naturally.

But I also have no self esteem to speak of and I'm a starved for love needy son of a bitch so I will try to make people happy at my own detriment. I'm taking pills about it.

Reactions: DA22 and TheDevian

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Well in my case it is and it isn't. It is in my values to try and be nice and helping to everyone. I'd feel guilty anyway if I didn't. And it's not like I struggle to be "nice" it comes to me naturally.

But I also have no self esteem to speak of and I'm a starved for love needy son of a bitch so I will try to make people happy at my own detriment. I'm taking pills about it.
I used to be like that, I mean ...I still mostly am, I have no self esteem, or any of that, but I just don't care about most people any more. If you are cool with me, I will do almost anything I can to help you, but I am tried of getting stabbed in the back, a lesson I have to keep relearning every few years, so I try to keep the people close to me limited.
Mostly I found pot which keeps me in a good mood (and curb a lot of pain and other problems I have), I do my damnedest to avoid drama, and I work on things that make me happy.

TomberryDude

May 22, 2017
I used to be like that, I mean ...I still mostly am, I have no self esteem, or any of that, but I just don't care about most people any more. If you are cool with me, I will do almost anything I can to help you, but I am tried of getting stabbed in the back, a lesson I have to keep relearning every few years, so I try to keep the people close to me limited.
Mostly I found pot which keeps me in a good mood (and curb a lot of pain and other problems I have), I do my damnedest to avoid drama, and I work on things that make me happy.
I can feel that. I don't really mind people "using" me for stuff, if I was gonna do it anyway. But I do want people to like me. I try not to let tht dictate my befaviour, be too obvious and a lot of times it comes impulsively but eh.

Reactions: TheDevian

noname777

Jul 8, 2018
Since we still have 6.5 chapters to go, I'll just assume someone steals the Vanguard there.
Let the speculations commence!
6.5? I thought the fourth chapter is almost complete, or at least it will appear this month.
Do you have any confirmation that it is only half done?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: DA22

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017

Oddball2k

Woof, woof, woof!
Donor
Jun 1, 2018
Morning!
I rejected Trisha on my canon playthrough, but professionally though, I'm not a monster ;)
I kept my options with Trish, never reject an opportunity to get precious infos in close combat contact.
I suspect that this is because, in fact, you have never had the pleasure of playing your own game.

And by that, I mean you have not had the pleasure of playing H5 with a newness/innocence of not knowing where your choices are going to lead.

I ALWAYS* go back and replay the game differently, or, at least, "scroll back" a bit to see where the other choice might lead... are you saying you don't play that way? With the twists and turns and numerous branches, we just get more bang for the buck (or I am hoping we get the bang anyway) with choices.

So the fact that so many of the hard core followers have played your game in every conceivable manner is really a testament to the developers skill.

*That is, when the game is worth a shit.
Well said sir!
This reminds me of a quote from Caméra Café (don't laugh, I'm a fan).
Very literal translation:
Sylvain: "Hervé, have you ever done something in your interest but against your conscience?"
Hervé: "Never! It's one of my core values!"
Sylvain: "Ok..." goes away
Hervé (alone): "My conscience always listens to my interest. It's a core value..." *cackle*
Ah ah ah, i'm a fan too.;)
Lovely!:love:
True. Being cognizant of that is the first step towards recognizing when it happens, although that recognition is often too late. Hindsight is 20/20? More like hindsight is a fucking electron microscope. Given the way Notty writes I wouldn't be surprised if the MC (and others) look back after they've solved the problem (assuming they do) and kick themselves for being blind to it in the first place.
Yeah, That's why i will never question myself again about the MC abilities... he is a human after all!
Rah lovely!!:love::love:
I don't want to think about Ophions, my head already hurting with enough mysteries and conundrums without that can of worms,
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
As i forgot to say Sinphil, welcome onboard mate!:D
Hope you are well prepared with your board too.

Remember that accident Notty mentioned. They crashed because they were obsessed about the landing gear.;)
Bad joke Akamari, you're better than this... let me help you.
Well done Sonia but you left the crew behind... are you Thea?:unsure:

And all these talks about core values,good or bad... good or evil?
Remind me my Nietzschean years, nein danke!

Last edited:

Sinphil

Nov 15, 2018
*chuckles*
Still better than grinding doing chores for a shower peek though, no? :)
Is bloody awesome ;) Not just the great game with brilliant writing. A good story teller lets you escape reality for a while, a great story teller keeps you thinking long after story has been told. With a lot of games here I sit and find plot holes galore and pointlessly wait for the filler that never comes, with your game I find things that don't quite add up and go what am I missing? What could explain this?

As i forgot to say Sinphil, welcome onboard mate!:D
Hope you are well prepared with your board too.
Glad to be here, has already become my safe place to retreat to. Great group of people with good sense of humour.

Just notes lol, I can't fit the board in the taxi to work on while earning the rent.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
My eyes!:eek:

Oh yes, a lot! I'm looking forward to it very much. It will be very interesting to roleplay from a different perspective. :)
Well I rarely play FeMC games on this site, since I do kinda dislike having to corrupt her or get raped by douchebags to see any action 99% of the time and it is easier to immerse with a male MC for me. (So I actually need a game to be better with a FeMC to get my interest to start with), but I most likely will have at least one or two play-throughs with a FeMC just to see what differences it makes.

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
4.10 star(s) 64 Votes