Sulring Durgul

Sep 2, 2018
Yeah like I said, it felt in a way natural for Chris, she is protective of her own after all. Just was a bit surprised she would take it that far, then again it is something that is seen in police forces as well and other close knit groups of more criminal persuasion. :p
I'm not surprised that Chris would be protective of her team, but I'm astounded by the cheek she displays in the letter. The only reason good enough to justify her tone would probably be if her letter was addressed to her husband.

Sulring Durgul

Sep 2, 2018
I think Chris from Heavy Five is a good exemple in my case. The first time I talked to her I thought I wouldn't like her much. Then the landing scene happened and I felt like I could trust her now. Even be friends maybe. It's not someone I'd be sexually into IRL but I like her.

And she kept getting better after that, mostly from small things she said or did. But most importantly, it took only about 2 scenes with her to now I cared about her. Took even less with Sarah and Annie. I liked them from the first interaction and knew I'd do them. And that hasn't changed.
Preach, brother!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I'm not surprised that Chris would be protective of her team, but I'm astounded by the cheek she displays in the letter. The only reason good enough to justify her tone would probably be if her letter was addressed to her husband.
Well you may well be right in that or someone else she knows pretty well or she just went for the deny everything, knowing proof against them is bad but denial would be plausible enough since they are needed anyway and that would outweigh any transgression.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Preach, brother!
Also something I remember from my short days drafted in the army, if you got in a drunken fight over nothing people were in trouble, if you got into a drunken fight to help out a squadmate, you might be reprimanded and maybe a few days of chores if unlucky but somehow those were made very light work with surprising help. :ROFLMAO:

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Well it is a strong method of giving background information, without offering to much story time up to it. Maybe something you could do through the pda as you did with amanda info unlocked by annie. Possibly amanda or someone else could help you to some classified information at opportune times? The fact it was funny as hell and showed Chris takes her protection of her own very far, made it even more entertaining.:ROFLMAO:
Yeah, I like things like that, it gives you a lot of insight into a character, without making the players who don't like that stuff (or just not in the mood for it) sit through it. I can't tell you how sick I am of starting a game only to enter into a huge narrative text dump, while I have to sit through them giving me the history of the MC, his family, their town, all of their friends, and so on... All the while I am screaming in my head, SHUT THE FUCK UP! I DON'T FUCKING CARE! GET ON WITH IT! :ROFLMAO: ...Show don't tell! It was the best of times, it was the worst of intros... :sneaky:
Depends on how you would cut it, for example you could have a talk with amanda about chris and you wonder what all the complaints were and she then offers you to read the letter. The letter would then just be another entry in PDA you could read separately and same for other canon bits. Edit: Ofc Notty could then add a render or two of the situation that might come from another unofficial source. :p

By the way how do you connect those supporting thingies under your name?
Our orders got leaked, no reason hers could not too, though finding a copy of the letter in her room (or e-mail or something) would be fitting as well...
Also, and I'm sure you are mindful of this, they should be placed in a manner that makes sense. Finding a page from a diary of a companion in the middle of an unrelated cave is not a good example. :)
WHAT?!?!?!? You mean it's NOT normal to stop, write all of your thoughts on a scrap of paper, and just leave it where you are?!?!?!!? :eek: OMG!
Thank you - too kind. One of the limitations of game writing is you can't really "write" y'know? You just have dialogue.
I plan to do reasonable narration, you see this, you notice that (after all, I am not sure what I am going to be able to render or not yet), my one rule is to try not to tell the player how they feel about something or someone (with a few exceptions). For example, I might say, this reminds you of such and such, or this made you think of such and such rule, but I am trying to avoid things like she is the most beautiful woman you have ever known, because tastes are relative. The only real difference is that we have to work in choices. IDK, big talk for a guy who hasn't put out a single chapter! Here I thought I was a slut and I'm not putting out! For shame!!!
Well, you are right that it wouldn't make me look like a worthless pirate if this catches on.:)
Well, it might help belie the notion that many have that we are all a bunch of freeloaders.
Well it is a theory i have heard before being put forward for devs that keep on postponing the inevitable for years. The other option is that they have no idea what to do with their game after the main protagonists had sex and are afraid to end the game. I have no care which one is true, for me as a player both reasons are as bad. I do not mind a bit of a slow burn, but if you cant even cook an egg with that heat it is time to run.
Far too many manga/anime go that route too, it can be painful to watch.
If I had the skill to do renders like yours, I don't think I would leave my computer! Oh the things I would do with Becca, Sarah, Annie, Chris, Kelly... you get the drift :oops:;) I suppose I'll just have to wait for CH4 instead :)
I don't have the skill, and I rarely get turned on by daz (especially just regular stills with no story), it's the situation and plot that get me going.
Even if the Captain of the Intrepid is a "good" man and looks after his crew, there are some things that an officer in a command position cannot let pass. So I'm really curious to learn what punishment was deemed necessary in this case.
A simple slap on the wrist is highly unlikely... Perhaps some of her crew members were grounded after this incident, hence why our MC finds the Vanny short-staffed when the adventure begins?
Maybe they had to do all of their morning routines in the buff ...reminds me of a doujin I read for some military anime, like Strike Witches or something... :unsure:
It's really being forced that I don't like. In COBD it's fine because I have a choice to go at my pace to enjoy it.
Yup, dropped a few games for that reason, there was one, where you have to screw the sister's friend, and can't refuse, but she tells me she had plastic surgery done, and fake tits are a pretty big turn off for me, so I wanted to refuse but was unable. There was another one not long ago where this girl tries to hand the player a spliff, and if you are on one path, you have no choice but to hit it, and if you are on another one, you have no choice but to refuse (and or run away), as if someone who is polite and likes to study can't also like pot... :p
The funny thing is I feel the same way. But to the point of dropping a game entirely if a sex scene happen too early? Seems like an overreaction to me. It's hard enough to find games I don't feel like I have to force myself to keep playing for one attrocious reason or another. If I gave up for that kind of petty reasons I'd play almost nothing.

And it would probably be healthier.
Yeah, I have had to drop a lot of games, especially lately with my lack of free time, but 'too much sex' has never been one of those reasons... Bad design, bad writing, annoying characters, etc... but too much sex, nope. XD

Dripping

Feb 16, 2019
Sounds good to me. It doesn't matter all that much when they would appear in the game.

Also, and I'm sure you are mindful of this, they should be placed in a manner that makes sense. Finding a page from a diary of a companion in the middle of an unrelated cave is not a good example. :)
There's only one sad thing to this.. Notty did away with the clicketies. I would've loved to find pages of Mike's ever expanding collection of ahegao pr0n scattered across the station. Especially if said pages occasionally contained images he took from sneakily installed showercams around the station. Even more if such pages would stop appearing incase Mike were to meet an untimely end, while continueing to appear if he were to stay alive (as a :p to those who would try to cause his demise).

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
There's only one sad thing to this.. Notty did away with the clicketies. I would've loved to find pages of Mike's ever expanding collection of ahegao pr0n scattered across the station. Especially if said pages occasionally contained images he took from sneakily installed showercams around the station. Even more if such pages would stop appearing incase Mike were to meet an untimely end, while continueing to appear if he were to stay alive (as a :p to those who would try to cause his demise).
Hey, if he were being THAT helpful, he would be so much more valuable! ...wait, what? :unsure: :sneaky:

frap

Oct 17, 2018
He's a software guy, wouldn't be more his speed?

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
*wiggles eyebrows*

Obvs I could just say a+b+c=d....but where's the fun in that? :)

Still, plenty to find out yet of course :)

Dripping

Feb 16, 2019
The trick is to always have an extra package in reserve or make sure your GF (when have one) smokes a brand that you can handle as well:)
Or smoke rollies of a brand that most people strongly dislike, so if their inability to roll doesn't stop them, that they will never want to borrow one of yours anyway because of the flavor, meaning your packages last way longer.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
He's a software guy, wouldn't be more his speed?
Sure it wasn't more like...
Or smoke rollies of a brand that most people strongly dislike, so if their inability to roll doesn't stop them, that they will never want to borrow one of yours anyway because of the flavor, meaning your packages last way longer.
That's what I used to do! ...and it had absolutely nothing to do with being too poor for prerolled or anything! :cautious:

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
True, that backfires though if your friends smoke rollies most of the time and have the same weird taste as you have. besides if you are really without and all shops and places that sell them are closed (luckily that is kinda rare in my neigborhood, maybe between 4am to 6 am:p), it is remarkable what kind of shit you can smoke.

• Haha
Reactions: TheDevian
4.10 star(s) 64 Votes